SKSE -Elys- AltF4 (by Elys)

dstansberry

I want to to make my new suggestion more clear after the feedback...

I would like this mod moved from Fixes up to Utilities. It would still be in the Guide, front and center at the top actually, but remove it from Core. This way it's optional. Core mods are mods everyone should install, which is clearly not the case with this mod. The same goes for DCF, but I'll get to that after we decide on this one.

• 3 months later...

An old thread shouldn't be toched but...

without this mod whenever I type something in the console window the first character I type is missing. That's for the first time only but it's really annoying. I'm using ENBoost but will keep this mod running.

Sometimes Windows see these keys as modifiers to other keys and is used to create foreign characters such as: Õ, Ã, etc. This is what my current system does.

It might be the case that Windows is trapping the first key press of ~ and holding the next keypress as the modified one. Windows relinquishes control after the second key, your first key in the console, and then the console is allowed to take the subsequent keypresses.

Well same issue with this mod that I saw with Double-cursor fix. Since we explicitly say STEP users MUST install ENBoost there seems little reason to keep this mod in the list especially when the wiki and the guide have this to say regarding it's use:

ENBoost user can skip this mod. Users not installing ENBoost should install this mod.

Either ENBoost is mandatory and these small mods are superfluous or ENBoost is an option in which case these mods can stay. Logically ENBoost stays and these smaller mods go.