Roadsigns Redone (by Hanna)

WilliamImm

Found this mod thanks to my presence in AFK mods chat. Meant as a companion mod to Point the Way - also suggested on these forums.

This replaces the roadsigns with a improved, yet still weathered version. How does this compare to High-Res Legible Road Signs?

Mod Testing

• Test with latest version of mod.
  • Compare shots should be: Vanilla >> Legible Road Signs >> Roadsigns Redone (can be done from a vanilla, Core profile, or full STEP install profile)
  • No ENB or lighting mods active!

TechAngel's Compares:

Vanilla  >>  Legible Road Signs*  >>  Roadsigns Redone*

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

*Done in Core with Point This Way active.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting... Why does "Riften" point in the other direction?

It's actually not changing directions, it's being removed.  Point The Way changes a few of the signs around, although I couldn't tell you why in this example, you'd have to look at the map.

The post definitely looks better than before.  The signs blend in a lot better as well, the current ones look like Vanilla signs with a not-so-fantastic paint job.

I personally like the old better. These things are outside, all year round. They should have a weathered and old look to them. These feel much too "new" and "clean". Not only that but there is a hard contrast to the pole next to it... :down: (which is Lanterns of Skyrim).

EDIT:

Just for clarification... is the "old" vanilla or the mod that is currently in STEP, Legible Road Signs?

I personally like the old better. These things are outside, all year round. They should have a weathered and old look to them. These feel much too "new" and "clean". Not only that but there is a hard contrast to the pole next to it... :down: (which is Lanterns of Skyrim).

Ditto. Not much more to say.

Yes, but we live on Earth in XXI century where everyone has satnav in their mobile phone - unlike Skyrim's Nord folk ;)

I can imagine the signs being more dense in the past? Besides Skyrim's main roads are more an equivalent of todays motorways than a countryside I think - you get LOTS of directions when on the motorway.

I think "old" is Legible Road Signs.

Anyway, I do agree with techangel on further examination that the signs look too new and too clean. However, I'm willing to suggest making a more weathered version to the mod author - I'm sure she'll be willing to do so. When that's ready, may as well make new comparision screenshots.

Interesting... Why does "Riften" point in the other direction?

It's actually not changing directions, it's being removed.  Point The Way changes a few of the signs around, although I couldn't tell you why in this example, you'd have to look at the map.

The post definitely looks better than before.  The signs blend in a lot better as well, the current ones look like Vanilla signs with a not-so-fantastic paint job.

I've walked by that sign post a lot actually....

And Riften's sign is still there, it's behind Solitude and just below Markarth.

I always laugh when passing that post because the Riften one is point virtually the opposite direction, taking the road into consideration. XD

I need to install Point the Way... but then I won't have something to chuckle about when passing through there and other places. :(

TBH, Bethesda kinda messed up most of the signs pointing to Riften. I get the idea that it was meant to be somewhere else, or another town was supposed to be there otherwise, and they just forgot to fix the sign posts.

Yes, but we live on Earth in XXI century where everyone has satnav in their mobile phone - unlike Skyrim's Nord folk ;)

I can imagine the signs being more dense in the past? Besides Skyrim's main roads are more an equivalent of todays motorways than a countryside I think - you get LOTS of directions when on the motorway.

Exactly right.  They're called fingerposts, and they were required by English law at intersections on highways going back to the days of roman milestones.  You can imagine the consequences and cost if every cartload of goods got lost en route.

Posted Image

Legible Road Signs

Posted Image

Roadsigns Redone

This is not a 1:1 compare. Something else has also been changed in the second screen ... ENB maybe? Anyway' date=' we can't use this as a direct compare.

I personally like the old better. These things are outside' date=' all year round. They should have a weathered and old look to them. These feel much too "new" and "clean". Not only that but there is a hard contrast to the pole next to it... :down: (which is Lanterns of Skyrim).[/quote']

Ditto. Not much more to say.

Agree based on the compare, but, again, we need another compare shot with only the one change.

I think "old" is Legible Road Signs.

Anyway' date=' I do agree with techangel on further examination that the signs look too new and too clean. However, I'm willing to suggest making a more weathered version to the mod author - I'm sure she'll be willing to do so. When that's ready, may as well make new comparision screenshots.[/quote']

Agree.

I like the idea of moving and removing signs where plausible' date=' however, I do not like the new, clean look to the signs.[/quote']

Two seperate mods. Point the Way does the moving, Roadsigns Redone does the texture replacing. Then again, the initial compare does look a bit inaccurate - as something changed in the second screen. Maybe one with completely vanilla lighting?