• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Image

Legible Road Signs

Posted Image

Roadsigns Redone

This is not a 1:1 compare. Something else has also been changed in the second screen ... ENB maybe? Anyway, we can't use this as a direct compare.
Whatever.
it got cloudy... -__-
Finally, a real use for Clear Skies! >:D

• 2 months later...

Found this mod thanks to my presence in AFK mods chat. Meant as a companion mod to Point the Way - also suggested on these forums.

This replaces the roadsigns with a improved, yet still weathered version. How does this compare to High-Res Legible Road Signs?

Ive never come across this mod, but I actually have used the Hannas RoadSign resources package that is posted up over at TES Alliance.  It seems to be the same assets just packaged into an actual release. 

My honest opinion is that its a great option for anyone looking to upgrade their road signs.  However, at the end of the day, when im playing my game, the noticeable in-game difference between a mod like this and one such as "High-Res Legible Road Signs" is negligible.  That being said, there may be other users who are more detail oriented and/or rely more heavily on the signs, and they may find a more pronounced difference between the two.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I still like the Legible over these. Just cuz Legible looks more like the names are carved in to the wood ensted of painted on which would be the case back in medievil times. Carved names last alot longer then painted names. and also Legible looks a little more weathered ensted of brand new like in the roadsigns redone.

My vote goes to roadsigns redone. It makes sense to me that Skyrim as a trading hub to have well maintained signs... one could argue that there is a civil war going on, etc. but that doesn't stop the need for trade to feed the war machine. Overall the look and feel is better to me. If included, extended over core due to the style change.

Sometimes I think that if I made a bad retexture called Better Tonails, most people would want to use it simply because it is a retexture.

I think that vanilla looks completely fine and more believable than the others (big surprise). For STEP, Legible Roadsigns is the only acceptable retex, as it maintains the vanilla style.