Roadsigns Redone (by Hanna)

WilliamImm

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have looked a little bit on making my own but it is a bit beyond my skills to do it quickly.

Guess the lettering is not weathered because its simply a font put onto the texture and then edited a little bit.

Making lettering that is carved or burned into the wood is not so easy to make, since there is not easy way to make it blend well... that I have found so far. Oh well the experimentation continues.

The name weathering is included in the roadsign textures, and in vanilla it is clearly done manually since the same letter has different weathering when used multiple times. Vanilla has the most name weathering and the names look like they are painted, especially the white letters. The Legible roadsigns texture roadsignscities01.dds has names that look carved, but the names in the other Legible roadsign textures look painted and have a very small amount of weathering included. I wonder if there is a way that the mods could just use the names from the vanilla textures.