Dual Sheath Redux (by Neovalen)

Neovalen

Figured I would make a separate thread to cover this mod in my Revisited area.

News and future plans (No set ETA):

1. Leviathan has returned from real life and will be providing me an early SkyProc version in the near future which supports texture sets removing the need for some workarounds. He also stated the Dragonborn compatible(without workaround) to follow soon after.

2. Going to do a review of each mesh for shield/staff and and provide a "far" version for use with backpacks/cloaks. Similar to the implementation in "Wet and Cold".

3. Find a code workaround for the "favorites" engine bug.

4. Review all possible clipping and possibly create an "official" skeleton. Might not be possible to eliminate all clipping but I can try no?

Hope everyone is enjoying the mod.

I think 2 sounds like a good idea.

How about in addition to (or instead of) 3 you allow (all) the favorited weapons to show up on sheaths? I suppose if someone goes crazy and has two dozen favorites there might be too much clipping. Lots of people are looking for a more stable ATTT and this might be the way to get there. I expect such an option would be very popular. (I have no idea how feasible this is - but it's an opportunity to turn a bug into a feature!)

I think 2 sounds like a good idea.

How about in addition to (or instead of) 3 you allow (all) the favorited weapons to show up on sheaths? I suppose if someone goes crazy and has two dozen favorites there might be too much clipping. Lots of people are looking for a more stable ATTT and this might be the way to get there. I expect such an option would be very popular. (I have no idea how feasible this is - but it's an opportunity to turn a bug into a feature!)

Look up ATTK (Easy Version). I'm told it works pretty good with my mod as is. I've given thought to this though and may implement once all bugs are ironed out.

2/4 likely go together... will have to see. Unfortunately, different bodies have different locations and most skeleton mods don't take this into account. Will see as I go along.

Thinking about switching the biped slots to be more compatible with some other mods. I know some of the clothing mods like to use the slots I've selected as does wearable lanterns/bandoliers I just noticed.... any suggestions? Currently the mod uses 54/57 and clashes with a few of the popular mods.

From the Creation Kit wiki:

Existing Named Nodes

The following Nodes are used by the assets supplied with the game.

30 - head

31 - hair

32 - body (full)

33 - hands

34 - forearms

35 - amulet

36 - ring

37 - feet

38 - calves

39 - shield

40 - tail

41 - long hair

42 - circlet

43 - ears

50 - decapitated head [NordRace]

51 - decapitate [NordRace]

61 - FX01

There are a total of 15 unused nodes (Unnamed) that can each have a new armor piece equipped to them without forcing something else to unequip. The following are the recommended nodes to use for user created content that does not fit into the list above.

44 - face/mouth

45 - neck (like a cape, scarf, or shawl, neck-tie etc)

46 - chest primary or outergarment

47 - back (like a backpack/wings etc)

48 - misc/FX (use for anything that doesnt fit in the list)

49 - pelvis primary or outergarment

52 - pelvis secondary or undergarment

53 - leg primary or outergarment or right leg

54 - leg secondary or undergarment or left leg

55 - face alternate or jewelry

56 - chest secondary or undergarment

57 - shoulder

58 - arm secondary or undergarment or left arm

59 - arm primary or outergarment or right arm

60 - misc/FX (use for anything that doesnt fit in the list)

I took a look around here are some popular mods and the slots they use:

Bandolier: 48, 52, 53, 55, 57, 58, 59

Various Misc. Jewelry Mods: 52, 57, 60

Wearable Lanterns: 55, 57

Cloak/Backpack Mods: 45, 47

Pretty much every slot is being used by SOMEONE...

I'm thinking slot 60 looks good... and maybe use 44 as a frequently un-used node? Really not sure...

If it was me I would just make the harsh decision and take up the optimum slots and say... decide.. this mod or that.

If I had to chose I would pick bandolier. I do not use it anymore because I do not like that it fills up the leather rack with options that are basically almost all identical.. and it causes CTD´s for me when there are too many things in that list and I scroll with my mouse wheel. (I like the way cloaks have done it with requiring a book etc. instead.)

Also SR does not really cater to that mod... since we have no weight overhaul mod.. so it is still possible to use all other vanilla carry increases with ease.

And we also have the backpacks which are nice and more immersive anyways imo. (50 carry capacity in a backpack, but 100 in a belt... comeon)

Guess daggers could go to one of those spots without looking too odd.. and then a weapon could go to where the daggers are now etc etc. It opens up alot of options!

The only plus is the cosmetic changes...

Finished making the patcher configurable for slot (default slots will be 44 and 60) so the user can modify them at their discretion. :) That should make anyone who wants to be compatible happy. Now if I could just figure out this damned 3rd weapon bug. ;)

Also removed the SkyUI dependancy, will provide some basic instructions for how to remove the mod manually. MCM still available for users of SkyUI.

I played a few hours with the latest version. A couple of odd things -

1. The PC's shield would occasionally (33% of the time maybe) not go on the back but would remain in the left hand. Toggling the PC's shield on back in the MCM would fix this. Unequipping and equipping the shield would often but not always fix it. The shield was always a vanilla hide shield - either plain or upgraded to "fine".

2. When using the Vilja mod, she would never put her shield on her back, it always remained in her left hand if equipped. This was with a vanilla iron shield or the above hide shield. Other NPCs (guards, followers) all behaved correctly as near as I can remember.

Yeah the shield thing happens to me once in a blue moon but re-equip always works for me, no idea on the cause. Literally can swap shield 25 times out of 26 without having the issue. Suspect maybe a script lag or something of that nature.