127 replies to this topic

#16 walkman80

walkman80

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:06 AM

I use CoT 3.0 and RLO 4.0.7c atm... with my own custom ENB.
(Remember that CoT is incompatible with a few mods on the SR list like dramatic clouds.)

Looked at CoT 3.1 a bit.  (I installed all the defaults.)  The only mod it seems to overwrite is a texture for tundragrass from Skyrim Flora Overhaul.  (I removed Immersive Thunder as that seemed too big of a conflict as I assumed the .esps would not play not.  Plus I want to try out the Cot  Sounds.)

Dramatic clouds has textures but no .esp.  The textures do not conflict with CoT 3.1.  The note about a conflict a few months ago mentioned that whichever cloud texture you preferred should just overwrite the other.

CoT winter seems to overwrite a few SFO (farm house and dirt) and World Map items.

I wonder where to put CoT in the process.  If it's before textures I will get to keep SFO's tundragrass, otherwise I will get CoT's.  CoT Winter (if I use it) should go after SFO so I get the new snowy goodness.

BOSS seems to have the esps all sorted out.

I'm kind of shocked that MO does not list any conflicts for RLO or or Skyrim Project Optimization.  I guess this means their order doesn't matter so long as I let BOSS sort out the esps.

So, I decided to try CoT3.1 w/ RLO in lieu of RCRN, which I had been using. So far, so good. I am using CoT Winter & Nights Level 5 & Sounds then RLO interiors/dungeons. I have CoT below SFO - did not try it the other way. Just used BOSS and let it do its thing as far as .esp order. 

Only reason I messed around with this is because I broke my previous save with RCRN :( I swear I just need to leave well enough alone at some point haha!

#17 Aiyen

Aiyen

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,536 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:01 AM

There is a new patch for minty lighting for CoT 3.1 up since yesterday... make sure you use that as well or you will also have a conflict with that. Immersive thunder is not really required... Dramatic clouds can be used but will make some weathers looks a bit strange since they will use textures that the author did not intend. I load in all of mine after WATER first Skyrim Project Optimization, then RLO, then CoT 3.1 Then I got Relighting Skyrim Dragonborn laying in wait since RLO does not yet touch DB. For load order I just use the BOSS one.

#18 statmonster

statmonster

High King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:09 PM

[quote name=''Kal' pid='32002' dateline='1365054913']I've been giving RealVisionENB by SkyrimTuner a go. It's based on 0157 and is designed to be used with CoT 3.1 and RLO. It's all very subjective of course' date=' but it's the nicest one I've tried so far. I found Phinix a bit washed out, especially interiors which seemed really bright to me.[/quote']
I just tried this out with 1.4Beta with the Bokeh, particles and WATERS add on.  It's very pretty, with warm colors. 

Two issues:

1.  There's a pretty steep FPS hit dropping me from 60+ to around 40.  However, the visual effect seems fine, I probably would not even notice it without FRAPs.  The game seemed a little less responsive than usual - but this might have just been my perception due to the knowing the FPS was dropping.

2.  Medium to long distance details are very blurry.  Standing at the bridges over the river near Honeybrew Meadery on a clear day I can not make out bandits on the road going up to the Ritual Stone, but they can see me well enough to shoot me with arrows.  When I hit F12 they are clearly visible on the road.  Since it comes and goes with F12 I'm suspecting that it's not (only) the .ini setting of "iBlurDeferredShadowMask=5" that's causing issues.  Is this blurriness a deliberate feature of the mod or something I should try to correct for by altering settings?  Distant details like mountains did look nice.

#19 Aiyen

Aiyen

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • 3,536 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:17 AM

Blurry distance is most likely because of the DoF... if it is Bokeh go to the enbeffectprepass.fx file and make sure the quality is set to 1.. might be set to higher values which really eats performance. However with any ENB with all most stuff activated then expect a drop in FPS. You should not really start to notice any lag until you get below 30 FPS... but the game might "feel" a bit more sluggish... but this is not really a problem unless you use combat mods that cater to fast and furious action. If you want further help to optimize performance just send me a pm.

#20 walkman80

walkman80

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:32 PM

You guys noticing that dungeons in RLO 4.07 are pretty bright compared to CoT? Honestly, I don't see the need for RLO dungeons unless you don't like the dark. torch-carrying experience. Kind of disappointed in that, actually.

#21 Aiyen

Aiyen

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • 3,536 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:34 PM

Plenty of ways to get darker dungeons if you so prefer. I personally do it with my ENB preset.

#22 Smile44

Smile44

High King

• Members
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:42 PM

[quote name=''walkman80' pid='32410' dateline='1365366741']You guys noticing that dungeons in RLO 4.07 are pretty bright compared to CoT? Honestly' date=' I don't see the need for RLO dungeons unless you don't like the dark. torch-carrying experience. Kind of disappointed in that, actually.[/quote']
Actually RLO's dungeons are not finished yet "Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Dungeons (Currently does not include cell edits - imagespace modifier only)". To be fair I'm not entirely sure what that means in literal terms. But more work to be done. I like dark dungeons and the ones I've been in seem very dark where there are no lights present.

"Dungeons will also start to see some new light. Dungeon lighting will be looking more natural and getting rid of a lot of fake fog and glows, and lore lighting will be added so that more light sources will make sense!"

Hopefully dungeon lighting will be more as intended when 4.08 comes out.

:)

#23 Neovalen

Neovalen

Talos

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,679 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:21 PM

Going to look at CoT 3.1 and RLO 4.0.7c right now, downloaded both last night.

#24 Ezekiel33

Ezekiel33

Prisoner

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:39 PM

Just installed this one today : https://skyrim.nexus....com/mods/34509 Pretty nice nights and created for cot+rlo in mind :) Here are some pictures : https://imgur.com/a/vgK9A

#25 WilliamImm

WilliamImm

Legendary Blue Dragon

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:44 PM

You can use the [img] tag by itself to avoid having two really huge images clutter up the thread, you know.

#26 Neovalen

Neovalen

Talos

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,679 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:27 AM

No ENB. CoT + RLO only with current version of SR.

Posted Image

#27 statmonster

statmonster

High King

• Members
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:05 PM

I've been using CoT 3.1 and RLO 4.0.7c without an ENB. (All with default settings.). I sort of like the look. Caves have lots of shadows from the lights and some deep shadows in the corners or down ill lit passages but are bright enough to see in for the most part. It's probably not supremely realistic (unless the Dovakhin as amazing night vision) but it is very nice looking and plays well. I'm not sure that I'm up for staring at a virtually pitch black monitor for hours on end - the idea is to have a fun, entertaining game, not ruin my eye site by straining to stare at variations in black. Or at least that's what I'm thinking now.

#28 Neovalen

Neovalen

Talos

• Mod Authors
  • 5,679 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:52 PM

I don't mind a little dark but many go too dark your right. What I really want to find is an ENB that only adds FX and doesn't tweak the lighting overly much.

#29 WilliamImm

WilliamImm

Legendary Blue Dragon

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:19 PM

Skyrealism ENB? That was recommended by both techangel and the RLO team. Cinematic or Vanilla would work fine.

#30 dreadflopp

dreadflopp

High King

• Pack Authors
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:45 PM

I've tried a lot of ENB's and all of them have something I don't like. Decided to stick with the lightning and colours from COT and RLO and just add SMAA, AO and the improved shadows from ENB. I like the results. I used this ENB: https://skyrim.nexus....com/mods/34014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users