Ancient Falmer Armor HD Retext & Redone (by Barneq)

DCS78

Which version of the armor (in post #16) is the best?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which version of the armor (in post #16) is the best?

• Vanilla
    • Modded (no optionals)
    • Modded with ragged optional
    • Modded with glow optional

I've recently watched gophers video on Race Menu 2.0 and the possibilities it might bring for modders.

I think it's only a matter of time before the first mods will add glowing runes after a piece of equipment was enchanted, so I'ld take the modded armor without optionals, since the "ragged" optional's additions look like a joke. Anyway I think this mod will get replaced by a more experienced modder's work sooner or later.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is about a year until he get's through them... There's a lot... most weapons, unique items and artifacts, faction armor (other than wolf), Dawngaurd, Dragonborn (other than Nordic Carved). I think most shields are still awaiting work too (but I'm not positive about this). Of course there's no real telling which order he will tackle these in. Also I think he's still got dragon-scale and dragon-bone armor left among the vanilla ones to do too.

• 4 weeks later...

I would say it is too close to call (1 vote) and should be left to an administrative/moderator vote (which is how we usually hand these close calls).

No, actually, it is not. You misunderstood the poll. It's basically a straight vanilla vs modded comparion. The reason why there are more than two options was because the mod has multiple optional variants, and the one that is the most popular is the one that will be recommended by STEP.

If you add the 2 votes for Modded without any optionals, you get 7 votes for modded, over 4 for vanilla. That's a 3 vote difference, and that's enough for it to get into STEP.

Yes. but it doesn't make sense for the vanilla armor to be as dirty as it is anyway. I will still place this mod in Core, and change the recommendation to not use the optional.

Regardless of the armors material, it would still accumulate dirt and dust and blood as it's used; not to mention nicks and scrapes and scratches. It's just too polished for my personal tastes. BTW, it's only a two vote difference now. :)

That, does need an administrative vote as will any mod that will be up for Core because Core is suppose to rarely change. Any mod's potential for Core will need to be an overall vote by the admins just like we did will the rest of the mods in STEP. You and I can not simply approve mods for Core as we can for Extended because it is/will be the base for all Packs.

I would say it is too close to call (1 vote) and should be left to an administrative/moderator vote (which is how we usually hand these close calls).

No, actually, it is not. You misunderstood the poll. It's basically a straight vanilla vs modded comparion. The reason why there are more than two options was because the mod has multiple optional variants, and the one that is the most popular is the one that will be recommended by STEP.

If you add the 2 votes for Modded without any optionals, you get 7 votes for modded, over 4 for vanilla. That's a 3 vote difference, and that's enough for it to get into STEP.

The poll asks users to pick their favorite single variant. Vanilla has the most votes of any single variant (and is better IMO). The non-vanilla variants should not be combined since they are each different. All we can say is that 7 people prefer some non-vanilla option, whereas 6 prefer vanilla. No single non-vanilla option wins.

I don't think a retex makes sense unless there is a good reason for it. The difference alone is not significant enough to warrant this one, IMO, and unless there is some kind of quality improvement or performance enhancement I am missing, I don't see why this one should be Core.

Let the poll speak for itself if my reasoning seems flawed, right?

EDIT: I'll bet that most of the highly-qualified texture artists would agree that vanilla is more meticulously crafted upon close inspection ....