Skyrim -Community- Uncapper (by Elys)

skwareballz

Recently, I accidentally deleted my Uncapper and when installing again and redoing my ini file, when I went to my skills menu, it gifted me with two unused perk increases that I didn't have before. All of my perks are there unchanged but why do I have two unused perks now?

[spoiler=Uncapper ini File][General];DO NOT MODIFY THIS VALUE;INI file versioniINIFileVersion = 3;Enable(1) or Disable(0) the plugin;Default value = 0bEnabled=1;Enable(1) or Disable(0) the AutoUpdate functionality. IT MIGHT NOT WORK WITH CERTAIN SKYRIM VERSION! ENABLE AT YOUR OWN RISK!;Default value = 0bAutoUpdate=0;Enable(1) or Disable(0) the Uncapper Skill Level Caps;;Default value = 0bUseSkillCaps=1;Enable(1) or Disable(0) the Uncapper Skill caps inside formulas governed by skills.;Default value = 0bUseSkillFormulaCaps=1;Enable(1) or Disable(0) the ingame Enchanter Uncapper skill caps;Default value = 0bUseEnchanterCaps=1;Enable(1) or Disable(0) the Uncapper Skill Experience Gained Multipliers;;Default value = 0bUseSkillExpGainMults=0;Enable(1) or Disable(0) the Uncapper Skill Experience to Player's Character Experience Multipliers;;Default value = 0bUsePCLevelSkillExpMults=0;Enable(1) or Disable(0) the number of perks gained, set by the Uncapper, at each level up;Default value = 0bUsePerksAtLevelUp=1;Enable(1) or Disable(0) the number of health points, set by the Uncapper, gained at each level up when Health is selected during the Level Up screen;Default value = 0bUseHealthAtLevelUp=1;Enable(1) or Disable(0) the number of magicka points, set by the Uncapper, gained at each level up when Magicka is selected during the Level Up screen;Default value = 0bUseMagickaAtLevelUp=0;Enable(1) or Disable(0) the number of stamina points, set by the Uncapper, gained at each level up when Stamina is selected during the Level Up screen;Default value = 0bUseStaminaAtLevelUp=1;Enable(1) or Disable(0) the number of "Carry Weight" points, set by the Uncapper, gained at each level up when Health is selected during the Level Up screen;Default value = 0bUseCarryWeightAtHealthLevelUp=0;Enable(1) or Disable(0) the number of "Carry Weight" points, set by the Uncapper, gained at each level up when Magicka is selected during the Level Up screen;Default value = 0bUseCarryWeightAtMagickaLevelUp=0;Enable(1) or Disable(0) the number of "Carry Weight" points, set by the Uncapper, gained at each level up when Stamina is selected during the Level Up screen;Default value = 0bUseCarryWeightAtStaminaLevelUp=1[skillCaps]; Set the Skill Level Cap to; Between 0 and 10000;; Using too low or too high values may crash the game. Handle them with caution.; Default game value = 100iAlchemy=150iAlteration=50iArchery=150iBlock=150iConjuration=50iDestruction=50iEnchanting=75iHeavyArmor=175iIllusion=50iLightArmor=70iLockpicking=100iOneHanded=175iPickpocket=30iRestoration=100iSmithing=150iSneak=75iSpeech=100iTwoHanded=100[skillFormulaCaps]; Set the Skill Formula Cap to; If your skill level is higher than the cap set below, then the skill level showing in game will be capped and displayed in red color (like if it was affected by a negative enchantment); Between 0 and 10000;; Using too low or too high values may crash the game. Handle them with caution.; Default game value = 100iAlchemy=200iAlteration=100iArchery=200iBlock=200iConjuration=100iDestruction=100iEnchanting=125iHeavyArmor=200iIllusion=100iLightArmor=120iLockpicking=150iOneHanded=200iPickpocket=80iRestoration=150iSmithing=200iSneak=125iSpeech=150iTwoHanded=150[EnchanterCaps];However high the Enchanting skill is, the following values set an Enchanting skill level cap when using the ingame Enchanter.;If bSkillFormulaCaps is enabled, then the following values are also capped by iEnchanting inside [skillFormulaCaps], if iEnchanting is lower.; Between 0 and 10000;;Max Enchanting skill level for enchantment magnitude.iMaxEnchantingLevelForMagnitude=125;Max Enchanting skill level for enchantment charges;A value higher than 199 will cause inconsistencies in vanilla Skyrim.iMaxEnchantingLevelForCharges=199[skillExpGainMults]; Set the Skill Experience Gained Multiplier to; betwen 0.0 and 10000.0; Using too low or too high values may crash the game. Handle them with caution.; Default game value = 1.0;(Setting bUsePCLevelNotBaseSkillLevel to 1, will use Character Level instead of Base Skill Level for the subsections)fAlchemy=0.5fAlteration=0.75fArchery=1.25fBlock=1.0fConjuration=0.5fDestruction=0.5fEnchanting=0.5fHeavyArmor=1.25fIllusion=0.5fLightArmor=1.0fLockpicking=1.0fOneHanded=1.25fPickpocket=0.5fRestoration=1.0fSmithing=0.75fSneak=0.75fSpeech=0.75fTwoHanded=1.0bUsePCLevelNotBaseSkillLevel=0; All the subsections of SkillExpGainMults below allow to set an additional multiplier depending on the base skill level, independantly for each skill.; The format is PlayerLevel = Multiplier. You can specify many different levels.; If a specific level is not specified then the closest lower level setting is used.; Default value: 1=1.0[skillExpGainMultsAlchemy]1=1.025=1.150=1.2[skillExpGainMultsAlteration]1=1.0[skillExpGainMultsArchery]1=1.075=1.1[skillExpGainMultsBlock]1=1.075=1.1[skillExpGainMultsConjuration]1=1.0[skillExpGainMultsDestruction]1=1.0[skillExpGainMultsEnchanting]1=1.0[skillExpGainMultsHeavyArmor]1=1.0100=0.9[skillExpGainMultsIllusion]1=1.0[skillExpGainMultsLightArmor]1=1.0[skillExpGainMultsLockpicking]1=1.0[skillExpGainMultsOneHanded]1=1.0[skillExpGainMultsPickpocket]1=1.0[skillExpGainMultsRestoration]1=1.0[skillExpGainMultsSmithing]1=1.075=1.1100=1.2[skillExpGainMultsSneak]1=1.0[skillExpGainMultsSpeech]1=1.0[skillExpGainMultsTwoHanded]1=1.0[PCLevelSkillExpMults]; Set the Skill Experience to Player's Character Experience Multipliers to; betwen 0.0 and 10000.0; Using too low or too high values may crash the game. Handle them with caution.; Default game value = 1.0; (Setting bUsePCLevelNotBaseSkillLevel to 1, will use Character Level instead of Base Skill Level for the subsections)fAlchemy=1.0fAlteration=0.5fArchery=1.25fBlock=1.25fConjuration=0.5fDestruction=0.5fEnchanting=0.75fHeavyArmor=1.25fIllusion=0.5fLightArmor=0.75fLockpicking=0.75fOneHanded=1.25fPickpocket=0.25fRestoration=0.75fSmithing=1.0fSneak=0.5fSpeech=1.0fTwoHanded=1.0bUsePCLevelNotBaseSkillLevel=0; All the subsections of PCLevelSkillExpMults below allow to set an additional multipliers depending on the base skill level, independantly for each skill.; The format is PlayerLevel = Multiplier. You can specify many different levels.; If a specific level is not specified then the closest lower level setting is used.; Default value: 1=1.0[PCLevelSkillExpMultsAlchemy]1=1.050=1.175=1.2[PCLevelSkillExpMultsAlteration]1=1.025=0.9[PCLevelSkillExpMultsArchery]1=1.050=1.175=1.2[PCLevelSkillExpMultsBlock]1=1.050=1.175=1.2[PCLevelSkillExpMultsConjuration]1=1.025=0.9[PCLevelSkillExpMultsDestruction]1=1.025=0.9[PCLevelSkillExpMultsEnchanting]1=1.0[PCLevelSkillExpMultsHeavyArmor]1=1.050=1.175=1.2[PCLevelSkillExpMultsIllusion]1=1.025=0.9[PCLevelSkillExpMultsLightArmor]1=1.025=1.1[PCLevelSkillExpMultsLockpicking]1=1.0[PCLevelSkillExpMultsOneHanded]1=1.050=1.175=1.2[PCLevelSkillExpMultsPickpocket]1=1.0[PCLevelSkillExpMultsRestoration]1=1.025=0.9[PCLevelSkillExpMultsSmithing]1=1.050=1.1[PCLevelSkillExpMultsSneak]1=1.0[PCLevelSkillExpMultsSpeech]1=1.0[PCLevelSkillExpMultsTwoHanded]1=1.050=1.1[PerksAtLevelUp];Set the number of perks gained at each level up. If a specific level is not specified then the closest lower level setting is used.;Default game value is one perk per level (you can also use float as value, for example 1.25 per points per level); Level (2..10000) = Perks (0..255);;In the following inactive commented example the player will gain 1 perk per level at and from level 2 to 9, then 2 perks per level at and from level 10 to 29,; then 4 perks per level at and from level 30 to 94, then no perk at all per level for level 95 and above;;2=1;10=2;30=4;95=02=1[HealthAtLevelUp];Set the number of health points gained at each level up when Health is selected during the Level Up screen. If a specific level is not specified then the closest lower level setting is used.;Default game value is 10 points per level; Level (2..10000) = Points (0..10000);;In the following inactive commented example the player will gain 10 points per level at and from level 2 to 9, then 20 points per level at and from level 10 to 29,; then 40 points per level at and from level 30 to 94, then no points at all per level for level 95 and above;;2=10;10=20;30=40;95=02=1050=15[MagickaAtLevelUp];Set the number of magicka points gained at each level up when Magicka is selected during the Level Up screen. If a specific level is not specified then the closest lower level setting is used.;Default game value is 10 points per level; Level (2..10000) = Points (0..10000);;In the following inactive commented example the player will gain 10 points per level at and from level 2 to 9, then 20 points per level at and from level 10 to 29,; then 40 points per level at and from level 30 to 94, then no points at all per level for level 95 and above;;2=10;10=20;30=40;95=02=10[staminaAtLevelUp];Set the number of stamina points gained at each level up when Stamina is selected during the Level Up screen. If a specific level is not specified then the closest lower level setting is used.;Default game value is 10 points per level; Level (2..10000) = Points (0..10000);;In the following inactive commented example the player will gain 10 points per level at and from level 2 to 9, then 20 points per level at and from level 10 to 29,; then 40 points per level at and from level 30 to 94, then no points at all per level for level 95 and above;;2=10;10=20;30=40;95=02=1050=1575=20[CarryWeightAtHealthLevelUp];Set the number of "Carry Weight" points gained at each level up when Health is selected during the Level Up screen. If a specific level is not specified then the closest lower level setting is used.;Default game value is 0 points per level; Level (2..10000) = Points (0..10000);;In the following inactive commented example the player will gain 10 points per level at and from level 2 to 9, then 20 points per level at and from level 10 to 29,; then 40 points per level at and from level 30 to 94, then no points at all per level for level 95 and above;;2=10;10=20;30=40;95=02=0[CarryWeightAtMagickaLevelUp];Set the number of "Carry Weight" points gained at each level up when Magicka is selected during the Level Up screen. If a specific level is not specified then the closest lower level setting is used.;Default game value is 0 points per level; Level (2..10000) = Points (0..10000);;In the following inactive commented example the player will gain 10 points per level at and from level 2 to 9, then 20 points per level at and from level 10 to 29,; then 40 points per level at and from level 30 to 94, then no points at all per level for level 95 and above;;2=10;10=20;30=40;95=02=0[CarryWeightAtStaminaLevelUp];Set the number of "Carry Weight" points gained at each level up when Stamina is selected during the Level Up screen. If a specific level is not specified then the closest lower level setting is used.;Default game value is 5 points per level; Level (2..10000) = Points (0..10000);;In the following inactive commented example the player will gain 10 points per level at and from level 2 to 9, then 20 points per level at and from level 10 to 29,; then 40 points per level at and from level 30 to 94, then no points at all per level for level 95 and above;;2=10;10=20;30=40;95=02=550=1075=15

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

I've looked through this thread, and after doing so, I am still left with some confusion. Allow me to elaborate some:

It's original purpose, as I understand it, was to all basically infinite leveling, allowing you to go beyond the in-built skill caps. Yes, I know, it allows a lot of other tweaks as well, but this is really the heart of the mod as far as I'm able to figure. The confusion springs from this: This mod is listed as Core. This changes the vanilla behavior inherently. Prior to the legendary version of SKyrim that allowed for essentially resetting any given skill once you max it at 100, this made sense. With the ability to make skills Legendary, not so much.

So, my basic question is why is this a Core mod when it changes the vanilla system so basically? I don't see where the system is so broken (or broken at all, for that matter) that the Mandate would allow for this, especially since there are no recommendations on how to set up the INI. This leads me to the conclusion that the settings are purely a personal choice (not a bad thing, but again, looking at this from the STEP recommendation standpoint) and thus, by that, should ALSO not be Core. Honestly, as I understand the mandates, I'm not sure this belongs in Extended, for that matter.

I'm not starting a campaign to remove it - I'm looking for the reasoning behind the inclusion. I was hoping this thread would have that information, but such was not to be. So... please?

If the Community Uncapper was the original and Legendary the mod, which would follow Core Mandate better? Is it more reasonable that as a character levels up, that his skills via perks would reset or instead continue to get better? While I don't think that the Legendary implementation is buggy. I do think it breaks immersion.

The reason it is Core is that the default implementation removed the level caps. That is basically what we wanted and everything else was up to the user. This mod is actually older than the Legendary skill thing that was part of the update right before Dragonborn I believe.

If the Community Uncapper was the original and Legendary the mod, which would follow Core Mandate better? Is it more reasonable that as a character levels up, that his skills via perks would reset or instead continue to get better? While I don't think that the Legendary implementation is buggy. I do think it breaks immersion.

I find it more reasonable with the uncapper, yes. I don't have anything against this mod, remember, I'm just a late-to-the-party guy who is trying to understand the game. I'm perfectly alright with there being an exception to a rule - pretty much every rule has at least one, and if this is it, great. My concerns were mostly driven by the fact that it seems to have been implimented with no real discussion, which is unusual for this group. I imagine it had to have taken place at some point, but with it not being here, I found myself curious.

The reason it is Core is that the default implementation removed the level caps. That is basically what we wanted and everything else was up to the user. This mod is actually older than the Legendary skill thing that was part of the update right before Dragonborn I believe.

And there is the other reason I brought this up. Was there/has there been any discussion about this and it's place in the STEP lineup since this feature was implemented? I'll be honest, I've not until this point been in a position to actually USE the Legendary skill, so apart from it resetting the skill and making the little dragon icon show up, I have no idea what this does nor why I would want to do this. I was hoping for some discussion of that as well, but again, I was left with nothing to work from.

Also, since you brought it up first, were the levelling caps deemed somehow wrong? You say it was made Core specifically for that reason, (and remember, I'm OK with rule exceptions) but would this not be a matter of personal taste since the level system was by design, and not a broken system, which Double mentioned.

Again, I'm not trying to start any wars here, I'm trying to be informed. Just about everything else in there makes almost inherant sense, but this one stuck out at me when I was re-examining my load for 2.2.9. So, instead of just being a cow and following the herd, figured I could gain a little info and make an informed decision (to follow the herd).

I think the original reason for using the skill cap remover was do to people not being able to level up for certain playthroughs (i.e. mages, warriors...) without using the other skills that their characters wouldn't typically use. The argument came from the fact that TES lore seemed to have classes and we should be able to play the game that way even though Skyrim didn't set up for classes, unless you count the standing stones which I don't. More of a TES preference over a Skyrim preference. As I've said a few times, Skyrim isn't very lore friendly to TES.

I can see that arguement easilly... I have to admit to some surprise that the system wasn't carried forward from MW and OB. So, the arguement then seems to be 'Bethesda broke thier own system by putting in a new system, so here's something that fixes that and restores it back to the original Lore'. And that right there TOTALLY fits the mandate. Thanks for the talking points, SRB.

Random question... me being USN, I have to ask... SRB is kinda a big deal for us in the Enlisted Side. Any chance you are or have served? (If not, SRB is Selective Reenlistment Bonus... our bonus for signing on for another 4 to 6 years).

• 2 weeks later...

I have some difficulty to understand the Guide for the Uncapper so I just ask what I wanted to do:

On my current save (level 6 character) I wanted to uncapp the skill levels so I could for example improve my Heavy Armour above the Vanilla 100. A value of 300 could be realistic. Doing this for all skills is the goal.

The Uncapper has two entries for Skills

[skillCaps] & [skillFormulaCaps]

To reach my goal I should set i<skill name> = 300 in both sections.

This alone is enough and I can resume playing with a current save without needing any other changes.

Could someone confirm this to me, please.

UPDATE:

I have just looked into the provided .ini and it looks like the plugin is enabled by default. They Skill Caps are set to 999 and 199, so actually I don't need to do anything and the plugin is part of STEPsetup? 

Edited by BUBISHI