Skyrim -Community- Uncapper (by Elys)

skwareballz

You skill cap in game will be 199, but nothing over 199, skill level + enchantments, will work. Basically, you will continue to level past 199, but it will not increase the skill's strength.

What type of character are you creating?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's my first character on PC (have some PS3 experiance) and I play with Requiem. Nothing special for my first playthrough, just a simple axe wielding, heavy armored Nord with a bow as a secondary weapon. Wanted to do some smithing and try not to touch any magic, enchanting or alchemy.

I noticed that running in heavy armor counts as gaining experiance and so it raises a bit faster than my other skills. With the change in the Uncapper I just wanted to get sure that it is not maxed out to fast. Maybe it will never happen but it fells like a dead end with the cap.

Also with Requiem Hard Times I have to sell every piece of loot to gather enough money for a horse. This makes Speachcraft a primary skill which it should not be. Maybe I should reduce experiance gain for Speachcraft by 50%? This is also possible with the Uncapper...

[skillExpGainMults] adjusts the speed of the leveling for each skill. So, say five ax swings levels one handed, and if you increase the multiplier to 1.2 then it will only take 4 ax swings, lower it to .8 and it takes 6 ax swings.

[PCLevelSkillExpMults] adjusts the amount that every skill contributes to Player Character level. This affects the little blue bar that pops up when you level a skill. Each skill level up moves the little blue bar the same amount, but lowering the number will make it move less. This can effectively make certain skill worthless toward player character level no matter how high the skill level gets. Say you don't want speechcraft to affect your character to much, but you still want to sell a bunch of crap. Lower the [PCLevelSkillExpMults] setting for speechcraft to something like .25 and every 4 levels of speechcraft only move that little blue bar the same as one skill level up with vanilla.

[skillExpGainMults] adjusts the speed of the leveling for each skill. So, say five ax swings levels one handed, and if you increase the multiplier to 1.2 then it will only take 4 ax swings, lower it to .8 and it takes 6 ax swings.

[PCLevelSkillExpMults] adjusts the amount that every skill contributes to Player Character level. This affects the little blue bar that pops up when you level a skill. Each skill level up moves the little blue bar the same amount, but lowering the number will make it move less. This can effectively make certain skill worthless toward player character level no matter how high the skill level gets. Say you don't want speechcraft to affect your character to much, but you still want to sell a bunch of crap. Lower the [PCLevelSkillExpMults] setting for speechcraft to something like .25 and every 4 levels of speechcraft only move that little blue bar the same as one skill level up with vanilla.

This is what I was looking for! Great you found the patience to illustrate it to me. I think I'll tweak bot a bit: [skillExpGainMults] to .8 and  [PCLevelSkillExpMults] .5 or even .25

Changing it for an current save wont break anything, right?

I think this mod could have its own mini-Guide on the wiki. I've never messed with it myself besides installing it and leaving it; however, it sounds like it would be extremely helpful towards creating a specific type of character.

For instance, I'm working on my second play-through after all these years. I'm a wood elf who's main aim is a Ranger; therefore, I'm focusing on the bow as my main weapon, a simple sword as my secondary weapon and I'll be focusing on Conjuration as my main magic with Illusion being secondary. Nothing else. I'm only at level 8 and can already one-shot most bandits. ::):

There is an Uncapper Guide but it was kind of complicated to me. Needed explanation.

I would recommend adding a few more examples of custom character builds with different focuses. And maybe a "I want to do X and Y, how can I do it?" section.

This little mod has much roleplay-power to me and its potential goes mostly unnoticed I think.

I think this mod could have its own mini-Guide on the wiki. I've never messed with it myself besides installing it and leaving it; however, it sounds like it would be extremely helpful towards creating a specific type of character.For instance, I'm working on my second play-through after all these years. I'm a wood elf who's main aim is a Ranger; therefore, I'm focusing on the bow as my main weapon, a simple sword as my secondary weapon and I'll be focusing on Conjuration as my main magic with Illusion being secondary. Nothing else. I'm only at level 8 and can already one-shot most bandits. ::):

I have a ranger build with archery, sneak and light armor as main skills, and one hand and illusion as secondary. All crafting is nerfed to .25 or lower so I can spam it all I want and not worry about leveling up. Also, all skills like two hand and heavy weapon are nerfed to .5 so they don't help me level a lot if I pick up a skill book from those skills.

I have a ranger build with archery, sneak and light armor as main skills, and one hand and illusion as secondary. All crafting is nerfed to .25 or lower so I can spam it all I want and not worry about leveling up. Also, all skills like two hand and heavy weapon are nerfed to .5 so they don't help me level a lot if I pick up a skill book from those skills.

This is what I've talking about! Skyrim isn't classed based, but you can also make it with tweaks from this mod! I never knew this stuff. I'm having to start over anyway due to issues I posted in the 2.2.9 admin thread.

• 1 month later...

Very nice that a guide was made for this mod, but to be honest I just got more confused after reading it than I was after reading the original ini file. It can be a "just me" issue, but if anyone have interest maybe could be an idea to take a look at it. Short and simple tend to work well :whistling:

Edited by xxx78

This explanation from lostpro at Nexus forums explained most if it very short and simple:

[skillExpGainMults] is pretty simple, it multiplies how much experience you'll get when using that skill, and it only affects that skill, not the Player experience.[skillExpGainMults<Skill>] is a more detailed part, where you can set like this on the ini: 1=1.0 20=1.1 50=1.2 ( Enter after each line), your skill will level up as vanilla till lvl 20, then it'll level up 10% faster, and beyond 50=20% faster.But to use this settings you gotta activate first bUseSkillExpGainMults and then activate bUsePCLevelNotBaseSkillLevel, inside that section.[PCLevelSkillExpMults] and [PCLevelSkillExpMults<Skill>] works just like the both above, but they affect how much your skills level up increase the Player Level experience bar.To turn off a skill, like Smithing, put it to 0.I have mine Enchanting/Alchemy/Smithing at half ( 0.5) for both skill experience and player level experience.And about the Health/Stamina/Magicka, you need to activate the ones you want at the top of the ini file, then scroll down till the parts you activated, and change their values. A example: I changed that at the level up screen, when I choose Stamina, instead of the vanilla Weight ( 5), it gives me 10.

• 2 weeks later...

Have a new S.T.E.P. Core (Baseline) & S.T.E.P Core (Extended) installed. (Re-installation from Pristine install). 

It seems that the - Skyrim Community Uncapper Mod in section 2m of the s.t.e.p guide - is causing my system to hang on launch.

All other mods work as expected, and the game launches with SCU disabled in my load order.

I'm not sure what it is I might be doing wrong in it's installation,  I did a wait chain analysis of the process in task manager and it consistently shows the tesv.exe process with a hang that reads:

TESV.exe(PID:yyyy) Thread: xxxx (y varies and always matches, x varies),

-> TESV.exe(PID: yyyy)Thread: xxxx (directly below, as if in file path). 

I can't really tell you much else because I don't know what it is that I'm missing in it's installation. But I've re-installed it four times now and am still getting the same result.

I guess this is both a heads up and plea for help. Would like to get this issue resolved. :)