Skyrim -Community- Uncapper (by Elys)

skwareballz

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, definitely installed correctly and the latest version. I'm sure that if it wasn't then none of the other skse reliant scripts would work correctly either. 

I also just finished re-installing the Elys Alt F4 and SCU things seem to be working properly again so... yeah, guess it was just one of those weird things.  Thanks for your interest TechAngel.

Alright, so since I was recently testing Perkus Maximus (Beta) I had a custom ini file for this mod. Despite it being loaded later than the original ini I had to hide the one that came with this mod to get it to properly use the new one. I really dont know why but I've seen a few topics about this and wanted to give an update with the latest MO. Alternatively of course you could replace the default ini with any new one.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I don't know if anyone has still any problem but recently have moved from NMM to MO and I do have a problem where to be the Uncapper with MO. Usually it was with the SKSE in the folder Skyrim\Data but MO doesnt work the same so it makes a virtual path and goes Skyrim\Mod Organizer\mods\SKSE overwrite\SKSE \Plugins is this the correct path to move the Uncapper dll & ini?

You'll need to manually drag and drop the files from overwrite to the Uncapper folder. You can double click the Overwrite to open it up then scrolling still works with the left pane so you can drag the items from the Overwrite pop up to the Uncapper folder.

You'll need to manually drag and drop the files from overwrite to the Uncapper folder. You can double click the Overwrite to open it up then scrolling still works with the left pane so you can drag the items from the Overwrite pop up to the Uncapper folder.

wow never though about moving the files from Skse overwrite to Uncapper. Following the videos just made new mod Skse overwrite. (Inside the overwrite is just Skse & meta.ini \ plugins\Fuz Ro D'oh.ini) I will try it and thanks a lot for your help.

Final edit worked !!

Just to inform that it worked !!!! Thanks for all your help :) adding below the path for anyone else having problem to determine where to move the 2 files using Mod Organizer.

C: ( main window drive drive if not selected another disk) Game Drive E: (for those who are using another hard disk for the games)

E: Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Mod organizer\mods\Skyrim - Community - Uncapper\Skse\plugins -->Uncapper.dll - Uncapper.ini

Thanks very much for your help :)

Edited by LidiaSun

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if anyone can help but I was wondering if the parameter of  [skillExpGainMults] for example fRestoration=1.0 which is the default  for the game can be more parametrized not just to change it fRestoration=2.0 e.x but adding also how will change through the level of skill itself.

--> fRestoration1=1.0, 25=1.5, 40=2.0 etc

so the whole parameter will change more for the level of skill and not the player level.

There's two way's to do it. There is a line at the bottom of the section that changes how the skill is affected by either the skill's level or the player's level.

bUsePCLevelNotBaseSkillLevel=0

Skill's level is zero and player's level is 1.

You don't add levels to that particular section though. You do that in the next section(s) [skillExpGainMults\<Skill>]. It should look like:

[SkillExpGainMults\Restoration]
1  = 1.0
10 = 1.1
25 = 0.9

There's two way's to do it. There is a line at the bottom of the section that changes how the skill is affected by either the skill's level or the player's level.

Skill's level is zero and player's level is 1.

You don't add levels to that particular section though. You do that in the next section(s) [skillExpGainMults\<Skill>]. It should look like:

1  = 1.0
10 = 1.1
25 = 0.9

First thanks for your quick answer. Yes you add level's to the section "skillexpgainmults\skill" which is according to the character level. So I was wondering and thinking that when your character is lvl 2 for e.x. he uses and practice a lot in Restoration. So wouldn't be more logic that as more he practice a skill and levels it, he earns more exp in this particular skill? It is more academic conversation and my though is how you practice in a skill but you gain more xp on the particular skill and less xp for the character level. So in the first time when you use a skill in which you are lvl 0 "or if I am not mistaken lvl 15 when you start a new game" your first attempts for locks or healing are very weak but through practice becoming stronger so you could earn more exp in the particular skill compare to your exp on your character level. So if you could add levels in both sections you could parametrize much more how the skill will level and how the character level up.

Just thoughts I don't know if can be done.

• 8 months later...

Here is mine :

[General]

iINIFileVersion = 3

bEnabled=1

bAutoUpdate=0

bUseSkillCaps=1

bUseSkillFormulaCaps=1

bUseEnchanterCaps=1

bUseSkillExpGainMults=1

bUsePCLevelSkillExpMults=1

bUsePerksAtLevelUp=0

bUseHealthAtLevelUp=0

bUseMagickaAtLevelUp=0

bUseStaminaAtLevelUp=0

bUseCarryWeightAtHealthLevelUp=0

bUseCarryWeightAtMagickaLevelUp=0

bUseCarryWeightAtStaminaLevelUp=1

[SkillCaps]

iAlchemy=999
iAlteration=999
iArchery=999
iBlock=999
iConjuration=999
iDestruction=999
iEnchanting=999
iHeavyArmor=999
iIllusion=999
iLightArmor=999
iLockpicking=999
iOneHanded=999
iPickpocket=999
iRestoration=999
iSmithing=999
iSneak=999
iSpeech=999
iTwoHanded=999

[SkillFormulaCaps]

iAlchemy=100
iAlteration=100
iArchery=100
iBlock=100
iConjuration=100
iDestruction=100
iEnchanting=100
iHeavyArmor=100
iIllusion=100
iLightArmor=100
iLockpicking=100
iOneHanded=100
iPickpocket=100
iRestoration=100
iSmithing=100
iSneak=100
iSpeech=100
iTwoHanded=100

[EnchanterCaps]

iMaxEnchantingLevelForMagnitude=100

iMaxEnchantingLevelForCharges=199

[SkillExpGainMults]

fAlchemy=1.0
fAlteration=1.0
fArchery=1.0
fBlock=1.3
fConjuration=1.0
fDestruction=1.0
fEnchanting=0.7
fHeavyArmor=1.1
fIllusion=1.0
fLightArmor=1.1
fLockpicking=0.9
fOneHanded=1.0
fPickpocket=1.0
fRestoration=1.0
fSmithing=1.0
fSneak=1.0
fSpeech=1.0
fTwoHanded=1.0

[SkillExpGainMults\Alchemy]
1=1.0

[SkillExpGainMults\Alteration]
1=1.0

[SkillExpGainMults\Archery]
1=1.0

[SkillExpGainMults\Block]
1=1.0

[SkillExpGainMults\Conjuration]
1=1.0

[SkillExpGainMults\Destruction]
1=1.0

[SkillExpGainMults\Enchanting]
1=1.0
50=1.1
80=1.2
100=1.0

[SkillExpGainMults\HeavyArmor]
1=1.0

[SkillExpGainMults\Illusion]
1=1.0

[SkillExpGainMults\LightArmor]
1=1.0

[SkillExpGainMults\Lockpicking]
1=1.0

[SkillExpGainMults\OneHanded]
1=1.0

[SkillExpGainMults\Pickpocket]
1=1.0
20=0.9
40=0.8
60=0.7
80=0.6
100=0.5

1=1.0

[SkillExpGainMults\Smithing]
1=1.0

[SkillExpGainMults\Sneak]
1=1.0
20=0.9
40=0.8
60=0.7
80=0.6
100=0.5

[SkillExpGainMults\Speech]
1=1.0

[SkillExpGainMults\TwoHanded]
1=1.0

[PCLevelSkillExpMults]

fAlchemy=0.5
fAlteration=1.0
fArchery=1.2
fBlock=1.0
fConjuration=1.0
fDestruction=1.0
fEnchanting=0.5
fHeavyArmor=1.0
fIllusion=1.0
fLightArmor=1.0
fLockpicking=1.0
fOneHanded=1.2
fPickpocket=1.0
fRestoration=1.0
fSmithing=0.5
fSneak=1.0
fSpeech=1.0
fTwoHanded=1.2

bUsePCLevelNotBaseSkillLevel=1

[PCLevelSkillExpMults\Alchemy]
1=1.0
20=2.0

[PCLevelSkillExpMults\Alteration]
1=1.0

[PCLevelSkillExpMults\Archery]
1=1.0

[PCLevelSkillExpMults\Block]
1=1.0

[PCLevelSkillExpMults\Conjuration]
1=1.0

[PCLevelSkillExpMults\Destruction]
1=1.0

[PCLevelSkillExpMults\Enchanting]
1=1.0
20=2.0

[PCLevelSkillExpMults\HeavyArmor]
1=1.0

[PCLevelSkillExpMults\Illusion]
1=1.0

[PCLevelSkillExpMults\LightArmor]
1=1.0

[PCLevelSkillExpMults\Lockpicking]
1=1.0

[PCLevelSkillExpMults\OneHanded]
1=1.0

[PCLevelSkillExpMults\Pickpocket]
1=1.0

[PCLevelSkillExpMults\Restoration]
1=1.0

[PCLevelSkillExpMults\Smithing]
1=1.0
20=2.0

[PCLevelSkillExpMults\Sneak]
1=1.0

[PCLevelSkillExpMults\Speech]
1=1.0

[PCLevelSkillExpMults\TwoHanded]
1=1.0

[PerksAtLevelUp]
2=1

[HealthAtLevelUp]
2=10

[MagickaAtLevelUp]
2=10

[StaminaAtLevelUp]
2=10

[CarryWeightAtHealthLevelUp]
2=0

[CarryWeightAtMagickaLevelUp]
2=0

[CarryWeightAtStaminaLevelUp]
2=0

- Adjust lvling ratio/exp to values that make a bit more sense (details below).

- Remove the carry weight bonus on stamina lvl up (you might want to put this back on), with no additional changes to the numb of perk/magicka/health/stamina gained at lvl up (because I use Dragon Soul Relinquishment).

- Increase skillcaps to 999, though the values used to calculate your skills effectiveness are still 100 (it's just that you can go beyond to go above lvl80 and thus avoid using "legendary skills" bs, instead you keep gaining perks and health/magicka/stamina).

Only modified "skill power calculation" is the charge-related enchanting one. The calculated value is based on a max of 200 instead of 100 for the number of charges. It means that enchantment power is still like vanilla, but with higher enchantment skill you can enchant stuff with much more charges (twice as much as vanilla with enchanting at 200 and above).

Adjusted lvling values :

Seriously reduced enchantment lvling speed (70% of vanilla), because it grow wayyy too fast when you disenchant items (can go above 50 just by disenchanting in vanilla).

However it start to grow at a rate closer to vanilla again when you're above 50 ench, almost vanilla between 80 and 100 (because above those, you usually start lvling your enchanting skill by actually enchanting stuffs rather than disenchanting). It's back to 70% of vanilla above 100, since end-game you just have so much grand souls and daedric stuffs to enchant that it's sooo easy to cheat lvling with ench (again ^^), and to balance the improved number of charges.

Reduce lockpicking lvling speed (increase a bit too fast, minigame is too easy). 90% of vanilla, but I also use SSR

Increase armors and block lvling speed, because they're too slow compared too their weapons counterpart since half of the time you kill without getting hit (I use tkdodge though...)

Pickpocket -> Start at vanilla, lvling speed is diminished every 20 skill in pickpocket. Because the better you get at pickpocketing, the easier it get, and a 60+ pickpocketer in vanilla can just loot pockets of everyone in a city without being noticed, leading him to gain an insane amount of xp in this skill.

Sneak -> Same logic as pickpocketing, with a decent sneak lvl, just hiding in the shadow looking at your ennemies make you lvl up because thye never notice you... not even talking about wiping out a whole bandit camp while they have no idea what happened to them.

Weapons-skills (one hand, two hand, and archery) make you lvl a bit faster than in vanilla. This is just a personal choice for my current playthrough, as I feel my warrior is "predisposed" to weapons-mastery, and thus should benefit more from increasing his "predisposed talent" than random skills. Though I should probably review that part and only rely on Disparity instead.

Crafting (the 3 craft skills) won't lvl you up as much as in vanilla, it's halved (i.e. you won't go lvl 40 just by forging & enchanting your gear). This is restored to vanilla once the player reach lvl 20. This is to prevent this :

https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/images/110/1914377-1324486056.jpg

Edited by Kesta

I was going to do some different playstyle INIs for people, but never got around to it. The guide is pretty self explanatory if you read like 6 times. 

The guide is excellent actually, nice job. (I only had to read it once, but you know how some are. :unsure:  :O_o:  :confused: )

Thanks @Kesta.