Jeclredured - Spell Tomes

Redferne

A few days ago on my daily routine to see what's new in the Nexus, while following some links I found this:
https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/34494
Here is the description: This mod is a retexture for the vanilla Spell Tomes that gives them their "color coded" respective book cover.
Also the retextures has hi-res textures & normal maps.
I've been using it for a few days and I have nothing to report other than it's one of those little nice addition to game that make modding so great.
It doesn't conflict with anything in STEP beside "Bethesda Hi-Res DLC Optimized".

Most of the books are found in interiors/dungeons where light sources are (depending on the lighting mod) scarce and not very bright. Are the colors distinguishable under these circumstances or at least torchlight/magelight?

Yes they are actually. To be honest that how I noticed the mod worked the first time :D

The pack is all in 1024x1024 for dds and normal so I guess the impact is minimal.

There are already several pack in STEP that add minimal changes to the game that you just guet used to but you immediatly notice when you forgot to re-add them :)

• 1 month later...

I'm with Z on this one. I can't really say which one looks better... They are different that's all I can say. I'm not convinced... What size are HR-DLC textures? If they are also 1024, then I'm not really bothered about either choice.