STEP v2.2.5 Official Bug Reports

z929669

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that very many of us can edit the notes column on the STEP guide, so at the moment this is a task for you and a few others :D.

Since you want to include notes on the conflicts covered in the Skyrim Revisited guide do you also want to add comments,  referring to the SR guide, about omissions of patch records from the DLC and unofficial patches?

I think that we can point to SR methods as optional 'tasks' where it makes sense, keeping in mind that we don't want to over complicate for lighter users. The guide needs to make modding as simple as possible for those just picking it up.

(and, yes, notes --via the form--can only be edited by sysops, but savvy moderators are welcome poke around the gate).

• 2 weeks later...

I have some notes about the current release 2.2.5. First the INI tweaks are not optimal and can cause some problems for users, especially the line

iLargeIntRefCount

in my my opinion can cause the famous "infinite load screen skyrim" or very slow loading screen. That was my case.

Also INI tweaks from “Enhanced Blood Texturesâ€, are no more needed since this mod has now proper INI config file which add these tweaks.

Also "the book opening animation" tweaks, some people may like, others not.

I have also compared the mod "HD Linens" with vanilla, and ended using vanilla, since they look older and more natural.

Thanks to STEP team for all this awesome project.

I have some notes about the current release 2.2.5. First the INI tweaks are not optimal and can cause some problems for users, especially the line

iLargeIntRefCount

in my my opinion can cause the famous "infinite load screen skyrim" or very slow loading screen. That was my case.

Also INI tweaks from “Enhanced Blood Textures”, are no more needed since this mod has now proper INI config file which add these tweaks.

I have also compared the mod "HD Linens" with vanilla, and ended using vanilla, since they look older and more natural.

Thanks for the input! We'll take a look.

iLargeIntRefCount

Also INI tweaks from “Enhanced Blood Textures”, are no more needed since this mod has now proper INI config file which add these tweaks.

Thanks for the input! We'll take a look.

I must agree in regards to "cosmetic" ini tweaks, like the camera tweak or book opening speed tweak. These aren't really optimisation tweaks, more a matter of preference. I don't use neither the camera nor book animation speed tweaks - I just don't like them.

Maybe the ini tweaks section should be divided into "Performance optimisation" and "Cosmetic changes" sections or something like that?

And yeah, I noticed my loading times are quite long sometimes. Could be related to iLargeIntRefCount tweak.

Pretty sure that the INI tweaks provided by STEP cause the very slow and even the infinite Skyrim load screen (yes it happened to me this week). I reverted to vanilla INI files (since I had a backup) and just added manually the essential tweaks, and not only the infinite skyrim load screen disappeared but I gained some 200% speed in time of loading savegames from Skyrim.

Pretty sure that the INI tweaks provided by STEP cause the very slow and even the infinite Skyrim load screen (yes it happened to me this week). I reverted to vanilla INI files (since I had a backup) and just added manually the essential tweaks' date=' and not only the infinite skyrim load screen disappeared but I gained some 200% speed in time of loading savegames from Skyrim.[/quote']

Only the iLargeRef and the Z-Fighting tweaks cause this - all the other tweaks suggested by STEP are fine to use.

Yes I mean only some tweaks can cause this, I mentioned iLargeRef in my first post since I already found it suggested in the web for problems related to CTD and slow/infinite load screens. I only hope STEP team can take a look at this point in future releases.

The iLargeRef was originally set to 100 or something really low when Skyrim launched or after Dawnguard, I forget, and it caused a lot of CTDs with house mods mostly. I'd say that we don't have to raise it all the way to the maximum the engine allows, and instead just raise it to a number that will not crash the game, say ~10K.

The iLargeRef was originally set to 100 or something really low when Skyrim launched or after Dawnguard' date=' I forget, and it caused a lot of CTDs with house mods mostly. I'd say that we don't have to raise it all the way to the maximum the engine allows, and instead just raise it to a number that will not crash the game, say ~10K.[/quote']

Have you tested and verified that 10000 doesn't cause any CTD on loading interiors?