Weapon and Armor Fixes (by kryptopyr)

WilliamImm

It's part of the main package now, on the second page of the installer.

The STEP installation instructions are confusing and wrong now.  I see part of the mod instructions were updated yesterday, but they still don't make sense.  It still says this: "After the main file is installed, install the optional ''Improved Closefaced Helmets _ WAF compatible version'' file. Choose merge, activate the plugin, and run LOOT to sort and add the rule below."

Edited by oqhansoloqo

I just reviewed CCO and WAF and I think TechAngel is right about questioning things - I don't think installing the WAF True Weapons and Armor option (Weapons&Armor_TrueWeaponsLvlLists.esp) is the way to go.  Here's why - CCO has it's own optional file (Complete Crafting_TrueWeaponsLvlLists.esp) that covers converting weapons and armor to the "True Weapons and Armor" scheme, but with some of the CCO replacements for certain weapons.  That optional file is meant to replace the Weapons&Armor_TrueWeaponsLvlLists.esp file.  Besides that fact, I compared Weapons&Armor_TrueWeaponsLvlLists.esp to Weapons&Armor_TrueOrcish&DaedricWeapons.esp and, I dunno, maybe I didn't examine things closely enough, but I couldn't figure out how Weapons&Armor_TrueWeaponsLvlLists.esp actually changed anything from what Weapons&Armor_TrueOrcish&DaedricWeapons.esp already had in it.  So even without CCO, I don't see what the Weapons&Armor_TrueWeaponsLvlLists.esp even does...  What did I miss?

Edited by oqhansoloqo

I just reviewed CCO and WAF and I think TechAngel is right about questioning things - I don't think installing the WAF True Weapons and Armor option (Weapons&Armor_TrueWeaponsLvlLists.esp) is the way to go.  Here's why - CCO has it's own optional file (Complete Crafting_TrueWeaponsLvlLists.esp) that covers converting weapons and armor to the "True Weapons and Armor" scheme, but with some of the CCO replacements for certain weapons.  That optional file is meant to replace the Weapons&Armor_TrueWeaponsLvlLists.esp file.  Besides that fact, I compared Weapons&Armor_TrueWeaponsLvlLists.esp to Weapons&Armor_TrueOrcish&DaedricWeapons.esp and, I dunno, maybe I didn't examine things closely enough, but I couldn't figure out how Weapons&Armor_TrueWeaponsLvlLists.esp actually changed anything from what Weapons&Armor_TrueOrcish&DaedricWeapons.esp already had in it.  So even without CCO, I don't see what the Weapons&Armor_TrueWeaponsLvlLists.esp even does...  What did I miss?

CCOR is for Extended only so we need that file from WAF for Core. The Leveled List version of the plugin is so you can load it right before the bashed patch and have it merged without anything overwriting it's changes. The only exception is AMB content addon. CCOR version should probably replace it if you have CCOR installed, but I haven't exactly been looking at Extended lately. I need to do it soon though, since the STEP Patches need my attention. 

Yes, you guys are right.  I missed the part in the description on the Nexus page about the file being used for the bashed patch.  That makes sense - I guess different rules are applied only to the Leveled List items which is why they are repeated in the separate plugin.

I do use STEP Extended.  Sometimes I forget to note the difference between that and Core - I should have.  So you are saying that with STEP Extended both of the Level List esps can be loaded together, but that you must load the CCO one last and then everything will be as intended after bashed patching?

Edited by oqhansoloqo

Yes, you guys are right.  I missed the part in the description on the Nexus page about the file being used for the bashed patch.  That makes sense - I guess different rules are applied only to the Leveled List items which is why they are repeated in the separate plugin.

I do use STEP Extended.  Sometimes I forget to note the difference between that and Core - I should have.  So you are saying that with STEP Extended both of the Level List esps can be loaded together, but that you must load the CCO one last and then everything will be as intended after bashed patching?

That's what it sounds like which means the mod instructions need to be updated because I only have one of those in my load order. Not two.

Not 100% related to this mod, but Closefaced Helmets got pretty huge update, so I can't wait for krypto to have time to update it for WAF!

Version 1.5

Steelplate: Fixed a vanilla vertex weight bug - Redesigned helmet for argonians - refined model for khajits
Dwarven: Refined mesh for argonians - Removed vertex colors. helmet colors are now in the same tone as the armor
Ebony: New mesh for argonians and khajits - Refined mesh for male humans/elves.
Daedric: clipping fixes for female humans
Guards/stormcloaks: New mesh for argonians
nightingales: Refined mesh for male humans, elves, orcs (you can see their eyes more easily) - clipping fix for female humans and elves
Dragon priest masks: New mesh for argonians and khajits - Fixed vanilla vertex weight bug (hood moves more realistic now) - New mesh for argonian and khajit females
Dawnguard: New mesh for argonians and khajits - adjusted eye sockets for male humans.
Dragonborn Priest masks/Mirrak: New mesh for beast females

Edited by Octopuss

Not 100% related to this mod, but Closefaced Helmets got pretty huge update, so I can't wait for krypto to have time to update it for WAF!

Version 1.5

Steelplate: Fixed a vanilla vertex weight bug - Redesigned helmet for argonians - refined model for khajits

Dwarven: Refined mesh for argonians - Removed vertex colors. helmet colors are now in the same tone as the armor

Ebony: New mesh for argonians and khajits - Refined mesh for male humans/elves.

Daedric: clipping fixes for female humans

Guards/stormcloaks: New mesh for argonians

nightingales: Refined mesh for male humans, elves, orcs (you can see their eyes more easily) - clipping fix for female humans and elves

Dragon priest masks: New mesh for argonians and khajits - Fixed vanilla vertex weight bug (hood moves more realistic now) - New mesh for argonian and khajit females

Dawnguard: New mesh for argonians and khajits - adjusted eye sockets for male humans.

Dragonborn Priest masks/Mirrak: New mesh for beast females

Someon in the comments section posted a replacer .esp he made for use with WAF and CCF.

• 2 weeks later...

Why does STEP not recommend the Dragon Priest Masks optinal fixes and Faster Arrows and Bolts optional?

Faster Arrows *does* quite change the feel of using a bow in Skyrim (to be more realistic, though a bit harder), so I can understand that. But the DP masks?

PS. I'm new to STEP. ;)