Weapon and Armor Fixes (by kryptopyr)

WilliamImm

W&AF require a patch to work with SkyRe. The mods are not compatible, mainly due to keyword discrepancies. There is no patch available at the moment. The multi-mod compatibility patch available on W&AF page is for other mods, not for SkyRe.

The latest version of Qotsfan's SkyRe patches offers some fixes introduced by W&AF for people that don't use that mod.

For the time being, I've removed the Multi-mod patch. All of the mods that were included in the patch are still available as separate files. Part of the reason I removed the Mulit-mod patch is that I've now included individual replacement files for Improved Closefaced Helmets (and several of it's optional files). This allows for a lot more flexibility in user preferences without greatly increasing the number of patches. It also makes it easier to keep the patches updated.

• 2 months later...

What the wiki page says:

If using Guard Dialogue Overhaul, get the corresponding patch for it. Despite this mod being installed before Guard Dialog Overhaul, the patch is needed so that Guard Dialog Overhaul does not overwrite the changes from this mod.

But this is wrong!

The Weapon and Armor fixes mod is below the Guard Dialogue Overhaul in the 2.D section

Or am I not getting something?

I believe they mean load order. The patch will add back in some things from W&A Fixes that are altered by GDO which is loaded later by BOSS.

:)

Then this should be reported to BOSS team, isn't it? So that GDO should be loaded before W&A and no need for an unnecessary ESP.

I believe they mean load order. The patch will add back in some things from W&A Fixes that are altered by GDO which is loaded later by BOSS.

:)

Then this should be reported to BOSS team, isn't it? So that GDO should be loaded before W&A and no need for an unnecessary ESP.

Depends which ESP we're talking about. GDO esp will always be required, as it refers to some edits that GDO introduces IIRC, and W&AF combines it's changes with GDO's. W&AF also replaces couple of GDO esp's with its own ones. You won't get a free esp slot here by messing with load order unfortunately, and there is nothing to report to BOSS team.

The patch is only necessary if GDO is loaded after WAF, in which case the patch is necessary to forward changes from WAF that would otherwise get overwritten by GDO. However, I've included the keyword changes needed by GDO in WAF, so if you load GDO before WAF you don't need to use the patch to merge the mods. I'm not sure what other conflicts you might run into between GDO and other mods if you load GDO that early in your load order, which is why I made the patch available.

The patch is only necessary if GDO is loaded after WAF' date=' in which case the patch is necessary to forward changes from WAF that would otherwise get overwritten by GDO. However, I've included the keyword changes needed by GDO in WAF, so if you load GDO before WAF you don't need to use the patch to merge the mods. I'm not sure what other conflicts you might run into between GDO and other mods if you load GDO that early in your load order, which is why I made the patch available.[/quote']

WilliamImm disagrees: https://forum.step-project.com/showthread.php?tid=3454&pid=53356#pid53356

It's not your issue though. It's the way they've set up BOSS.

Actually, I have no disagreement with what WilliamImm states. WAF should definitely be placed at the top of the list. I'm not suggesting that WAF be moved lower in the load order. Instead, the second option would be for GDO to be moved very early (between USKP and WAF). I honestly don't know if it's feasible to load GDO before WAF in a heavily modded game, since I don't know what other mods might then create conflicts with GDO. Doing this would simply resolve the conflict between GDO & WAF, but it may create problems with other mods. BOSS has to consider the best overall load order, which is probably exactly what they've done in choosing to load GDO lower in the list and use the patch for WAF.