SUM - SkyProc Unified Manager (by Leviathan1753)

darthbdaman

SUM - SkyProc Unified Manager Considering that Dual Sheath Redux has a SkyProc Patcher, this mod seems like an awesome addition. This makes it really easy to modify your all of your SkyProc Patchers at once, and it allows you to merge your SkyProc Patches together. This will be really useful if more mods with SkyProc Patches, which would all have to be run manually without this mod.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

Hello S.T.E.P community =D, I have never played skyrim before so I just picked it up and read all about Skyrim Revisited and installed it :). I just got done, and of course it will not open... but my problem right now is with SUM. I read the whole guide for revisited and followed it as closely as possible. I do not remember ever downloading and skyproc patches(I admit I have no clue what these are). Anyway when I open SUM per the guide there are no patches listed. It does something with boss but I do not know what, then when I try to launch skyrim as soon as the window gets borderless it crashes, I have not dug into boss too much yet for that problem, maybe my problem is I am missing some patches!! Dunno... Any clue what I am doing wrong?

Thank you!!

Skyrrim Revisited guide uses the following SkyProc Patchers: Dual Sheath Redux and Automatic Variants. Without SUM you have to run each patcher separately. SUM is in fact also a SkyProc Patcher, but it's designed to combine other patchers into one file, rather than 2 separate ones.

However, if it's your first Skyrim playthrough I would strongly encourage you to play vanilla (unmodded) game first! Not only it's definitely worth it, as unmodded Skyrim is great game on its own, but it will also allow you to appreciate modded game more when you finish it unmodded first.

You don't have to do every single quest, but go through the main questline at least. I'm sure many members of our community will tell you the same.

Thank you for your advice, I will play through vanilla first :) I get now why they don't show then because I never installed those 2 since I thought that's what the instructions said. So I should just use an enb and textures? Like just the Bethesda textures? I appreciate your advice

I would use High Resolution Texture Pack from Bethesda and the Unofficial Patches for the relevant DLCs you have:

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/19/?

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/23491/?

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/25127/?

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/31083/?

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/31255/?

This will get rid of annoying bugs and still let you fully experience the pure look and feel of the vanilla game.

After that I would encourage you to start with pure STEP installation (https://wiki.step-project.com/Main_Page) to get the grip of what's modding about.

Skyrim Revisited is an excellent guide, but it's rather for more experienced modders, as it involves modifying actual mod plugins, some custom installation instructions and dealing with things like Sky Proc Patchers, ENB etc. If you feel comfortable you can jump straight onto it, but just browse our forums support section to see how many issues can crop up with pure STEP, which is very straightforward process.

It's only my recommendation, so feel free to do as you please of course, but I think it's better to actually PLAY the game first, then dip into modding and PLAY the game more, and then you can start doing more advanced stuff so you can spend 90% of your time modding and only 10% actually playing, like the most of us do now :D

I just wanted to let you know I did get the revisited working, I just worked so hard on it I NEEDED to get it working lol. Anyway I couldn't get out of the cell because I couldn't find the key but everything seemed to work =D Would you still recommend I do a STEP install before playing revisited? This is of course after I play Vanilla =D. Thank you!!

I just wanted to let you know I did get the revisited working' date=' I just worked so hard on it I NEEDED to get it working lol. Anyway I couldn't get out of the cell because I couldn't find the key but everything seemed to work =D Would you still recommend I do a STEP install before playing revisited? This is of course after I play Vanilla =D. Thank you!![/quote']

Do you mean the cell at the start where you build your character? If so then there is no key, you need to talk to the statue and then choose from the options how you want to start. Crossing the border illegally option gets you to the vanilla start. Definitely a good idea to start there if you have not played the game before as you will get a better idea of what is going on.

:)

Here's the deal: I get SUM up and everything looks fine: AV and DSR listed in the middle and I see the arrows beside them.  I scroll over to the arrows and the word "settings" extends from them.  Almost finished!  Everything's working.

click.

nothing.

click click click click.

nothing.

What's going on here?

Oh great. And now I can't even bring up the SUM gui.

OK, now I've got it up again, and when I close it, it says "Failed to properly run Automatic Variants. Continue patching?" and if I select, yes, it says "Failed to properly run Dual Sheath Redux. Continue patching?"

Does anybody have this working? What did you do? What version did you use? How many virgins did you have to sacrifice?