Dual Wield Parrying (by Borgut1337)

rpsgc

• 2 weeks later...

I would request that some effort be made to explain which of the six versions of the mod are recommended - the descriptions are only marginally helpful and do not have much of an explanation as to why, or under what circumstance, you would choose one version over the other.

• 4 months later...

Just want to add my 2 cents worth.

One of the versions is Dual Wield Parry Left Hand - it used to be a bit buggy but I actually fixed it for Borgut1337 and it should be very reliable now.

Things to consider for Dual Wield Parry Left Hand:

- It uses no scripts at all.

- It uses the same default button setup as sword and shield or two handed weapons. i.e. Left click to attack, right click to block. Not having to learn a new button setup makes switching equipment/characters a lot easier.

- Its only disadvantage is that left attacks are disabled while dual wielding. This is usually not an issue if a dagger is being wielded in the left hand as is popular.

- Right-hand attacks and dual attacks, both normal and power versions, are as vanilla.

The first two points are what swayed me towards the Left Hand version instead of the more popular SKSE and Scriptdragon versions.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

I would request that some effort be made to explain which of the six versions of the mod are recommended - the descriptions are only marginally helpful and do not have much of an explanation as to why, or under what circumstance, you would choose one version over the other.

Along these lines, I think it will be helpful to those STEP followers reading here who like to use a gamepad that version 3.1 does not properly remap the block button to your gamepad. Reverting to version 2.52 works, allowing you to remap the block button through the MCM menu, but you give up the version 3 features (which seems to just be the bash feature and 'fixes', according to the mod page). Credit for this info to a user on the Nexus forums, but since I had to dig for this solution, I thought I would post it here for greater visibility.

• 2 years later...

Well I’m sure I downloaded the correct one since the plugin has SKSE in its file name, but Script Dragon shows under the requirement tab of LOOT for the plugin and it’s preventing me from running LOOT

Edit: redownloading the mod seemed to have fixed whatever issue I was having in LOOT

Edited by Alper19