How does updating work?

Hey folks,

just wanted to ask how updating SR works?

I just saw that BYOD and the UKSP both have a new update ready. I remember both of them having tons of manually made compatibility patches. Do I have to remake them all or do I just update the main files and thats it? 

Also big thanks to neovalen for making such a great compilation :) Together with SkyRe, RealVision and some immersive and lore friendly armor/weapon packs this just by far the best thing ever released.

Hey folks,

I just saw that BYOD and the UKSP both have a new update ready. I remember both of them having tons of manually made compatibility patches. Do I have to remake them all or do I just update the main files and thats it? 

Also big thanks to neovalen for making such a great compilation :) Together with SkyRe, RealVision and some immersive and lore friendly armor/weapon packs this just by far the best thing ever released.

Usually Neovalen look into updated mods and make decision is there any need of redoing patches. But you can do it yourself or just redo compatibility patch for new version by following Revisited Guide

Hey folks,

Usually Neovalen look into updated mods and make decision is there any need of redoing patches. But you can do it yourself or just redo compatibility patch for new version by following Revisited Guide
Will it be made public in the changelog then? (if he deems it necessary)

Yes, 99% of the time Neo puts any and all changes, and notes if patches should be remade in the changelog. Those 1% of the times he does not we jump all over his ass and point out his flaws and omissions with true internet rage and angst! ;)

A slightly more constructive approach might be for anyone who notices updates that need to be changed to let Neo about them. This might help him get through it quicker with less pain.

Of course bitching about the inadequacies of those providing us things for free is far more enjoyable!

:)

@stat - you know I was joking right? I think so but just making sure. The boards here at STEP are the most civil and enjoyable of any I frequent. In fact they're the only place I actually bother to post as most of the game sites are cesspools of internet trolls.

I think for the most part, everyone here, well a few of us, have been working with Neo on such updates and we tend to either post in-thread but as it's gotten larger, we have been sending him specific Wiki updates via PM.

Neo's preference is to make the Wiki edits himself so he knows what's going on and so while we can all edit the wiki, moderation of it is best left to Neo. So yes, as the community of SR users, as you notice things continue to either post them here in the feedback thread or send via a PM to Neo with the updated that is required.

I updated all that stuff and I guess the USKP or something needs a patch adjustment. I started a new character and am kinda stuck at the first dragon. After I killed it, I just dont absorb the soul and am therefore stuck on the "Investigate the dragon" subquest :/

Strange thing is, the AI scripts seem to trigger, as the guard guy tells everyone to get back and take cover :D

Tried hitting the dragon-corpse with a weapon? That sometimes works. If it doesn't, then it's quite likely you have a lingering script from a dragon-mod that isn't compatible with Dragonborn, which has been known to cause that issue. It's not a problem with USKP

Tried that. I only got clean SR install + SkyRe + Armor/Weapons. Nothing gameplay or dragon changing apart the stuff included in SR. Thanks for the hint though

edit: Definitly was a bugged Unofficial Patch. I found this fix: https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/31685/ It's basically a script file, which the Unoffical Patches also come with. I replaced it in

D:\Program Files (x86)\ModOrganizer\mods\Unofficial Skyrim Patch\scripts

and

D:\Program Files (x86)\ModOrganizer\mods\Unofficial Dragonborn Patch\scripts

now everything works fine. Only conclusion is that the original script of the unofficial patch was bugged somehow.