Fore's New Idles in Skyrim - FNIS (by fore)

WilliamImm

Ok, Ive got a question regarding the "Detailed Instructions" page.  There is a notice at the very bottom

"People using Wrye Bash to manage their mods will need to do the following: After installing the mod, the executables ("GenerateFNISforUsers.exe" & "hkxcmd.exe") will not have been installed. Either copy them over manually to the relative path corresponding to the installer package or simply manually copy the "Data" directory within the package into skyrim/ and overwrite all files. This ensures that Wrye Bash can manage the installation of all conflicting meshes."

I'm unclear as to what exactly this means.  What is "the relative path corresponding to the installer package?"  Do I need to add these files to the FNIS Output patch I made?

If you are using Mod Organizer, you can ignore this notice. This notice is intended only if you are using Wrye Bash as a mod manager and most of us just use it to create the bashed patch.

If you are using Wrye Bash as a mod manager, I may be just as confused. I think it may be saying that when you install FNIS with Wrye Bash, FNIS gets installed into say Skyrim\Data. You then need to extract GenerateFNISForUsers.exe and hkxcmd.exe from the "Tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users" folder in "FNIS Behavior 7_4_5-11811-7-4-5.7z" (the file you downloaded from Nexus) and paste it into "Skyrim\Data\Tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users" folder.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I have watched Gamer Poets' tutorial on youtube and, although the dude is amazing, I have tried everything he suggests but still can't install FNIS for my MO2 (I use windows 10). I am an amateur modder so I don't know how to fix this. After making sure I had done everything he says in the video, when I double click on FNIS from my downloads tab, the "Install Mods" pop-up says "No game data on top level" in red on the bottom left. If I click okay, it says: "This mod was probably NOT set up correctly, most likely it will NOT work. You should first correct the directory layout using the content-tree. 

Any suggestions?? thanks

The first time this happens in MO, there should have been a quick tutorial shown on how to deal with that issue. I don't have the program in front of me, so I can't give step by step, but in short you have to tell MO which folder is the Gamedata folder so it knows what to install. By clicking OK without designating which folder to use as Gamedata, you basically tell MO that the mod was messed up. The one you want to use is likely only a layer deep, and you should be able to find it in the file tree it shows in that popup.

I think there might be a way to reset the MO tutorials in the settings somewhere, so that might be a thing you want to look into as well if you still can't figure this out.