Skyrim Ultra HD Texture Pack

rootsrat

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/35507

This a recently release compilation of all MysteryModder's textures + many more (as per the description). Apparently

All textures are of the highest quality the resolutions are up to 4k where needed but are kept as low as possible to still hold the detail and all have their own custom made normals. The textures have been made with an intention to keep them to look the same as or as near to the original vanilla design as possible but give them a much needed boost in quality and detail, some have been changed but made to be as lore friendly as possible.

We do however use stuff like Skyrim HD etc.

This could be installed along with those big packs and then subsequently overwritten by better separate equivalents. That's a lot of testing and comparisons to do though...

P.S. I can't determine if this pack looks good, as I the screens in my office are pretty crap quality :/ Will have a proper look at home.

Well, not mostly 4k - according to skunky, only 4 textures are 4k sized. That being said, I've actually seen someone post wanting all 4k, 8k, and 16k sizes.

The amount of overkill on this would be attempting to kill a fly with 100 intercontential missles. At once. And nuking the place afterwards, because it's the only way to be sure.

Jeez, people are crazy...

Well, not mostly 4k - according to skunky, only 4 textures are 4k sized. That being said, I've actually seen someone post wanting all 4k, 8k, and 16k sizes.

The amount of overkill on this would be attempting to kill a fly with 100 intercontential missles. At once. And nuking the place afterwards, because it's the only way to be sure.

Jeez, people are crazy...

Is that not how everyone kills flies?!

The overhauls aren't really "texture packs" and I would put Book of Silence in the overhaul category as well. This mod is a bunch of miscellaneous mods tossed together into one "pack" (most of which are already covered by other mods in STEP from what I can tell).

Well it could be considered as a "misc" overhaul.

From what I can see in MO the pack overrides (partially or not) "Realistic Mushrooms", "High Quality Food and Ingredients", "HD Misc", "Tobes Highres Textures", "HD Sacks Retexture", "Mystery Modders Shrines", "Septim HD", "Skyrim Redesigned" and of course "Bethesda Hi-Res DLC Optimized".

It also overrides "Langleys Wood Metal and Stones Textures Workshop" from Skyrim Revisited and "Better Bedrolls" (yes I kept it).

Realistic Mushrooms is already included in this mod, but I don't think it should be evaluated on its size, but rather on the quality of the work. If other mods in STEP are better just put it in the correct order, that's what the conflicting graphics section is for.

Realistic Mushrooms is already included in this mod' date=' but I don't think it should be evaluated on its size, but rather on the quality of the work. If other mods in STEP are better just put it in the correct order, that's what the conflicting graphics section is for.[/quote']

Texture size is in fact become a very important factor to consider with the 3GB memory limit that many have already experienced.

Ok, I've had a look at it last night (briefly, I'm still finishing my Skyrim install, again) and some textures that are presented in the screens look very nice, but some I don't like. If majority of those items are 4k then it's not worth it I think. But if it's mixed sizes, as SRB stated, we can just place in the predetermined slot in Conflicting Graphinc section.

Nevertheless, I still think it's worth making compare session, but it's a LONG session - and I myself am quite limited on time unfortunately being kept busy with RL stuff :/

I may do some compares next week, I'm off work for a few days, so I should have some spare time.