ENB Issue

Solist

Question

So as not to clutter the already massive SR Feedback thread...

I've just setup Neo's RealVision ENB configration and tried it out for the first time. Background, I'm using a fully modded SR, opted per Neo's recommendations and can push my install pretty far with near zero issues in performance or visuals.

Upon enabling the ENB, it goes to complete ****. A total crawl.

Normal loading from menu to in-game is a few seconds, with ENB RealVision enabled it's 20+ seconds. Then it takes a bit to draw things in but never fully recovers to my previously smooth state. Turning around is choppy, performance is unusable.

So my question is for you ENB masters out there, what tweaks should I look in to in order to resolve this? I have a more than powerful enough rig, and I've had no performance issues to date. Disabling the ENB returns everything back to normal.

I tried reducing the ShadowMaps by 50% in the INI settings but that had no positive effect. Anything else to try?

I'm using ENBversion 0.168 with RealVision ENB.

Thanks.

• Answers 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

For driver based anti-aliasing (for nVidia users)' date=' do we turn the antialiasing to from 0x00000005 to none? Here's what I have now:[/quote']

Yep. I also set the Transparency Multisampling to Off (from the previous 4xSGSS).

Solist - what does that do?

Nothing more I imagine than just turning the behavior flag for AA off. I'm just weird about that stuff, so I turned mine from what I was using before an ENB to be set to none. Prior to ENB under Antialiasing - Transparency Supersampling I was using 4x Sparse Grid Supersampling. But with AA turned off, that setting is moot since the ENB provides EdgeAA.

The easiest way is to reset "Default" for each anti-aliasing item using Nvidia Inspector.

Which is the tiny little nvidia logo on the far right of a line/entry if you're wondering where that button/option is, it returns the selected profile to the default nvidia setting for the profile.

So what are the thoughts on the lighting in these screens? This is the enchanter's table inside of Dragonsreach.

I'm running a full SR install, with RealVision ENB. Maybe it's just me, but the glow/radiance of these candles doesn't seem right...it's like you're staring at the sun. Thoughts?

SR + RealVision ENB (Left) / SR + No ENB Used (Right)

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

It it because each candle gets to act as a separate light source I think... then they add up. Especially the lightsprite that candles have add up. This combined with daytime settings can make them stand out really badly.

If you look closely then it is the same everywhere there are more candles in close proximity.

So what are the thoughts on the lighting in these screens? This is the enchanter's table inside of Dragonsreach.

I'm running a full SR install, with RealVision ENB. Maybe it's just me, but the glow/radiance of these candles doesn't seem right...it's like you're staring at the sun. Thoughts?

SR + RealVision ENB (Left) / SR + No ENB Used (Right)

if you will do that I've done for UnrealVision ENB preset and/or turn adaptation off - will be better.

So I updated the drivers, tried installing ENB manually (without mgr), disabled AA in nvidia inspector and reset to default settings. I'm still getting crazy heavy FPS values (15-20 in the wild, and around 23-25 for interiors). My FPS jumps up to 45-50 when I disable ENB. I might have to just disable it altogether as my game is nearly unplayable with it enabled

So I updated the drivers' date=' tried installing ENB manually (without mgr), disabled AA in nvidia inspector and reset to default settings. I'm still getting crazy heavy FPS values (15-20 in the wild, and around 23-25 for interiors). My FPS jumps up to 45-50 when I disable ENB. I might have to just disable it altogether as my game is nearly unplayable with it enabled[/quote']

Sadly, but it is predictable results for GTX470, you should look Aiyen posts for tweakink ENB presets or, better, gift a present to yourself - get new video card:)

So I updated the drivers' date=' tried installing ENB manually (without mgr)' date=' disabled AA in nvidia inspector and reset to default settings. I'm still getting crazy heavy FPS values (15-20 in the wild, and around 23-25 for interiors). My FPS jumps up to 45-50 when I disable ENB. I might have to just disable it altogether as my game is nearly unplayable with it enabled[/quote'']

Sadly, but it is predictable results for GTX470, you should look Aiyen posts for tweakink ENB presets or, better, gift a present to yourself - get new video card:)

Ah okay, understandable thanks!  I'll disable for now and see if I can get any tweaks to work in the meantime.  Tried ATTK and the ENBInjector to no noticeable FPS gain (although stability seemed a bit improved).

Built my machine in 2010, so if I upgrade to a new GPU I would likely want to upgrade everything else too.  Not a project I want to tackle just yet!  Gonna try to stretch my GTX470 for now.  But it would be nice..

Sometimes the injector can give or take more FPS so at least you tried that!

If you got 45-50 without ENB on then it would be unlikely that you would be able to run with every effect on without going below 25...

Considering that you have a rather old computer then I also guess its an old CPU. In that case I would suggest that you look at reducing the CPU load.

Try to reduce the shadow quality, and the amount of grass etc. All of this gives a bit more since less stuff have to be rendered.

For ENB specific performance tweaks I do have a small quick and dirty guide in the description page of my ENB preset.

They are universal for all presets... so it is not only something that works for mine. 

For ENB specific performance tweaks I do have a small quick and dirty guide in the description page of my ENB preset.

They are universal for all presets... so it is not only something that works for mine. 

Very good description, I will give it endorsement once neccesary time after download will pass.:)