112 replies to this topic

#106 Aiyen

Aiyen

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,536 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:31 PM

Ah yes thank you for that Raikuden! Well the detailed shadows are the prime attraction for some! :) I do believe you can just go to v.119 and then enable the driver based AO if you have an Nvidia card. That way you do get the detailed shadows and some AO... I know alot of people do this. Mainly to get hardware AA and detailed shadows though.

#107 bpr5016

bpr5016

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:35 PM

Skyrim Performance PLUS sounds perfect, gonna install once I get off work! Love these performance friendly mods

#108 Solist

Solist

Commander

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:06 AM

@Neo/Aiyen/Iroha - for the RealVision ENB, the author states to add this particular entry to your skyrimprefs.ini if you have a quad-core or newer: [Havok] iNumThreads=3 Is this something that should be done for i5/i7 chip users?

#109 Aiyen

Aiyen

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • 3,536 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:23 PM

It is one of the multi thread ini tweaks..... as far as I can tell they do nothing performance or stability wise.

#110 bpr5016

bpr5016

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:07 PM

Skyrim Performance PLUS sounds perfect, gonna install once I get off work! Love these performance friendly mods

I got both of these mods installed with Aiyen's recommended tweaks and my performance is looking very friendly. I get over 40fps indoors and for exteriors anywhere from 20-25 in the heavy woods moving quick to ~33 going slow. Not bad I think! Has been very playable so far. How'd I do?

Oh and for grass on steroids I elected to use the "SRO - tall version" with a high degree of spacing (set the parameter to 130 I think) and am quite pleased with effect.

Random question - do you guys use the ENB speed cheat / hack? Mine is enabled by default and I'm not sure how I feel about it

#111 rootsrat

rootsrat

Dragon Prince

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,906 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:19 PM

@Neo/Aiyen/Iroha - for the RealVision ENB, the author states to add this particular entry to your skyrimprefs.ini if you have a quad-core or newer:

[Havok]
iNumThreads=3

Is this something that should be done for i5/i7 chip users?

It is one of the multi thread ini tweaks..... as far as I can tell they do nothing performance or stability wise.

Hm, maybe there is more to it after all? Probably will need looking into more deeply, but:

https://forums.nexus...gameplay/page-2 (just search for iNumThreads in your browser).

#112 Aiyen

Aiyen

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • 3,536 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:39 PM

Yeah the issue has been debated since Skyrim came out... I can only respond to what I see on my computer. And I see no real changes in performance... done as an avg. FPS with fraps over a few cell changes. Neither in the stability.... had the same amount of CTD´s with and without. I know some claim it helps with input lag... but I have never noticed anything in relation to that. But if you find out it helps you on your machine by all means put them in... cant hurt since it should not be able to corrupt saves or anything like that. In relation to the speedhack.... as far as I know then it removes some useless calls in the game engine... Only really Boris would know I guess. I have never had any issues related to having it on, so I have always just left it on.

#113 Iroha

Iroha

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:03 AM

@Neo/Aiyen/Iroha - for the RealVision ENB, the author states to add this particular entry to your skyrimprefs.ini if you have a quad-core or newer:

[Havok]
iNumThreads=3

Is this something that should be done for i5/i7 chip users?

I think this value doesn't need changing. It is probably physics processing threads. Many threads can lead to sync problems. You can try to see value this parameter uses by default for your hardware configuration. You need to backup skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini settings in profile and in documents and settings folder(I don't know which will be replaced), load game and in console type saveini
I suppose it will alter one or both of your skyrim ini files. Now your can search for havok, after you will find - replace ini files by backups.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users