I am a little confused...

lolbored

Question

Now as I am going through the .PDF and installing all the mods something just occurred to me.

I am installing every single graphic/texture mode but some of them over write previous mods.

Is that what is supposed to happen? Or do I install only the core mods and then go through and install the optional mods after?

4 answers to this question

Now as I am going through the .PDF and installing all the mods something just occurred to me.I am installing every single graphic/texture mode but some of them over write previous mods.Is that what is supposed to happen? Or do I install only the core mods and then go through and install the optional mods after?

Just go through the guide as it is laid out, the over-writing is intentional as TheCompiler has selected which textures appear best to him in game - some from one mod, some from another (very few, if any, mods cover all the textures in the game). The mods marked as CORE should always be installed, others are to some extent optional depending on personal taste and the capabilities of your PC system, however all the mods have been tested together to ensure that they will work without conflicts if you follow the steps correctly.

I assume you are working from the 2.0.1a guide - this will work, however you should know that the 2.1.0 version will be available very soon and will change some of the mods selected to improve the guide and work effectively with the latest revision of the game. This will probaly be best combined with a new game start if not a fresh install as there are issues with Bethesda's game save format. On the other hand this is a good practice and will at least show you just how much better Skyrim can look with the help of STEP. It will also give you a chance to see just how your system can cope with the combination of such mods so that you can approach the new version with a better idea how to select the optimal set of mods to install.

Good luck and enjoy :)

Also, are you using a mod manager (Wyre Bash or Mod Oragniser) or installing manually / NMM?

If manually/NMM then I suggest you use Wyre Bash (or MO) as otherwise you will have a very painful process to install updates, in particular step 2.1.0 due out this friday

Yeah I am using NMM and I have already reinstalled Skyrim 2 or 3 times making sure it is absolutely perfect. I finally got it installed and its unplayable for me so I am going through and installing just the core mods and see what that does. Thanks for all the help! Btw I have just as much fun trying new mods as I do playing the game.

So many talented modders out there, so little time!