Immersive Beds (by vivanto)

rpsgc

So i think there are Some issues with UFO... All of my followers vanish and only reappear if i go to bed again and sometimes a New follower i try to pick up doesn't follow me at all... However i think i fixed the glitch i reported earlier by reapplying my settings in the mcm.

Testing section of OP updated to test this mod with single and multiple followers.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tested this mod for a while and it has one rather large and unfortunate bug: If you use enchanted armor, there are times where the enchantment won't be applied after sleeping, forcing you to re-equip them. A bit of an immersion breaker for me. Of course you can always choose not to use the Sleepwear option, but in that case this mod only adds a sleeping animation really.

That is an unfortunate bug. According to the mod page it can only be fixed by Bethesda :/. Personally I enjoy the sleeping animation more than anything else. That is the main purpose of the mod after all.

I tested this mod for a while and it has one rather large and unfortunate bug: If you use enchanted armor' date=' there are times where the enchantment won't be applied after sleeping, forcing you to re-equip them. A bit of an immersion breaker for me. Of course you can always choose not to use the Sleepwear option, but in that case this mod only adds a sleeping animation really.[/quote']

Can anyone confirm?

The mod author included it in the description:

Known Issue: When using sleepwear while having enchanted armor or weapons equipped, the enchantments do not properly apply after re-equipping. This is a bug with the game engine, covered in more detail in the mod Loadout, with a formal petition to Bethesda for fixing it.

I've seen this issue mentioned by couple of other mods, Frostfall being one if my memory serves me right. Each time it was stated that this is vanilla bug that cannot be fixed by mod author.

Not a biggie I think - I can live with that :)

I'm not fond of adding a mod that introduces another bug that needs to be fixed. STEP's core purpose is to fix vanilla bugs and issues while enhancing vanilla aspects of the game without changing them or changing them as little as possible.

I'm assuming this bug is not an issues without this mod installed? Meaning this is only a bug associated with this mod?

Well, it's not a bug in a real sense. It's just that Skyrim enginge is unable to automatically re-equip enchanted items, when the script is triggered - this is my understanding. It's not really breaking the game in any way.

Not the cause of the game break, understood. However, is the game bug latent otherwise? IOW, does this mod (and Frostfall) trigger the latent bug to be expressed?

If so, then this one is not for Core STEP. Again, not to be a stick in the mud, but we want simplicity and improvement without additional complications.

The potential bug is worse than no animation at all IMO. Not the mod's fault, but annoying to express it if it would otherwise be latent (i.e., this is why Bethesda does not 'fix', technically nothing is broken)

The potential bug is worse than no animation at all IMO. Not the mod's fault' date=' but annoying to express it if it would otherwise be latent (i.e., this is why Bethesda does not 'fix', technically nothing is broken)[/quote']

Technically, their scripting engine is broken... but since they have "moved on" I see no chance of them fixing it so we have to live with it until TES6 (or later... Bugthesda and all). Really hate the lip sync thing they left in 1.9 as well.