Skyrim Redone and warning: xxxMagicSneak

Anyone who use Skyrim Redone must be familliar with this papyrus warning log:

[05/21/2013 - 09:14:03PM] warning: Property xxxsneakTouchOfCalamity on script xxxMagicSneak attached to Active effect 13 on  (00000014) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[05/21/2013 - 09:14:03PM] warning: Property xxxsneakArcaneAssassin on script xxxMagicSneak attached to Active effect 13 on  (00000014) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[05/21/2013 - 09:14:03PM] warning: Property xxxsneaktouchofcalamitysneakmessage on script xxxMagicSneak attached to Active effect 13 on  (00000014) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

It get spammed A LOT when fighting casters and in my case I have found that it can easily cause a CTD.

This is when I decided enough is enough and decided to hunt the bad boy at his core.

I spent 2hour trying to find any reference to these in the SkyRe .psc/.esp:

• xxxMagicSneak
  • xxxsneakArcaneAssassin
  • xxxsneakTouchOfCalamity
  • xxxsneaktouchofcalamitysneakmessage
I literally found nothing that reference these file AT all.

Except the xxxMagicSneak.pex and xxxMagicSneak.psc.

But it contains the xxxSNE* properties and not the xxxsneak* one.

They seem to be old propreties that got renamed to xxxSNE*  and the old one are still getting called by something, somewhere. :dry:

But... Where?  :wallbash:

Is there any tool I can use to search more deeply in the .esp or something like that?

TES5Edit and Creation Kit dont seem to cut it.

EDIT:

After some perseverance I finally found the issue!

Basicly every single damaging vanilla Spell would cause this issue when casted:

[05/21/2013 - 09:14:03PM] warning: Property xxxsneakTouchOfCalamity on script xxxMagicSneak attached to Active effect 13 on  (00000014) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[05/21/2013 - 09:14:03PM] warning: Property xxxsneakArcaneAssassin on script xxxMagicSneak attached to Active effect 13 on  (00000014) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[05/21/2013 - 09:14:03PM] warning: Property xxxsneaktouchofcalamitysneakmessage on script xxxMagicSneak attached to Active effect 13 on  (00000014) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

Because the property name didn't match the property referenced in the xxxMagicSneak.psc script

The property name was xxxsneak* but should have been xxxSNE* instead.

This should greatly improve SkyRe performance in combat.

Download the Script Fix here (see EDIT EDIT)

BUM Setting:

"BOTTOM" -> SkyRe

I would not recommend using ASIS Automatic Spell with it as it might use the SkyRe_Main.esp setting and overwrite the patch.

I did not test with ASIS Automatic Spell but it's what I assume it will do.

EDIT EDIT:

SkyRe Script Fix update:

I missed three property for the spell Frostbite, Fireball and Flames.

New version here. Thanks to Epothos for the feedback.

It might not fix all issue related to SkyRe but hopefully it will help

Afaik he has fixed it for 1.3 (along with some other stuff, one of which another user posted a fixed script-file for temporarily on the nexus forums). The changelog for 1.3 has been up for a month though without a release. :(

Thanks for letting us played with it fixed in the meantime though :)

I sent a message to T3nd0 about it,

He basically said it was the smallest possible error in Papyrus unless it is triggered extremely frequently. (like, 20 times per second).

Although I agree its a small error, for anyone using a large base mod with several script oriented one these small issues can really stack up.

If you are fighting 3+ caster, it can get really ugly considering the issue affect every single vanilla damaging spell.

Add Wet and Cold, Frostfall, RND, companions and yourself spamming spells on top of that and I'm pretty sure the engine will beg for mercy. :P

EDIT:

By the way, I took a look at the v1.3 change log on the mod page and I did not see this issue addressed.

This problem has been plaguing me for a bit now. As far as I can tell it is causing my game to freeze every other fight. I tried your fix, but it didn't seem to work. Do I need to do something other than load it after skyre main?

I missed three property for the spell Frostbite, Fireball and Flames.

New version here.

Thanks to Epothos for the feedback.

It might not fix all issue related to SkyRe but hopefully it will help.

• 1 month later...

Honestly, I find SkyRe has a lot of unfixed bugs. I used to love SkyRe but I stopped using it.

Even with the Reproccer there are many mods that are incompatible. SkyRe even has an Unofficial Patch and many Reproccer Compatibility Patches now because t3nd0 has moved on and won't fix any more bugs. Bugs like not being able to buy the master spells after completing the quest for them. Some spells just don't work at all. Every time you look at the latest page of the SkyRe forum over half the people are reporting bugs (of course a lot of this is because SkyRe conflicts with so many other mods).

Bugs like not being able to buy the master spells after completing the quest for them. Some spells just don't work at all.

Are these confirmed and recreated incidents? Can you give some specific examples? I would like to test some scenarios, as I don't want to start a new game and then discover SkyRe is unsuable when I reach level 50 or wathever...

Hmm, well. Not being able to buy the master spells is a problem I personally encountered on several playthroughs but when I searched the SkyRe thread I only found a few other people stating they had the same problem.

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/563161-t3nd0s-perk-overhaul/page-2968#entry8377531

It's not that SkyRe is unusable, it's just that certain spells or perks don't always behave like they should or don't work under certain circumstances.

• 2 weeks later...

So this is a spell caster bug? Ugh well here I was thinking it was something else... this is much worse. I'm crashing regularly when casting spells like Icespike and noticed this.

Error: Cannot call Disable() on a None object, aborting function call

stack:

[alias Adventurer on quest WERoad07 (00105D15)].wealiasscript.OnUnload() - "WEAliasScript.psc" Line 145

[07/28/2013 - 10:56:01PM] Warning: Property xxxsneakArcaneAssassin on script xxxMagicSneak attached to Active effect 6 on (000B6CE1) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[07/28/2013 - 10:56:01PM] Warning: Property xxxsneakTouchOfCalamity on script xxxMagicSneak attached to Active effect 6 on (000B6CE1) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[07/28/2013 - 10:56:01PM] Warning: Property xxxsneaktouchofcalamitysneakmessage on script xxxMagicSneak attached to Active effect 6 on (000B6CE1) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[07/28/2013 - 10:56:01PM] Warning: Property xxxsneakArcaneAssassin on script xxxMagicSneak attached to Active effect 6 on (000B6CE1) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[07/28/2013 - 10:56:01PM] Warning: Property xxxsneakTouchOfCalamity on script xxxMagicSneak attached to Active effect 6 on (000B6CE1) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[07/28/2013 - 10:56:01PM] Warning: Property xxxsneaktouchofcalamitysneakmessage on script xxxMagicSneak attached to Active effect 6 on (000B6CE1) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I got CDT when some bandits trying to shoot me with crossbow ..

Some lines in papyrus appeared and probably be the cause of CTD..

[None].xxxBowHitStagger.GetTargetActor() - "" Line ?

[None].xxxBowHitStagger.OnHit() - "xxxBowHitStagger.psc" Line 6

[08/16/2013 - 02:00:16AM] Warning: Property xxxsneakTouchOfCalamity on script xxxMagicSneak attached to Active effect 13 on  (00000014) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[08/16/2013 - 02:00:16AM] Warning: Property xxxsneakArcaneAssassin on script xxxMagicSneak attached to Active effect 13 on  (00000014) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[08/16/2013 - 02:00:16AM] Warning: Property xxxsneaktouchofcalamitysneakmessage on script xxxMagicSneak attached to Active effect 13 on  (00000014) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

I'm currently using ASIS/increased spawns+npc potions/+SkyRE 1.301+Dual Sheath Redux+Compability patches.

I'm very grateful for the fix you made it really works so thanks for sharing. But..... I have another problem, I have no knowledge about scripting and stuff... so hopefully you can help.

I have the latest version of Skyrim with DG, HT and DB dlc's. I have NO MODS WHATSOEVER apart from the LATEST version of Skyre. I have started a NEW GAME and when I look at the papyrus log I see "Stack dumps" that create over 15000 lines in 1 second. Here's an example:

Suspended stack count is over our warning threshold, dumping stacks:

[08/20/2013 - 02:13:54PM] VM is freezing...

[08/20/2013 - 02:13:54PM] VM is frozen

[08/20/2013 - 02:13:54PM] Dumping stack 3242:

[08/20/2013 - 02:13:54PM]     Frame count: 0 (Page count: 0)

[08/20/2013 - 02:13:54PM]     State: Waiting on other stack for call (Freeze state: Freezing)

[08/20/2013 - 02:13:54PM]     Type: Normal

[08/20/2013 - 02:13:54PM]     Return register: None

[08/20/2013 - 02:13:54PM]     Has stack callback: No

[08/20/2013 - 02:13:54PM]     Stack trace:

[08/20/2013 - 02:13:54PM]         [Active effect 2 on  (00013482)].xxxCombatBehaviourScript.OnHit() - (requested call)

[08/20/2013 - 02:13:54PM]             [param 0]: [Actor < (00000014)>]

[08/20/2013 - 02:13:54PM]             [param 1]: [sPELL < (00012FCD)>]

[08/20/2013 - 02:13:54PM]             [param 2]: [PROJECTILE < (00012FCF)>]

[08/20/2013 - 02:13:54PM]             [param 3]: False

[08/20/2013 - 02:13:54PM]             [param 4]: False

[08/20/2013 - 02:13:54PM]             [param 5]: False

[08/20/2013 - 02:13:54PM]             [param 6]: False

I tried unmodified ini settings,"Unofficial Skyrim Redone Patch","SkyRe ReProccer Compatibility Patches" and "Unofficial Skyrim Patches", none solved this issue.

I also tried deleting the script file "xxxCombatBehaviourScript.pex" witch seems to fix the 15000 lines in 1 sec problem but now the log obviously tells that the file is missing and I'm sure this is going to brake stuff.

What can I possibly do to get rid of this issue?

• 1 month later...

I sent a message to T3nd0 about it,

He basically said it was the smallest possible error in Papyrus unless it is triggered extremely frequently. (like, 20 times per second).

Although I agree its a small error, for anyone using a large base mod with several script oriented one these small issues can really stack up.

If you are fighting 3+ caster, it can get really ugly considering the issue affect every single vanilla damaging spell.

Add Wet and Cold, Frostfall, RND, companions and yourself spamming spells on top of that and I'm pretty sure the engine will beg for mercy. :P

EDIT:

By the way, I took a look at the v1.3 change log on the mod page and I did not see this issue addressed.

Are your script fixes compatible with SkyRe 1.3 or only with 1.2?