SKSE (by the SKSE Team)

z929669

Hello to everyone, after so many tries i really have to ask...

I have installed SKSE scripts through MO, created the SKSE folder with the .ini inside and i placed the .dll's and .exe in the main folder.

My MO automatically identify the SKSE.exe, but when i hit RUN my game crashes after bethesda logo...

I really don't know what to do and this error is getting on my nerves, so can anyone help me with that before i explode my PC ? :confused:

Just to show that the scripts is going to the right place:
Posted Image

...  I'm at the part where I have to install Bethesda's Hi-res DLC optimised and my problem is with my graphics adaptor. You see, I have a dedicated NVIDIA GPU in addition to a generic onboard Intel graphics card. Ever since I installed ENBoost, I can't seem to get Skyrim to detect my dedicated NVidia card! Needless to say, I'm experiencing significant performance issues while running Skyrim on my onboard Intel card instead of my dedicated card.

I'd like to know whether ENBoost is strictly necessary for STEP and whether I'll be better off without it (ENBoost I mean).

Have you tried disabling the on-board graphics through Windows Device Manager (Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Device Manager > Display Adapters > Right-click the on-board graphics and select disable)?

Re necessity of ENBoost, I'd consider anything that helps me gain improved performance an absolute necessity!  ::):

When you see that red text, just right click the folder you see that should be the data directory and select 'Set data directory'. That should remove the error.

Any mod that has that problem is fixed this way. Also, so mods require you to do a few times to find the right folder.

For some reason this doesn't work for me.  Clicking on 'Set data directory' doesn't yield any visible results and when I proceed (ignoring the warning: "This mod was probably NOT set up correctly, most likely it will NOT work. You should first correct the directory layout using the content-tree") I get an installed mod titled Data with a red X in the flag column. Is this WAD?

For some reason this doesn't work for me.  Clicking on 'Set data directory' doesn't yield any visible results and when I proceed (ignoring the warning: "This mod was probably NOT set up correctly, most likely it will NOT work. You should first correct the directory layout using the content-tree") I get an installed mod titled Data with a red X in the flag column. Is this WAD?

You must expand the displayed <data> folder by clicking the arrow to its left.

Usually you'll then see a folder called "Data". THAT is the one to right-click.

• +1 1

You must expand the displayed <data> folder by clicking the arrow to its left.

Usually you'll then see a folder called "Data". THAT is the one to right-click.

Thanks for taking time to help me out. Here is a facsimile of what I'm seeing:

> <data>

> {Check Marked Box} Data

When I right click on <data> nothing happens. When I right click on > {Check Marked Box} Data and choose "Set Data Directory" it changes to >{Check Marked Box} Strategy. When I right click this and choose "Set Data Directory" it disappears altogether leaving me with <data>. At no point does the red "No game data on top level" disappear. If I attempt to ignore any of the warnings I still get a red x marked file.

Thanks for taking time to help me out. Here is a facsimile of what I'm seeing:

> <data>

> {Check Marked Box} Data

When I right click on <data> nothing happens. When I right click on > {Check Marked Box} Data and choose "Set Data Directory" it changes to >{Check Marked Box} Strategy. When I right click this and choose "Set Data Directory" it disappears altogether leaving me with <data>. At no point does the red "No game data on top level" disappear. If I attempt to ignore any of the warnings I still get a red x marked file.

Try clicking the arrow to the left of  "> [ ] Strategy" to see what that folder contains. Perhaps there is another folder below "Strategy"

From my limited knowledge, you are looking for a folder that contains .esp files, .bsa files or contains sub-folders titled 'scripts', 'textures', or 'meshes'. The folder you need to right-click is the one containing things like this.

If that still doesn't help you, go back to the mod's author page and see what he/she says about installing manually. That should point you to the folder you seek.

Failing all of the above, tell us exactly what the mod is titled. Maybe someone who has more experience with mod-installing will be able to help.

Edited by darqnite

Failing all of the above, tell us exactly what the mod is titled. Maybe someone who has more experience with mod-installing will be able to help.

The mod is the Skyrim Script Extender and I am trying to follow the instructions on the STEP Wiki page:

"This 'mod' requires a special install:

• Place *.exe and *.dll into <skyrim>/ (not the data directory!)
  • Repackage skse*.zip:
    • Extract Data/
    • Repackage into a new zip file (name it accordingly)
    • Place into MO downloads directory
  • Install repacked archive via MO
  • Add the following to <skyrim>DataSKSEskse.ini (create INI if necessary):"

I'm having difficulty completing Step 3.

Sorry about that - my mind is so full of mods these days.

First of all, ignore the repackaging advice in the special install instructions; there is absolutely no need to do that.  Try these steps:

1. Place the <<skse_1_06_16.7z>> file in your ...Mod Organizerdownloadsfolder exactly as you downloaded it.

2. Extract the <<skse_loader.exe>>, the <<skse_1_9_32.dll>>, and the <<skse_steam_loader.dll>> files to your ..Skyrim directory.

3. Start Mod Organiser, double-click <<skse_1_06_16.7z>> under the downloads tab in the right-hand panel to start the install process. [iGNORE the exclamation mark next to the file]

4. Left-click the arrow next to <<skse_1_05_16>> to open the contents. You'll see a list of files and folders. The ONLY folder you are interested in is labelled "Data" the others are of no concern. If you left-click the arrow next to "Data", you'll see it contains a sub-folder labelled "scripts".

6 Right-click "Data" and select "Set data directory".

7 The red writing at the bottom of the panel will change to a green "Looks good".

8 Click OK, and you're done.

post-3586-0-24765600-1395926109_thumb.png

post-3586-0-61199500-1395926122_thumb.png

• +1 1

Sorry about that - my mind is so full of mods these days.

First of all, ignore the repackaging advice in the special install instructions; there is absolutely no need to do that.  Try these steps:

1. Place the <<skse_1_06_16.7z>> file in your ...Mod Organizerdownloadsfolder exactly as you downloaded it.

2. Extract the <<skse_loader.exe>>, the <<skse_1_9_32.dll>>, and the <<skse_steam_loader.dll>> files to your ..Skyrim directory.

3. Start Mod Organiser, double-click <<skse_1_06_16.7z>> under the downloads tab in the right-hand panel to start the install process. [iGNORE the exclamation mark next to the file]

4. Left-click the arrow next to <<skse_1_05_16>> to open the contents. You'll see a list of files and folders. The ONLY folder you are interested in is labelled "Data" the others are of no concern. If you left-click the arrow next to "Data", you'll see it contains a sub-folder labelled "scripts".

6 Right-click "Data" and select "Set data directory".

7 The red writing at the bottom of the panel will change to a green "Looks good".

8 Click OK, and you're done.

Brilliant! I had a better chance of winning Warren Buffet's Billion Dollar March Madness Challenge than I did of figuring that out on my own. Thank you very much for making the time to spell it out so clearly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not sure if anyone knows but I just looked over skse 1.7.0 alpha and it appears it includes memory patch. It is also quiet stable from what people are saying. So if you have any test mods that require 1.7.0, switching is as easy as drag and drop.