SKSE (by the SKSE Team)

z929669

Can anyone tell me why 768 instead of 512 was used for the configuration? According to SSME (does the same as the SKSE ini setting for memory allocation) 512 is the recommended value, which works for most users.Source: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1352936-ssme-skyrim-startup-memory-editor/?p=11575536

768 is the total of 512+256. If you check with memory log, the first block will be 512, and the second block will be 256.

There is a thread here in the Mods forum titled Memory Patch 3.0 that goes into the subject in great detail with empirical results and instructions on how to check just how large your individual memory blocks are running so you can fine tune those numbers. Short answer 768/256 entered into you SKSE.ini seems to work best for most SKSE 1.7.x users.

Haven't seen any issues posted. What were they?

Some people got crashes when enabling ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true with the SKSE 1.7.0 alpha implementation of the memory patch 3.0. The discussion about the source of the issue got so heatet that Boris disabled the feature for a while.

Edited by Spock

Some people got crashes when enabling ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true with the SKSE 1.7.0 alpha implementation of the memory patch 3.0. The discussion about the source of the issue got so heatet that Boris disabled the feature for a while.

Unknown. There's nothing about it in the changelog or on the latest forum thread. You should probably go to their forum and ask.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys. I accidentally installed SKSE using the installer and now I need to add the archive into Mod Organizer. Is that an issue, or do I need to somehow uninstall SKSE, then do it from scratch using the archive method?

Hi all!

When I attempt to Launch Skyrim with SKSE through Mod Organizer, I get a message "Couldn't read arguments", and the start-up process fails. I get a pop-up message saying it, and it is written in the black cmd looking window that opens during SKSE load. 

I installed SKSE by unpacking it to desktop, moving the two .dll and the .exe to the Steamapps/common/Skyrim folder.

I need rearchived the skse_1_07_01 folder and opened it in Mod Organzer. I made the "Data" folder directory, so that the "scripts" folder was the visible one in the structure. It said "Looks good" and I then installed it. This was the reinstall of SKSE. In the original installment, I moved the "scripts" and the "scr" folder, so they were both on top-level, and unticked the rest of the folder/.txt files.

Please help!