Mod Organizer (by Tannin42)

z929669

Question

I wouldn't say it's "not as versatile" as Wrye Bash. WB has some important advanced functionality (Bashed Patching first and foremost), but in terms of purely managing mods, Mod Organizer is far more powerful. Mod isolation alone, with all the profile managing it allows, is a HUGE killer feature on its own (just consider that you can go back to a clean Skyrim profile in three clicks, without having to move any files or actually 'uninstall' anything).

Oh, and it doesn't actually need a background process, it's got a button that will create for you a Skyrim shortcut which loads the modding profile through a SKSE plugin or a couple other methods.

MO does need to be running in the background in order to provide the virtual Data folder and INI files to both the game and any other process that may need access. While I doubt it's going to have any impact on performance, it's a reliance that some don't like to have. It's also a stretch to say it MO is far more powerful at managing mods. They are simply different mechanisms. WB also has profiles, so nothing new there.

What it really comes down to is that MO does a great job at managing mods, and with the ability to register NMM links, it's a superior replacement to NMM.

snip /... in terms of purely managing mods, Mod Organizer is far more powerful ... snip/... (than WB)..../snip.

Agree with s4n and would go further to say that Wrye Bash is arguably superior for managing mods than ANY other mod organizer (including MO) :yes:

PROVE ME WRONG AND WRITE A REVIEW! :yes:

MO does need to be running in the background in order to provide the virtual Data folder and INI files to both the game and any other process that may need access. While I doubt it's going to have any impact on performance, it's a reliance that some don't like to have. It's also a stretch to say it MO is far more powerful at managing mods. They are simply different mechanisms. WB also has profiles, so nothing new there.

What it really comes down to is that MO does a great job at managing mods, and with the ability to register NMM links, it's a superior replacement to NMM.

Mo have 3 ways to run:

1. Where you need MO to run and start game through MO

2. Let MO install a .dll so skse is doing the job, and then you don't need to run MO again to get the virtual data folder when starting the game with skse.

3. By running a inject allá ENB/FXAA/SMAA by inject with steam_api.dll, and then as with skse you don't need MO to run when you start the game.

But what I love about MO is when your done playing and close the game you have a clean Data folder. And if needed to test a mod it's easy when clean Data folder and a test profile in MO.

You might use a little more HDD space then by installing into Data folder, but the I don't care about when I know I have a clean Data folder.

And one more great thing MO can is when you install a mod you have the opportunity to deselect files the STEP is telling to drop from the mod.

Alright, I've had my mod list re-order itself randomly after renaming a mod in the list 3 times now, it's getting really annoying... anyone know why?

Thank god I document my load order, this problem already costs me 2 hours each time re-ordering... if I had to figure it out without documentation... ugh!

Ok... I'm having trouble getting Wrye Bash and BOSS to work through Mod Organizer. I've looked through a few sites including on the wiki here but no luck. Of course I kinda expected Wrye Bash to not work since I can't get it to work even with a guide lmao!

I must say though that it is REALLY... REALLY SAD that Mod Organizer's downloader is both faster and able to resume better than NMM.