Mod Organizer (by Tannin42)

z929669

Question

Anyone else run Automatic variants (or other Skyproc patchers) through it? I tried AV and it failed saying something about invalid esp's. If it works for anyone else I'll check my setup but for now I had to go back to v0.12.9 to generate any patches.

BOSS is working and doesn't crash. It's just missing the rules set in BUM. BUM on the other hand isn't working at all well. Reverted last night. What I find strange about reverting from 0.99 to 0.12.9 is that MO still complains about files in \overwrite (feature from 0.99) even after you've reverted. Odd, but doesn't seem to be doing anything nasty so far.

Version 0.99.1 has been up for a couple of days now. I finally got around to throwing a test set of mods at it to see if SkyProc patchers work now, and they do. I had one minor issue of Dual Sheath Redux hanging trying to run BOSS so I installed SUM to bypass BOSS and after that it worked no problem.

Now to find room to back things up AGAIN and try 0.99.1 on my current Mammoth mod list.

Uh... maybe what needs to be done? I don't think anything significant needs changing.

Don't know if anything needs to be done, since I don't use it at the moment. It has just been quite awhile since it was written, and there have been features added to MO that would be nice to have in the Guide.

If the software is under activ devel, then the guide should be updated along with it ... just sayin' :P

MO hasn't had any significant features added to it for quite some time, as phazer11 mentioned it's bugfixes and improvments. MO still remains the best mod manager out there in my opinion, they've got the features down just right - no need for extra stuff at this point. It does it's job!

MO hasn't had any significant features added to it for quite some time' date=' as phazer11 mentioned it's bugfixes and improvments. MO still remains the best mod manager out there in my opinion, they've got the features down just right - no need for extra stuff at this point. It does it's job![/quote']

I agree; however, I can still think of a few features it could add.

• Bash Patch-like feature
  • Automatically enabling related mod content (if you enable xyz.ESP/ESM, then xyz.BSA will also activate)
  • Category Headers in the mod list (this helped me keep my sections organized and straight in WB)
That's all I can think of atm. But it would seem that a lot of changes are coming with .99.1 of MO.

It lists any conflicts from the mods just like WB does. It's just not on the front pane besides an icon telling you that conflicts exists. Right-click on the mod, click Information, and click on Conflicts. Tells you how many from the current mod, how many from other mods, and lists them all just like WB.

Another feature would be the ability to install a mod from a loose directory instead of only from an archive. This would have halved the time it's taking me to do this switch.