ENB Recommendations and Framerate Suggestions

phazer11

Question

Alright so I think I have all of my freeze's taken care of, now I just need to get FPS up so it's more playable. Currently with an ENB (doesn't really matter which) I drop to ~18-23 FPS with a max of 25 (32 if I'm lucky and disabled DOF).

I'm using the Skyrim Revisited recommended ENB (Realvision) at the moment with DOF off but it seems lacking for my tastes. I don't care terribly much if I have DOF on or not (if it's on it needs to be fast) and any DOF probably needs to be pretty light on resources/frame rate.

I've looked at the ENB guide and while I have not followed it completely configuration wise I have done things such as put steam in offline mode. I've used Razor Game Booster before but would prefer not to use it. I currently have it setup to load Skyrim Performance Monitor which is set to load Mod Organizer.

I used to use Pineapple Vision ENB (customized so it was less dark) and liked that but it was also similarly heavy on resources (about 50% Framerate loss) and Fimbulwinter is good but too washed out and would need a palette change among other things. Skyrealism looks promising as does Project ENB but I need to get the settings right. I also have seen some amazing pictures using an ENB and mods (a fair number from STEP) here not a fan of all that grass from lush grass and trees however. But I'm looking into the ENB he says he has customized to see how it is.

I've enclosed my .ini files from Mod Organizer's Editor.

If there was a way to make Skyrim open in a borderless window at 1600x900 and fill the screen I'd try that but reducing the resolution from 1920x1080 (for everything) to 1600x900 looks really screwy on my monitor and Borderless window does seem to help with fps a bit.

Ideas?

Also I know Skyrim.ini says it's missing something but I can't find the Warning file to see what.

Skyrim.ini

SkyrimPrefs.ini

• Answers 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

This one should be more along the lines of what you're looking for. Link:

Thanks for the rec. I see it uses 0.166-- how big is the difference, if any between 0.166 and 0.168? Because I'd have to use 0.168, 0.166 isn't available at the ENB website for some reason.

I'll use my settings (using Aiyen's ENB preset as a base) as an example

With Skylighting On

[EFFECT]

UseOriginalPostProcessing=false

UseOriginalObjectsProcessing=false

EnableBloom=true

EnableAdaptation=true

EnableAmbientOcclusion=true

EnableDepthOfField=true

EnableDetailedShadow=true

EnableSunRays=true

EnableSkyLighting=true

With Skylighting Off

[EFFECT]

UseOriginalPostProcessing=false

UseOriginalObjectsProcessing=false

EnableBloom=true

EnableAdaptation=true

EnableAmbientOcclusion=true

EnableDepthOfField=true

EnableDetailedShadow=true

EnableSunRays=true

EnableSkyLighting=false

It is one of the newer features.

Just for reference then the version of ENB only matter up to v.119 if you want to use hardware AA. Do not use any version lower then that since they are entirely obsolete!

Use either version 0.119 or 0.168.

The only thing to pay attention to when picking an ENB preset is if it is made for v.119 or above. Like project ENB is made for v.119. Converting it to something above is possible, but it is not possible to get the same result just by using using a higher version because the higher versions have a different command layout. This means some extra tweaking is required by the user.

If you find an ENB with a color correction scheme you like you can make it performance friendly yourself by just setting a few parameters to false as shown above.

So another Nvidia driver has been released and the ENB sun rays shining through bug still remains. ENB dev's attitude seems to be 'not my problem' and Nvidia seems to be passing over it. Anyone know of any alternative suggestions besides just disabling sun rays?

Since you have been to the ENB forums then you know the story. Until such a time that Boris thinks the issue is pressing then nothing can be done. Unless you really need a newer driver for much better performance in other games then just stick with 314.22.

Call me crazy but I think it may have also fixed the mouth sync -> voice with the new ENB-based vsync. Will need to test more but my voice sync problems are gone since updating...

Still have odd mouth opening occaisionally but its all synced. Will update when I test more tonight.

I am currently in the process of finishing up my preset for v.186 ;)

Also I am converting to ELFX over RLO since it is just superior with the recent update.

Took me hours and hours to make an SOS patch, and reconfigure my relighting Skyrim for it as well... but well worth it!

All people who are on my steam freinds list can just ask nicely for the files and I will send them :P