ENB Recommendations and Framerate Suggestions

phazer11

Question

Alright so I think I have all of my freeze's taken care of, now I just need to get FPS up so it's more playable. Currently with an ENB (doesn't really matter which) I drop to ~18-23 FPS with a max of 25 (32 if I'm lucky and disabled DOF).

I'm using the Skyrim Revisited recommended ENB (Realvision) at the moment with DOF off but it seems lacking for my tastes. I don't care terribly much if I have DOF on or not (if it's on it needs to be fast) and any DOF probably needs to be pretty light on resources/frame rate.

I've looked at the ENB guide and while I have not followed it completely configuration wise I have done things such as put steam in offline mode. I've used Razor Game Booster before but would prefer not to use it. I currently have it setup to load Skyrim Performance Monitor which is set to load Mod Organizer.

I used to use Pineapple Vision ENB (customized so it was less dark) and liked that but it was also similarly heavy on resources (about 50% Framerate loss) and Fimbulwinter is good but too washed out and would need a palette change among other things. Skyrealism looks promising as does Project ENB but I need to get the settings right. I also have seen some amazing pictures using an ENB and mods (a fair number from STEP) here not a fan of all that grass from lush grass and trees however. But I'm looking into the ENB he says he has customized to see how it is.

I've enclosed my .ini files from Mod Organizer's Editor.

If there was a way to make Skyrim open in a borderless window at 1600x900 and fill the screen I'd try that but reducing the resolution from 1920x1080 (for everything) to 1600x900 looks really screwy on my monitor and Borderless window does seem to help with fps a bit.

Ideas?

Also I know Skyrim.ini says it's missing something but I can't find the Warning file to see what.

Skyrim.ini

SkyrimPrefs.ini

• Answers 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Oh great one we are unworthy! JK I'll ask and give some feedback. I'm also switching to ELFX again and since patching it blind gives me the Heebie Geebies and I'm pushing it esp wise I'm disabling Sounds of Skyrim and all related patches. Anyone have able to tell me which ones need patching I'd assume most of the same ones?

I am currently in the process of finishing up my preset for v.186 ;)

Also I am converting to ELFX over RLO since it is just superior with the recent update.

Took me hours and hours to make an SOS patch, and reconfigure my relighting Skyrim for it as well... but well worth it!

All people who are on my steam freinds list can just ask nicely for the files and I will send them :P

I would love to see your patches, and I think I'm not alone:)

Can you upload them somewhere (or maybe create new thread??) with comments/instructions for proper use?:)

Will properly let a few more people test it out, and then try to send it to the author of SOS so he can put it up along with the RLO patch... seems the most decent thing to do. However if Neo is going to do all sorts of magic then I will await his works, since it is most likely superior. Since what I have done is for a complete install of ELFX with Enhancer, not just the basic version.

As for doing it then it is really simple... just REALLY time consuming. You need to make a new patch esp by creating an override from the ELFX enhancer version (if you use that otherwise just the normal .esp) Then from EVERY single cell you copy over the conflicting sounds entry.

And yes.. this needs to be done for EVERY single cell that ELFX touches... and let me just tell you there are silly SILLY many! :)

But other then the odd water level entry as well then that is all there is too it.

Edit: Also the adaptation bug most likely have been there all along, I have never tested the Dawnguard DLC areas so might even have been there with the old version as well. But regardless it was easy to fix.

Yeah me and Aiyen got it fixed this morning. I'm currently running it and it looks good so far I haven't left Fort Dawnguard and the Surrounding Caves since switching to the new version but the Adaptation seems to be working properly now. I'm going to try a short playthrough to see some things and see how the new ENB version looks in the Dawnstar and Winterhold areas now that I have some warm clothes, cloaks, 18 firewood, bandoliers, Oh I need a backpack (goes to kill some more animals). All of my equipment is on hotkey through SkyUI,

Survival Skills and Weathersense are on my number pad and I have enough food to feed a small army. Man I really need that backpack.

Relighting Skyrim made so that the lights have the same color as in ELFX, that way the transition seems less obvious. But I am strange that way, I mix and match all my lighting mods so I get what I really like.

You can just use the DB module from relighting skyrim by itself.

The latest E ENB, is great. made to work with ELFX, and enb v0.188

Only thing i had to do was turn off the Sunrays, coz they seem to go right through everything, but the rest of it is amazing

I think the ENB sunray issue is due to the version of GPU drivers. I think for NVIDIA, you have to stay on 314.22 for now.

Well, the sunrays issue the only thing i had to do with E ENB, the rest of it is amazing. Plus it works with ELFX. I recently swapped from RLO, due to the fact it needs ALOT fewer tes5edit tweaks with other mods