Ars Metallica - Smithing Enhancement (by Arthmoor)

frihyland

I love crafting but it is a sticky subject for me as so many mods add to the crafting lists. I already have a few multiple entries which I assume are arising from seperate mods altering similar entries. It isn't game breaking, just messy.

I may have to be more careful (read: reduce) in mod selection to minimise this. Again it is why I prefer one mod to perform one task and not force several (unless it does it so well the other mods become redundant ;) ).

Any mod concerned with bows and archery are a case in point as so many also offer arrow-crafting/arrow-length/arrow-mesh changes, eventual conflict is inevitable.

Arthmoor is one of the best modders around in my opinion, and was in Oblivion aswell. Love all his work. His mods are always 100% clean and compatible with most things out there (not too surprising considering he also helps out with Wrye Bash/BOSS masterlist updates etc).

Anyway, the mod only conflicts with mods that:

• Alter the recipes for the vanilla ingot formulas
  • Alters the base smelter/tanning rack objects
  • Adds items to chickens/pheasants (made compatible via bashed patch however)
I've been trying it out last 2 days. I use Complete Crafting Overhaul (smithing only version) and ACE Smithing module, and it has seemed perfectly compatible. Recommended.

The lizard man Arthmoor makes a very fine mod. +1 to this.

@TC

I notice that you have been frustrated by conflict checking a few times now. This seems like something quite fundamental to the project that we have not addressed. Would you like the team to investigate solutions?

EDIT: It seems that TES5Edit will not be forthcoming for the foreseeable future. From Elminster:

"I would love to create a TES5Edit, there are no technical reasons why I couldn't. My main problem is available spare time. It takes a large amount of effort and time to properly reverse engineer the file format and create an appropriate record description in source code."

EDIT: It also seems that this respectable team believe he is working on it, stealthily:

https://www.darkcreations.org/forums/topic/1218-replacement-for-tes4edit-or-seeing-the-changed-records/

The specific functionality of TESxEdit has not been replicated, last I heard Elminster was waiting for fully decoded record types before porting to Skyrim, that was in early march. Source .

Unfortunately Skyedit, TESVsnip , and the CK just don't have a conflict checker. You could manually dump all the edits into a spreadsheet and compare the two sheets for overlaps, but thats inefficient to say the least.

The spreadsheet was the sort of quick and dirty interim solution I was thinking about. With a bit of spreadsheet voodoo, I would think that comparing the two sheets would be fairly easy. It's not something I've looked at yet - what would be the process for dumping the edits from the esp?

I'll start a new thread for this.

AndalaBay is working on a port of Gecko for Skyrim which will help modders quite a bit (TES5Gecko here: https://www.darkcreations.org/forums/topi..._hl__gecko), but no, I don't believe anything similar to the TES5Edit conflict resolution or UDR/ITP fixes is being worked on actively, sadly. The discussions you referred to Monty are from february. We can always hope though, TES5Edit would make everyones lives so much easier. I would say that TES5Gecko will definitely help for this aswell in the meantime though considering one of the functions is to compare 2 different plugins side-by-side.

There's a new thread for this now, and I think it's worth discussing further. We don't have much evidence that TES5Edit is still being developed.

Yeah I posted it over there aswell after I noticed that. :)

Tis a shame that he doesn't release the source if he's not going to continue working on it. Even then, I'm sure there are some talented folks that could tackle a new app.

He can't, he used non open source libraries.

Tis a shame that he doesn't release the source if he's not going to continue working on it. Even then' date=' I'm sure there are some talented folks that could tackle a new app.[/quote']He can't' date=' he used non open source libraries.[/quote']Didn't know that...makes sense then.

The lizard man Arthmoor makes a very fine mod. +1 to this.

@TC

I notice that you have been frustrated by conflict checking a few times now. This seems like something quite fundamental to the project that we have not addressed. Would you like the team to investigate solutions?

EDIT: It seems that TES5Edit will not be forthcoming for the foreseeable future. From Elminster:

"I would love to create a TES5Edit, there are no technical reasons why I couldn't. My main problem is available spare time. It takes a large amount of effort and time to properly reverse engineer the file format and create an appropriate record description in source code."

EDIT: It also seems that this respectable team believe he is working on it, stealthily:

https://www.darkcreations.org/forums/topic/1218-replacement-for-tes4edit-or-seeing-the-changed-records/

Dammit, I hope the team will accomplish the task, that utility was very handy.

Anyway, we need a team specialized in conflict hunting, using both the CK and testing ingame, for new mods (expecially future gameplay packs).