Mod Organizer Problems

dailydownloader

Question

Hello Neovalen, I've been following your guide for a long time and appreciate your work.  While using Mod Organizer I've hit a few big frustations that I can't seem to find a solution for.  Mainly I can't use BUM and I can't run Skyrim at all.  Wasn't sure if there was an easy way to transfer over the TES5Edit files and mods to so I can use BUM.  Sorry I'm an absolute noob with this stuff but thanks again.

11 answers to this question

I installed BUM as instructed through NeoValen's guide. It's simply an .exe file on my desktop and when I open it I can't get it to open up mods installed from Mod Organizer. In reply to how I load Skyrim, I do it though the Mod Organizer so it will load the mods installed. Hope that helps.

Yes I made sure to follow those steps before modding. I use SKSE through wyre bash and I got it to open up. My next problem is getting BUM to work through Mod Organizer. I get an error message of failed to spawn "_2F5293DA78665C6D343C82.exe": failed to start process (errorcode 216). Not sure what that means.

In the set up before doing any modding you need to have skse installed in your common\skyrim folder just the .dll and loader.exe files. You then also need BUM, BOSS, WB and TES5Edit installed. Then when you have MO installed you need to add all of the mentioned programs as executables in MO. Skse (the scripts that would otherwise have gone into the data folder) is then installed as your first mod in MO not WB. Wrye BAsh is only used for creating a bashed patch.

Forgive me if I am wrong but it looks from your posts as if you have misunderstood the instructions for setting up MO properly. "I use SKSE through wrye bash" and "I installed BUM as instructed through NeoValen's guide. It's simply an .exe file on my desktop and when I open it I can't get it to open up mods installed from Mod Organizer" both suggest that you have not followed the guide. Programs must be executed through MO in order to use the mods installed in MO.

Anyway I hope this helps point you in the right direction and if not - KEEP CALM (lol).

:)

Okay I made sure to have all programs installed from the guide and made as executables in MO. I can get all executables to work through MO except BUM. In which case I get the same error code. Can I set up the settings in BUM to detect mods installed through MO? Thanks again for your help.

In the set up before doing any modding you need to have skse installed in your common\skyrim folder just the .dll and loader.exe files. You then also need BUM, BOSS, WB and TES5Edit installed. Then when you have MO installed you need to add all of the mentioned programs as executables in MO. Skse (the scripts that would otherwise have gone into the data folder) is then installed as your first mod in MO not WB. Wrye BAsh is only used for creating a bashed patch.

Forgive me if I am wrong but it looks from your posts as if you have misunderstood the instructions for setting up MO properly. "I use SKSE through wrye bash" and "I installed BUM as instructed through NeoValen's guide. It's simply an .exe file on my desktop and when I open it I can't get it to open up mods installed from Mod Organizer" both suggest that you have not followed the guide. Programs must be executed through MO in order to use the mods installed in MO.

Anyway I hope this helps point you in the right direction and if not - KEEP CALM (lol).

:)

Yes I agree which is why I was making sure he followed the first steps part of the guide and then make sure he followed the rest. Now as you said your BUM is on your deskop is that what you are pointing MO to if so are you sure the one on your ddesktop is not a shortcut? My BOSS Userlist Manager is located in my Program Files (x86)

You wont see the installed mods in BUM it only looks for plugins that are not in the BOSS masterlist, which for the most part now are just the patches that you make in the SR guide as far as I know. You should seed your mods in MO.