AMD Control Center

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If any AMD user wants to tackling updating this guide please feel free. It's horribly outdated at the moment. A good reference would be the NVIDIA Inspector Guide.

While I do not use Crossfire, I would be willing to update the guide to not be completely pictorial, and actually be written in words.
That would be fantastic.  I'm not sure what the "ideal" settings are or anything, but if you need instructions or images if it set up properly in the CCC let me know, those are easy.

First thing I did: change the title from AMD Catalyst Control Center to AMD VISION Engine Control Center. Reason being, it looks like AMD changed the name of the tool, and, well, I want to make the name match. (Go ahead and change the title and link of this thread to match.)

First thing I did: change the title from AMD Catalyst Control Center to AMD VISION Engine Control Center. Reason being' date=' it looks like AMD changed the name of the tool, and, well, I want to make the name match. (Go ahead and change the title and link of this thread to match.)[/quote']

Latest version I have is called AMD Catalyst Control Center.

Yea, that's probaly it. I happen to use a APU (specifically, a A10) in my computer, but I didn't really know that the Catalyst Control Center is named differently for users with ones. Probaly going to change the name again to "AMD Catalyst/VISION Engine Control Center", or just call the guide "AMD Catalyst Control Center", with a note that this applies to users using the VISION Engine version as well.

And also if anybody useing the 13.2 beta drivers the layout and options names and such have changed its look and nameing scheme

The layout at least for 3D Application Settings is quite different in version 13.1, which came out fairly recently, of Catalyst Control Center than those in the screenshots in our AMD guide.

Well here is what i have right now. Tell me what you all think

Step 1: Right click on any open space on your desktop and click on AMD VISION Engine Control Center

Step 2:  Look to the right side of the newly open window and click on the Gaming tab. Then click on 3D Application Settings.

Step 3:  Click on the + Add button in the newly open pane to the right. A browse file window should of opened. Search and locate the TESV.exe file within your skyrim folder. Select the TESV.exe file and click Open. A warning will pop up saying "Do you want to override the Pre-defined profile?" Click on Yes then click on OK.

Step 4: Now select the TESV.exe profile that has now appeared below the + Add button.

To change to your desired settings Hover your mouse over said setting and click on the down arrow that will appear to the right. Then just click on your setting you would like.

Step 5:  Change all the settings in the right pane to the corresponding changes in the list below.

Anti-Aliasing

Anti-Aliasing mode: Change this to Override application settings

Anti-Aliasing Samples: Change this to 4x

Filter: Keep at Standard

Anti-Aliasing Method: Change this to Supersampling

Morphological Filtering: Keep at Off

Texture Filtering

Anisotropic Filtering Mode: Change this to Override application settings

Anisotropic Filtering Level: Change this to 16x

Texture Filtering Quality: Change this to High quality

Surface Format Optimization: Keep at On

Frame Rate Control

Wait for Vertical Refresh: Keep at Off, unless application specifies

OpenGL Triple Buffering: Keep at Off

Tessellation

Tessellation Mode: Keep at AMD optimized

Maximum Tessellation Level: Keep at AMD optimized

Step 5:  Now click on Save in the lower right hand corner. Another warning will pop up saying "Do you want to overwrite the existing profile? TESV'exe" Click on Yes then click on OK

Step 6: Play

Only one problem i don't think i have wiki edit access or at least don't know where to click to edit LOL