nVidia GeForce Drivers

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Warning: Do not touch the latest BETA driver with a 10 foot pole... attached to another 10 foot pole. It literally made my computer unusable and I had to recover to safe mode to re-install old drivers.

I never (NEVER) use beta drivers! I like the stability of my computer to stay stable. No IT professional in their right mind would ever recommend beta drivers for anything. Beta drivers are beta for a reason....use at your own risk.

When I installed the newest beta everything seemed fine until about 30 minutes after updating, I get a warning saying that I'm low on memory. Process explorer shows the physical mem at 5.9/6.0GB and system commit at 23 GB and no program was using more that 300MB.

Whatever Nvidia did when they went to the 320 series drivers was not good.

The last two drivers have been terrible. I couldn't even use Firefox anymore without everything periodically freezing. I went back to 314.22 and all my problems went away.

320 series seemed to be the cause of my in-combat freezing. Reverted and its gone since. :)

• 3 months later...

Just a quick piece of info:

The new 331 drivers are completed unstable on my system (all of them). I was getting sporadic driver crashes even on Windows 7. I've reverted back to 327 and things are running smoothly again. So if you're getting a lot of driver crashes, this might be why.

For those that don't know, I'm running a GeForce GTX 460m in my Asus G7.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...