Share your favourite music!

rootsrat

>Moved this as last page was laggy and I wanted to add to it

I think this should be a 'give your thoughts on the music above you' thread and then someone posts their own. Far more interesting and you'll have to listen to it, sparking discussion. It's just a list thread ATM. In any case I'll do this, but a title change would be nice if possible.

Mator that is seriously giving me vibes I can't put down into words. It sounds so familiar but I can't think of the band it sounds like. Maybe it's Coldplay as I'm thinking of Yellow? I like it anyway, bar the fact I think some vocals would not go amiss here personally.

Rebel they are pretty good. They look and dress like a bunch of rejected Star Wars characters though. ::P:  

Took me a while to like Saturnz Barz, but it's actually a pretty cool mashing of genres.

Ess, did you mention Syd Barrett?...

The guy who composed the soundtrack for Life is Strange, Jonathan Morali, usually goes by the pseudonym Syd Matters, which was made by combining and altering Syd Barrett and Roger Waters. That also happens to be the name of his band, which was featured several times in the game soundtrack.

I was a bit confused when I found a record by Albert Hammond Jr. in my dad's old collection a few weeks back. Seemed too much of a coincidence for him to have the exact same name as the rhythm guitarist in the Strokes, and indeed it was not. Turns out they make up a son and father pairing, both of them being named after their respective dads. 

Anyhow, here's a song from the Strokes' latest album:

Edited by MonoAccipiter

• 3 months later...