Sure I'll try yours out couldn't hurt any

#17 Aiyen

Aiyen

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,536 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:25 PM

Memory issues can also come in as freezes like monty says. If something is not written into memory and the game tries to access it then CTD. This is what happens when the game hits the wall. However if the game just needs to swap out a large amount of stuff then perhaps a script gets stuck which cause a freeze. Which is most likely what cause most freezes. If you can still produce your frequent freezes if you save near the locations and then move to them then you might have some mod issues. If you only can get them if you are riding through several cells then the solution is simple.... do not just ride about without saving every few cell changes! The alternative is to reduce the complexity of your mod lists, until the problem goes away. I know you want to be able to just ride about and play the game without a worry, but sadly that is just not possible with such complex lists as is employed here. If you find out which mod has the troublesome script you can ofc. get rid of that mod.

#18 phazer11

phazer11

Chatroom Supervisor

• Super Moderators
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:08 PM

*facepalms* I just realized that I had the unoptimized versions of Immersive Armors and Immersive Weapons so I ticked the correct ones and am testing now. 7hr did you optimize yours? If not you should anyways the Weapons pack is ridiculously unoptimized I did 1k normals and 2k textures and the folder size went from 1.14GB unzipped to 391MBĀ  unzipped (379MB 7zipped). The Armors were somewhat better but were still 949MB unzipped and went down to 306 unzipped (300MB 7zipped)

#19 Freyrgjurd

Freyrgjurd

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:29 PM

I found that a lot of mods aren't optimized, of course, but some of them take a toll for 1mb of difference. Mods that get a lot of small textures (tress, mushrooms, etc) rendered are the worst. The real problema is what can / can't be optimized. Note: Thanks for the tip on Immersive's mods. o/

#20 phazer11

phazer11

Chatroom Supervisor

• Super Moderators
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:25 AM

Nope didn't help (fix the problem) and my RAM peaked at 2500MB and I know it can go to 3GB on my machine before a CTD from the bug.

#21 7hr08ik

7hr08ik

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:59 AM

Well im gonna do a re-install of all my mods. Mainly Coz i cant remember which ones have been DDSopt to 1024 or 2048. Plus this way i can make sure i have all the SR patches in place properly... Only thing i need some help with is the normals....Obv i need to be reducing the normals to half the size of the main textures but how? Do i just filter for _n.dds in DDSopt and then set to half size?

#22 Freyrgjurd

Freyrgjurd

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:27 AM

This is what I do:

1. Unselect everything
2. Filter for *_n.dds and select them.
3. If I used 2k resolutions on the .dds files, I'll select 1k for these. Selecting half-size will reduce 1k to 512 and so on, so I just cap at 1k.

You can read more about it at the DDSOpt Guide over the wiki page:

https://wiki.step-pr...xture_Overhauls

EDIT: Before this pass on the normals, I run only the non _n.dds files.

1. Select everything
2. Filter for *_n.dds and unselect them.
3. Set the resolution cap (4k / 2k / 1k).

NOTE: If I cap the .dds at 1k, I cap normals at 1k too. I don't like the idea of 512 normals :P (Personal Opinion)

#23 DoYouEvenModBro

DoYouEvenModBro

Dragon Prince

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:21 AM

What size is your save file? Have you tried running the "clearinvalidregistrations" command that comes with SKSE? I was getting freezing that would occur for like 10 seconds and then resume normally every minute or so and it turned out to be due to save file bloat which was fixed by the above mentioned console command. Also, and I'm not sure why this works, try to keep only ONE save file in your Skyrim Saves folder. Again, not sure why this works but it has for me in the past. Also, try doing the clean save procedure where you wait 30 days. It clears out bodies and items and might help alleviate some RAM?

#24 phazer11

phazer11

Chatroom Supervisor

• Super Moderators
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:04 PM

We've (as it sounds like he has been as well) been making clean new game saves.

#25 DoYouEvenModBro

DoYouEvenModBro

Dragon Prince

• Members
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:05 PM

We've (as it sounds like he has been as well) been making clean new game saves.

Oh ok, my fault for not seeing that!

#26 phazer11

phazer11

Chatroom Supervisor

• Super Moderators
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:07 PM

But for reference my saves are ~3800-4000kb

#27 DoYouEvenModBro

DoYouEvenModBro

Dragon Prince

• Members
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:12 PM

But for reference my saves are ~3800-4000kb

My save file is currently 16 mb but that's with like 200 hours on it.

#28 torminater

torminater

Dragon Prince

• Contributors
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:10 PM

3-4 MB is a very small save. Are you actually using any mods?

#29 phazer11

phazer11

Chatroom Supervisor

• Super Moderators
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:25 PM

Yup full Skyrim Revisited but as I said I've only got up to an hour on it. Still trying to sort out the freezing. On that note while I was riding around I noticed several spots where it seemed to freeze but recovered almost instantaneously I don't know if it has to do with my increased frame rates from disabling vsync or not. I'm getting between 45-86FPS on horseback without ENB without VSync enabled. They seem like stutters so I need to find a way to eliminate them or reduce their numbers

#30 Freyrgjurd

Freyrgjurd

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:27 PM

It's a freeze or a FPS drop ? If it's a fps drop you VRAM may be filled and the game freezes a bit while changing cell and loading new information / swapping current information with system memory.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users