125 replies to this topic

#46 Freyrgjurd

Freyrgjurd

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:48 PM

Recommend disabling environment mods first, like WATER. Going to see if I can reproduce that on my test bed. Tested it. No problems. Full Baseline STEP used. From step 2 onwards. Didn't use Alternate Start. Used coc qasmoke at main menu, waited for all mods to load, coc MarkarthExterior10, bought the horse and so on.

#47 phazer11

phazer11

Chatroom Supervisor

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:11 PM

Anyone tried taking Sounds of Skyrim out of the picture? I didn't seem to have any problems from the test I did out in the wilderness but I did get infinite loading screens coming out of Jorrvaskr Living Quarters

#48 Freyrgjurd

Freyrgjurd

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:43 AM

That one I had even without SoS. Right now, I'm using SoS (Dungeons, Wilds, Civilization) with the crash fixes (just false-flagged .esps) and everything is ok. Actualy, no problems at all so far.

#49 7hr08ik

7hr08ik

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:11 AM

Im using SOS all-3. But im using SR so i spent 3 weeks applying the ginormous list of tweaks supplied by neovalen. Before i re-installed i did try removing all my sound mods, but it was still crashing. Im just in the process of going through and testing the freeze locations and tweaking the mod list.

#50 7hr08ik

7hr08ik

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:14 AM

i did get an infinite load screens issue after my re-install, but i just removed all the extra loadscreen mods apart from 3D Loadscreens and that fixed it.

#51 Aiyen

Aiyen

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • 3,536 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:26 AM

From step 2 onwards. Didn't use Alternate Start. Used coc qasmoke at main menu, waited for all mods to load, coc MarkarthExterior10, bought the horse and so on.

You cannot use coc to test this sadly! Since if you use coc to start the game all script based mods do not load properly! 
You can see this by the fact that most of the mods do not even have their MCM menus up. 

I loaded up the game and started with my Hircines quest freeze. Fresh game, left all the MCM mod settings on default, and i managed to get all the way through the quest and run back to whiterun......Eureka you might think......but no...

You have to start up a game where you have activated mods like frostfall etc. By default many mods are not activated, hence you cannot test for script stability. 

Also in general I just found AS too unstable... it is a cool mod and I somewhat wish I could use it.  But I just looking at the massive amount of patches etc that Neo has made shows just how silly such a change is in fact. However I can understand why people would want it to stay in since it is an awesome mod, and it works flawlessly on some setups. 

Testing SOS should be simple enough since you can configure it ingame and disable the entire wilderness setting for testing purposes. 

#52 7hr08ik

7hr08ik

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:38 AM

I agree to your comment on the first quote....no idea why he`d start the game with coc But your comment on my quote....I am starting the properly, through AS, i was just stating that i am testing my list by loading the game up new, and not changing any setting inside the MCM menu. Havn`t though about trying the game without AS, it just comes in very handy when testing the game, and mod lists out 10-15 times in a day. Might try without it. Doesn`t really change gameplay, just makes it fast to get into the game

#53 Aiyen

Aiyen

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • 3,536 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:21 AM

coc is usable if you just want to get into a specific location to test something fast! It is for example invaluable if you are making an ENB preset! ;) However absolutely useless when testing script stability since something goes wrong when starting the game like that! As for your part 7hr08ik . Then I am just stating that if you start a new game with the default settings, then certain mods are not even activated! As such you do not really test for script stability since not all script based mods are running. If you do not start frostfall and realistic needs for example, you will get a more stable game then with them on. I used those two to isolate my memory issues with script based mods when I went through what you are now.

#54 phazer11

phazer11

Chatroom Supervisor

• Super Moderators
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:46 PM

Ok here are some logs Papyrus.0 I left the game running for an hour or so for giggles. I exit markarth after crafting go past koleskegarr mine and am halfway to karthwasten before I hit my first actual CTD in a long while. I checked it wasn't a RAM issue I was using 2304MB RAM and 1980 VRAM at time of crash. The other is a freeze IIRC. TBH I switched profiles and forgot to disabled logging but maybe it will be helpful.

Attached Files

#55 7hr08ik

7hr08ik

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:45 AM

OK, well last night just before i was order to bed by the GF....yes i have an actual GF....lol shes real and everything Aaaaaanyway.....i spotted this.....https://forum.step-project.com/showthread.php?tid=2265&pid=32992#pid32992 ....... Take off SMIM and any related mods (which i think is just the wearable lanterns SMIM patch) Thought....meh, cant hurt to try....ULREEKKAAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAK!!!!!! I loaded up the game, started in markarth, tgm, bought a horse, and set convenient horses to 100% extra speed and 1000 extra stanima. I sprinted on the horse all the way to the mine. Killed the forsworn, sprinted all the way up to the bridge, over the bridge, all the way to whiterun, all the way past whiterun, all the way to riverwood. At that point i got shouted at and wandered to bed with my tail between my legs like a *****. So today im going to re-add AV, and Dual Sheath, and Test it again. And this time im gonna set up all the mods in MCM menu correctly, and see what happens. Give it a try....take off SMIM....think about it...what does it actually add anyway.....if and when you really look at an apple, it`s not quite as lumpy...lol, no really it is a good mod but something in it, is causing memory loading issues in large open spaces

#56 Aiyen

Aiyen

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • 3,536 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:46 AM

The most noticeable change SMIM does is chains and ropes. You can clearly see a difference when if you just check riverwood. Also skeletons are rather noticeable imo. As for the other stuff.. you can just disable that in the installer! It is true that certain areas of the game just get a massive increase in required memory etc. due to many vastly more complex meshes.

#57 7hr08ik

7hr08ik

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:22 PM

Well, removing SMIM has taken out most of the freeze issues. But now im stuck with a few purple textures/missing textures......every now and then i find a purple skeever. And most noticably, all the giants are invisible with giant floating purple axes???

#58 rootsrat

rootsrat

Dragon Prince

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,906 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:58 PM

Do you use Automatic Variants? If so, place all the pack you downloaded back in the relevant folder and rerun the patcher Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

#59 Aiyen

Aiyen

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • 3,536 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:17 PM

It is true that certain areas of the game just get a massive increase in required memory etc. due to many vastly more complex meshes.

Okay you silly person, you are just plain wrong! Go and hide in shame somewhere and never return! :( 

Okay in a more serious manner, I have to correct myself here! 

Meshes themselves should not increase memory use significantly, since after all they are basically just dots with 3d space coordinates... not really something that requires loads and loads of memory. There is a slight increase in memory used, but it is not super massive! 

I am sorry for making that claim... part ignorance, part brain fart! 

But now im stuck with a few purple textures/missing textures......every now and then i find a purple skeever. And most noticably, all the giants are invisible with giant floating purple axes???

Have you installed Skyrim Immersive creatures properly ? That would be the most likely culprint. 
If it was just AV then the vanilla textures should take over. With SIC then entirely new textures are used. 

#60 7hr08ik

7hr08ik

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:04 PM

i just came back on to say i figured out it was immersive creatures....forgot to use "integrated installer" all sorted....now i can use my current mod list and setup on a good long test through the game... So far all seems to be working well, the known freeze points are all kool, aside from a few random twitches when out and about... to be expected i suppose with the huge amount of mods

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users