125 replies to this topic

#76 7hr08ik

7hr08ik

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:12 PM

yeah, just make sure the AV files in "overwrite" are deleted first. Optimize the files in mods folder then re-run AV. Just to make sure AV uses the new optimized files

#77 Copywrite85

Copywrite85

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:57 PM

Even DDSopting mods to the size they already are can help. The amount of textures that arn`t optimized fully is amazing. Try doing all of your mods at 2048x2048 first. (it wont upscale anything just sets the MAX size to 2048x2048)

Do "The big 3" at 1024x1024 - SRO, Skyrim HD, Serious HD, Failing that, do your mods with half sized normals. Honestly. you wont notice any difference in quality, but you will notice a dramatic drop in RAM usage

Arent you not supposed to optimize water and blood textures or they screw up?

#78 Copywrite85

Copywrite85

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:58 PM

Ok.  So I finished optimizing a crap load of mods...  I played for about 30 minutes and was able to complete the outdoor quest I kept ctding on.  System ram peaked at 1.8 and vram peaked at about 1.5.  I didn't notice any quality degradation or missing textures.  Ofcourse I didn't play for very long and this is something I find myself doing...I take a break after a small victory so I can wear a smile on my facefor a little bit before I ultimately start ctding again.  I do not have any other plans after this so hopefully this is finally it.  Those memory statistics are about as low as anyone could hope for I'd like to think.  On a side not my improved closed face helmets still isn't working so I', prob just going to give up on it.

#79 Copywrite85

Copywrite85

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:58 AM

Still freezing outside.  Seems to be less but its still there.  What should I try next?  Removing SMIM?

#80 7hr08ik

7hr08ik

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:21 AM

I removed SMIM and it fixed ALOT of my freezes, but now im using it again. But im not using AV, coz it does add alot of stress to the outdoors... Heres my current mod list...All have been DDSopt`d to the settings in my other post

#81 7hr08ik

7hr08ik

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:26 AM

Just try taking off AV, and load a fresh game up into Markarth home, set convienient horses to 1000% extra stamina and 100% speed. Run to the know freeze point and keep going all the way to whiterun. Then turn round and run to falkreath to test the other known freeze point. This is how i was testing my game when setting it up and making this thread. It only takes about 20 mins from starting character to test both of these points (in 1 run through) p.s. your not using any of the z-fighting tweaks are you? they tend to screw things up

#82 Aiyen

Aiyen

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,536 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:12 AM

Or the alternative and MUCH faster method...when in the main menu open the console and type coc riverwood player.setav speedmult 500 tgm Close console and then run to enable the faster move speed. Now see how many times you can run about the world.... I can currently do on average 1.5 times before I get a freeze. Alternatively you can use higher speed mult values.. however then you start to move so fast that the cells do not even load in sometimes :) Or they do and you freeze up faster... I found 500 to be a fairly good middleground.

#83 Copywrite85

Copywrite85

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:48 AM

Interesting testing grounds.  Well I was using these weird cpu tweaks and deviant papyrus settings when I posted last night.  I went back to bread and butter ini settings last night after posting and managed to play for 2 hours straight.  *fingers crossed

#84 Copywrite85

Copywrite85

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:42 AM

In regards to trouble shooting ctds/freezes. Would a good place to start be removing mods that are non functional in game? The esps clearly are conflicting with something...maybe it extends past non functionality to malignancy. I'm thinking of axing the four improved closed face helmets esps; its not like they do their job or anything.

#85 Aiyen

Aiyen

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,536 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:12 AM

Depends on what you are doing when the CTD happens... if you are trying to craft something and you get a CTD then it is most likely related to mods that deal with that. If you CTD when talking to a specific actor ingame then the issue might be with mods that alter that actor. If you know which part of the game is part of the CTD then you can track down the objects formID and then use Tes5edit to look up that ID to see which mods conflict if any. Then at least you can rule out mod conflict as part of the issue.

#86 Wormheart

Wormheart

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:40 PM

If one of your crashing area's is around Falkreath, Birds of Skyrim might be the cause. It has some problem navmeshes. I managed to clean my copy up quite a bit. Basically it added some navmeshes to the roof of a few locations but did so by adding\merging them with existing navmeshes rather than making them separate. The merging caused some navmesh deletions if I recall correctly. And Falkreath wasn't the only area where this happened but it needed the most cleanup.

#87 Copywrite85

Copywrite85

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:13 PM

for a collection of 4 hours of game play last night and tonight ive had one ctd just travelling in the wilds and 1 freeze (a vampire attacked me in a house and a bunch of spells were thrown at once).  I'm thinking of deleting immersive weapons/armors...maybe that will add stability.  Also those two mods don't seem to be compatible with Skyre, there statistics are WAY out of wack in regards to Skyre. I'm also going to retry the frostfall suggested papyrus settings and see which one works best.

#88 7hr08ik

7hr08ik

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:14 PM

Best thing to do IMHO, is DDSopt your mods, make sure you`ve got all of the SR patches, take out little mods that dont really do alot, such as birds of skyrim, wet n cold, footprints, etc. Use only the ini settings in SR guide. Don`t bother with any sudo-science tweaks for optimizing the game etc, they dont work. And most important....get your load order sorted, then start a new game! all the scripts from old mods, the changes they make, adding new things into old saves etc....never ever good

#89 Copywrite85

Copywrite85

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:48 PM

Hey guys, good news.  I managed to fix improved closed face helmets by disabling the imp-no cloth esp.  Also it seems like I have fixed immersive weapons and armors with Skyre by following this thread  https://forums.nexus...rmors-6/page-88 .  So if anyone was having similar problems to me hopefully this helps.

#90 Copywrite85

Copywrite85

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:49 PM

Best thing to do IMHO, is DDSopt your mods, make sure you`ve got all of the SR patches, take out little mods that dont really do alot, such as birds of skyrim, wet n cold, footprints, etc. Use only the ini settings in SR guide. Don`t bother with any sudo-science tweaks for optimizing the game etc, they dont work.

And most important....get your load order sorted, then start a new game! all the scripts from old mods, the changes they make, adding new things into old saves etc....never ever good

I'm thinking of ddsopting my ENTIRE folder with 2048 constraint (so it doesn't actually change the size).  Then removing blood and water from my optimized folder.  This will make sure every single texture in my game is ddsopted formatted but not resized...is this a good idea?  I just use Boss and BUM for load order...is there anything else I should be using?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users