General questions about SR

Yea, I meant I'd hate going 1k exteriors and 2k interiors because I'd rather have them both either 1k or 2k.

:]

Why does it matter that they're different resolutions? I think the goal is to have as many 2k textures as possible without constantly breaking the 3GB barrier. This means that you'll have to sacrifice a little quality somewhere, and exterior textures are the place to do this for a variety of reasons.
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This way I have a little extra headroom and my game is more consistent/ balanced out texture wise.

There is a big difference in quality 1k vs 2k and I'd rather have it all smoothed out.

Also, I'm using every mod in SR + SkyRe and Dragon Combat Overhaul.

I want no ctd's from reaching the 3.0 ram limit at all.

I know it's safe to remove the High Rez DLC esp's when we extract all the files from bsa and optimize but is it safe to remove the 3 bsa's as well?

Would this save us load time?

I keep all this stuff in a backup folder.

This way I have a little extra headroom and my game is more consistent/ balanced out texture wise.

There is a big difference in quality 1k vs 2k and I'd rather have it all smoothed out.

Also, I'm using every mod in SR + SkyRe and Dragon Combat Overhaul.

I want no ctd's from reaching the 3.0 ram limit at all.

I know it's safe to remove the High Rez DLC esp's when we extract all the files from bsa and optimize but is it safe to remove the 3 bsa's as well?

Would this save us load time?

I keep all this stuff in a backup folder.

bsa's aren't loading if checkboxes for them in BSA's tab of mod organaizer unchecked. No need to remove files.

Any rule of thumb for SMIM?

Is half texture install the way to go?

"Install everything" and resize textures and normal maps to desired resolution. From ancient times installer was a little bugged if not "install everything" choice have been made. May be it's fixed now, I don't know.

Personally, I use 1k resolution for all textures and normals, except items (weapons, armors, misc etc.) and actors (I use 2k textures for these categories)

I was just done with installing step 2.2.6 (took me 3 days) when I found this out. I see a lot of things that are the same, but also a lot of extras what I already wanted to try (like ENB's) but didn't know if it would work with step. But I'm a little anxious to follow this guide.

I got some questions. I see a lot of stuff that has to be adjusted manually. Is there a risk that I ruin my entire game, and have to start over installing everything? And is is hard to do? Sees to me it's a tedious job to do?

I don't have the DLC's, so I can skip the remarks and handling about those right?

You don't edit USKP esp. You forward the changes (fixes) USKP makes onto the other mods, that are installed/loaded after it. But yeah, there is quite a lot of stuff to do.

You want a stable game, there is a price to pay I'm afraid. If you're not prepared, you'll have to live with CTD's :)

I'm on my way, finished the foundations part last night, its not as hard as I thought it would be, just time consuming.

I got one problem.

Every now and then I startup the game through skse and start a new game to test if it still works. After you wake up in the cart, the far horizon has a blue stripe, and the mountains on the far horizon are white, the mountains nearby are normal grey and look fine.

If I start the vanilla game the horizon looks fine?

What could this be? Or will it be fixed later on after I'm done installing everything?

I'm on my way, finished the foundations part last night, its not as hard as I thought it would be, just time consuming.

I got one problem.

Every now and then I startup the game through skse and start a new game to test if it still works. After you wake up in the cart, the far horizon has a blue stripe, and the mountains on the far horizon are white, the mountains nearby are normal grey and look fine.

If I start the vanilla game the horizon looks fine?

What could this be? Or will it be fixed later on after I'm done installing everything?

Perhaps sky textures from Project reality, textures for distant objects(mountains) [weren't installed]/[optimized with wrong settings]

try to deactivate packages that provides landscape textures and sky textures to be sure.