#1 stoppingby4now

stoppingby4now

Sleepy

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,419 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:15 PM

Wiki Information
Along with the forum, we also have a Wiki setup for maintaining guides, technical documents, and anything that can be useful for capturing information related to Skyrim and/or STEP. By default, the Wiki is closed to edits to anonymous users, but they have access to read the pages.

The Wiki is now tied to the forums for authentication, meaning that you will only have one log-in for both with the same password. Session sharing is not yet implemented, so the log-in process will be separate for both.

Having an account on MyBB will not grant the ability to log-in immediately. Permissions will still need to be granted, and requests for edit access to the Wiki can be placed in this forum. Only users with 30 or more mostly-productive forum posts and no negative historical conduct will be considered for wiki write permissions.

One thing to note is that if you've logged into the Wiki before being granted write access, you will need to logout and login again in order for the appropriate permissions to be granted.

If you have not yet checked out the Wiki (still a WIP), head on over.

#2 blacksol

blacksol

Guard

• Citizen
  • 125 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:21 AM

Can the main wiki page be updated with links to the various pages, eg Wyre guide, Skyrim Overhaul discussion, etc?

#3 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,082 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:37 AM

You can get to the guides from the main page

#4 blacksol

blacksol

Guard

• Citizen
  • 125 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:42 AM

oops yes you can (should have checked before posted) but SRO wiki page is not linked from elsewhere on wiki (unless I missed the link)

#5 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrator
  • 7,082 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:49 AM

Correct. Farlo has not yet set up the base structure it appears ...

#6 Farlo

Farlo

Jarl

• Founder
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,963 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:32 AM

Am I missing part of a conversation? I haven't yet made a page for SRO, I'm trying to get the general template done first, then I'll start making the pages that are confirmed for the next version of STEP. If you'd like to help in this process (it requires very little Wiki knowledge, although it's a plus) send me a PM with some basic info and whatnot. Once the template's done and it's just a question of mass production I'll make a more formal "recruitment" post for potential editors.

#7 frihyland

frihyland

Dwemer Lord

• Founder
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:32 AM

Yeah I was wondering where that came from as well, I think its a misunderstanding.

#8 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrator
  • 7,082 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:32 AM

my misunderstanding then :P I didn't realize that Skyrim HD for ex was not already a page on the wiki that was simply not linked to on the main page somehow. Templates make good sense, sorry for introducing any confusion :wacko:

#9 Bealdwine

Bealdwine

Elder STEPsman

• Founder
  • Pip
  • 270 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:21 PM

Could I request edit permissions please. :)

#10 stoppingby4now

stoppingby4now

Sleepy

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,419 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:44 PM

Could I request edit permissions please. :)

Ye have been granted.

#11 frihyland

frihyland

Dwemer Lord

• Founder
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:48 PM

Isn't it automatic for Admins?

#12 Bealdwine

Bealdwine

Elder STEPsman

• Founder
  • Pip
  • 270 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:08 PM

Not sure it was , but either way I've been perma-logged in since it started up so had to re-log to activate the permissions.

#13 stoppingby4now

stoppingby4now

Sleepy

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,419 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:18 PM

Duh...you are correct. How quickly I forget. :P

#14 frihyland

frihyland

Dwemer Lord

• Founder
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:23 PM

There is an issue with having to log out and back in order to receive the correct privileges, that's what happened. Not a big deal as long as every knows that.

#15 stoppingby4now

stoppingby4now

Sleepy

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,419 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:32 PM

Unfortunately there isn't a way around that as far as I can tell. The hooks that are used to update user information occur either when the user first logs in and the account is created for the first time in MW's database, or when the user does a subsequent login later on. EDIT: I updated the OP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users