Wiki Information

stoppingby4now

Question

Wiki Information

Along with the forum, we also have a Wiki setup for maintaining guides, technical documents, and anything that can be useful for capturing information related to Skyrim and/or STEP. By default, the Wiki is closed to edits to anonymous users, but they have access to read the pages.

The Wiki is now tied to the forums for authentication, meaning that you will only have one log-in for both with the same password. Session sharing is not yet implemented, so the log-in process will be separate for both.

Having an account on MyBB will not grant the ability to log-in immediately. Permissions will still need to be granted, and requests for edit access to the Wiki can be placed in this forum. Only users with 30 or more mostly-productive forum posts and no negative historical conduct will be considered for wiki write permissions.

One thing to note is that if you've logged into the Wiki before being granted write access, you will need to logout and login again in order for the appropriate permissions to be granted.

If you have not yet checked out the Wiki (still a WIP), head on over.

• Answers 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Am I missing part of a conversation? I haven't yet made a page for SRO, I'm trying to get the general template done first, then I'll start making the pages that are confirmed for the next version of STEP. If you'd like to help in this process (it requires very little Wiki knowledge, although it's a plus) send me a PM with some basic info and whatnot. Once the template's done and it's just a question of mass production I'll make a more formal "recruitment" post for potential editors.

Unfortunately there isn't a way around that as far as I can tell. The hooks that are used to update user information occur either when the user first logs in and the account is created for the first time in MW's database, or when the user does a subsequent login later on.

EDIT: I updated the OP.

Can I request edit permissions? Mainly for one page https://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Skyrim_Installation]here[/url]

Vista x64 is not buggy, it's in fact based off close to the same platform as Windows 7. You even use the same drivers. The kernels are practically the same, and none of the support software (ie. notepad, explorer, etc) are any more or less buggy than in W7.