#1 torminater

torminater

Dragon Prince

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:52 AM

Hey guys,
found a source on the internet saying it knows fixes for everything and anything in skyrim here's all the data they threw out (I posted it here cuz their website was always redirecting me to some commercial junk...)
I would like to test all of those things recommended but it's kinda hard to simulate game crashes on a different rig than the one causing problems...

#2 MontyMM

MontyMM

High King

• Site Founders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:09 AM

Hmm. Activates maximum scepticism mode :geek: This looks like a lot of rehashed and speculative information, pasted up to get hits for their commercial junk. I have a lot more faith in the Z-fighting tweaks you've developed with your own patient testing. :yes:

#3 torminater

torminater

Dragon Prince

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:15 AM

I didn't say I trust in this site, but some fixes might actually work!

#4 MontyMM

MontyMM

High King

• Site Founders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:38 AM

Some of the simple tweaks, like the FOV settings, do work, but are already well known. It might be good to add things like that to the wiki. The 'fixes' that involve resolving crashes by running in compatibility mode and such like, sound a bit tenuous. As you say, we can't really test them.

#5 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,326 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:39 PM

Agree that this stuff is all either known or generic "fixes" compiled from "Win 7 tips and tweaks" type sites. I can agree with the sound card tweaks as not being as widely known, but the rest is mostly drivel.

#6 bitdman

bitdman

Thane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:46 PM

This stuff goes back to the days of Morrowind. Mostly wishfull thinking. I think-ing

I jumped the gun in making this statement. Upon further review these fixes or at least some of them may help. please ignore this post!
Thanx!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users