Road texture, inverted?

7hr08ik

Question

Hey guys, just a quick question.

The road textures in Skyrim Realistic Overhaul seem to me, to be inverted. They look like the boulders are going into the ground not coming out of it.

How can i fix this? I have no idea what im doing with editing textures, but to me these deffinately need sorting out.

Road with SRO

Posted Image

Road without SRO

Posted Image

To me this is really noticable and its starting to get distracting

6 answers to this question

The SRO one has a different specularity map on it, which makes the stones shine more. That is what you are seeing.

It is not because they are "inverted"... which makes no sense since a texture is a 2d plane with just one side. ;)

if you are using an ENB (Which it looks like you are with that high glow) then you can reduce the effect by a large amount in the ingame GUI. SpecularAmountMultiplierDay under ENVIRONMENT.´

edit: Ups looked at them in the wrong order. But the point remains. The SRO version glows less because it has a changed map.

I honestly cannot see the issue. When I look at the textures they look perfectly fine.

Even went ingame and they still look fine.

In order to alter the sense of depth of the texture try to restore its 2k normal map, which would make the fine details of depth more sharp.

Could also be because your ddsopting of the texture has altered its alpha levels so they look slightly off. Again try to restore the full 2k versions from SRO.

Other then that you need a new texture entirely. I do not recall if project parallax affects roads. It is very limited to only certain textures, and most of those are in cities, but please do experiment! :)

Its always been there. Even before DDSopt. Its just with the SRO textures. to me, i look at it, and i see the boulders dipping into the ground.

But i`m now using parallax and it`s definately sorted the issue for me. It`s almost asif the SRO textures were made with parallax in mind. Parallax, has got 6 mods that i can see..roads, mountains, and 4 cities.

Glad to hear it has helped. Do keep in mind that you might get certain artifacts when using parrallaxing, even a few more when using ENB. In those cases it is part of the deal.

As I recall then it is some flickering etc. of certain textures when viewed from certain distances.