Civil War Overhaul (by Apollodown)

EssArrBee

Yeah. That makes sense. The mod actually does not really conflict with much. At least from what I can tell. None of the ones rootsrat mentioned to any harmful effect. So, if one was worried about compatibility issues..... so far so good I would say.

I've been wondering that for some time now' date=' does the Overhaul add the execution part in Markarth after you take it to the Stormcloaks ?[/quote']

im not exactly sure what youre referring to.. is what you are describing an event that happens when you side with the stormcloaks? or legion?

What say you guys about adding this mod now to a new game? Nexus is full of horror stories. With a full Skryim Revisited install + Skyre on top and some other mods I try not to go overboard with bugged out mods. One of this scope especially. How has your experiences been?

if you read my previous posts you will see that i have had nothing but positive experiences with this mod.

one thing to note is that you must always take 'horror stories' with a grain of salt. there is no way to know what settings, additional mods, potential conflicts, etc. a person has when they report these horror stories and claim that mod X or mod Y is the root of their troubles.

Here is what I can tell you:

1. the author of this mod is very well-informed and educated in what he does. He may put some people off a little bit because of his odd mod page descriptions, but for the most part he's earned the right to say just about anything he wants. Of course we are all human and errors can be made that manifest in bugs. This however is a normal part of software/mod development. Bugs pop up sometimes because of author error, sometimes because of unforseen/unintended interactions between different parts of the game. Regardless, any major problems with the mod would be fixed very quickly. Other small bugs that may be related to the use of other mods might not get addressed as quickly. Whatever the case may be.. at the end of the day, you have to know which mod authors you can trust. For me, this is one of those authors. You may decide not to use a mod of his based on your preference or whatever, but I wouldn't doubt the integrity of his work.

2. I have used the mod on a new game with a full STEP install and a few other small mods and have zero problems. The character is now around level 55 and still going strong, with the civil war questline completed by level 35 (i chose imperial side). I have read some of the problems that people have experienced but i have not had any of them. There are so many variables at play when it comes to troubleshooting problems and/or "bugs" ... the moral of the story is this: try things out for yourself -- learn which modders in the community actually know what they are doing ... those who have either put in a ton of effort and took the time to learn the craft, or those who already have professional careers somewhere in the industry (or have in the past).

Hey folks, i started a new game with my old SR install and civil war overhaul and dragon combat overhaul. The whiterun dragon fight was kind of funky, since the dragon flew some weird manouvres and landed inside the tower were he instantly killed me. However i went to windhelm after this ferocious fight and took the quest to kill the ice wraith which i eventually completed. I then talked to galmar, he took my oath, tells meto make a trip with him, but wgen i ask how i can help he cries: we're taking whiterun!!! Plus the quest stage for tge jagged crown never updates to send me to korvanjund. Afaik CWO doesb't get overwritten neither file nor edit wise in my install. I'll probably have to set the queststage manually. Just telling you guys that not everything works out yet with this really interesting mod.

So after doing some console hacking I managed to get the quest line moving again. All the stormcloaks but Galmar would show up at the meeting point, but when I slaughetered the imperials outside of that nordic ruin and entered it Galmar popped up together with the others. He exited the dungeon and gave his speech in front of it, and since then everything went alright (still not in the final room with the jagged crown yet...)

• 2 weeks later...

Next issue when siding with the stormcloaks:

I gave the axe back to Ulfric, but he didn't give me the order to attack whiterun, instead, he gave me the reward for taking whiterun - which I hadn't done yet. Weird enough, the quest line won't proceed without me hacking console commands into skyrim... hell yeah.

EDIT: Fixed that with the fixme-tool, but ugh, ok, my save is lost to CWO... cannot proceed by any means to attack falkreath. Too bad...

• 1 month later...

Civil War Overhaul 2.0 has been released. It allegedly fixes all the bugs present from 1.1.

Reports from the forums have been light though. Anybody start a new game with it?

I am going to start a new game with all three of his mods. DCO, CWO and the new fire and ice overhaul mod. Its going to be Skyrim Revisited (all mods updated) + SkyRe and ASIS installed with the STEP guide.