State of Skyrim Revisited Updates

Enhanced Enemy AI is 100% safe to use with SR, it only edit the vanilla combat style to make them more aggressive.

I put it waaay down in my loadorder to be sure it overwrite any mod that change the combat style. (last in loadorder)

for Dynavision, when I tested it a while ago the effect wasn't that good and in addition it uses script to work.

You are better off using a ENB for depth of fields.

IF you must absolutely have it then you'de be happy to know it's compatible with SR, but beware of potential savegame bloat.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the responses guys.  If anyone has a link to Iroha's Immersive patrols and ASIS guide I would appreciate that.  Maybe I should get rid of Dynavision then; I always thought it would have been safe due to the fact its a mod by the almighty Gopher man.

Iroha's Guide: [basic Guide] Installing ASIS and SkyRe with some additional stuff

Dynavsion should be OK aslong as you don't remove it from a current save.

It stores several global into the save file which, I think, can lead to save game bloat.

That's my understanding of it anyway.

I took a week off work so i could do Skyrim revisted and test it lol... My System Ram is bursting.  I dont think I'm having ctds due to mod conflicts (like I used to), Its based solely on SRAM bursting.  Textures turn blank white and about 3000 ram and then I ctd.  I have selected the entire Mod organizer/Mod folder and Have DDSOPT optimizing everything in there.  I will then drag the new optimized folder and replace everything in there right now.  Really hopes this gets my game stable, SR was allot of work and after 2 months of trying STEP, if this doesn't work I may just tap out.  lol :*(

For Immersive Patrols, there is a small conflict with SkyTEST for Mammoth Faction that you should probably patch. IP basically adds a new XNAM - Relation that you'll probably want to combine with the two from SkyTEST. Otherwise I recommend this mod for SR as well.

I took a week off work so i could do Skyrim revisted and test it lol... My System Ram is bursting.  I dont think I'm having ctds due to mod conflicts (like I used to)' date=' Its based solely on SRAM bursting.  Textures turn blank white and about 3000 ram and then I ctd.  I have selected the entire Mod organizer/Mod folder and Have DDSOPT optimizing everything in there.  I will then drag the new optimized folder and replace everything in there right now.  Really hopes this gets my game stable, SR was allot of work and after 2 months of trying STEP, if this doesn't work I may just tap out.  lol :*([/quote']

Ok don't DDSOpt your entire ModOrganizer folder as there are some which shouldn't be optimized! Don't optimized water textures and certain mods like Enhanced Blood Textures require selective optimization as some of the files shouldn't be optimized. As for the time investment I feel your pain.

Enhanced Enemy AI is 100% safe to use with SR, it only edit the vanilla combat style to make them more aggressive.

I put it waaay down in my loadorder to be sure it overwrite any mod that change the combat style. (last in loadorder)

for Dynavision, when I tested it a while ago the effect wasn't that good and in addition it uses script to work.

You are better off using a ENB for depth of fields.

IF you must absolutely have it then you'de be happy to know it's compatible with SR, but beware of potential savegame bloat.

I just decided to swap out Duel - Combat Realism for the combination of Enhanced Enemy AI and Locational Damage. I do want to point out that there are seven Combat Style conflicts between Enhanced Enemy AI and Extensible Follower Framework. If you load EEAI at the very bottom, you should be fine. Otherwise you'll probably want to make a patch.

I love Locational Damage, that mod needs much more attention. Why couldn't Skyrim get that, didn't Falout 3 have it?

I never used ERSO since it just seemed to big at the time, but now that Erkeil has spun off some of the modules I use those. Enhanced Enemy AI was sorely needed by a game that really lacks any type of dynamic difficulty progression.

I used Enhanced Enemy AI with my recent install of most of SR + SkyRe (no ASIS). It was just a quick and dirty (8 hours) install with no editing and probably 90% of the mods from SR plus a few extras I added.

I wasn't wow'ed by the mod, but I didn't see anything stupid happen either. It's the only AI mod I have used so I can't compare it to others. I think I will try SkyRe enemy AI next time. I will say the enemies were agressive as were my followers, it was mostly straight up charge eachother and go at it style. When I did a brawl against Uthgerd she pretty much powered attacked 90% of the time, which I think was a bad decision based on the way SkyRe combat works (being very stamina dependent) but I didn't see that type of behavior in regular combat. 

I was using multiple followers, Lydia (sword and shield) and Uthgerd (2H), Faendal (bow) and Jzargo ( destruction mage). I used 3 at a time. I was a destruction mage. Like I said, I didn't see much (if any) defensive AI from my companions, it was more charge and hack- same with the opponents. I didn't run into many shield wielding foes except for the falmer and I honestly cant remember seeing anyone using their shield, like ever. I feel that might be a part where SkyRe AI might be better? I did notice that enemies didn't bunch up tight together, but tended to spread out a bit.. same with Lydia and Uthgerd. Faendal absolutely refused to use a bow when given a crossbow (I hope the bow damage enchant affects crossbows too, otherwise he's a doofus) and he kept a good distance when fighting. Perhaps too far really, Im not really sure how effective he was, but I did find a lot of his bolts on dead bodies especially dragons so he must've been hitting them. Jzargo was the most effective after Faendal I think, he was often throwing lightning and was at a closer distance than Faendal. It did lead to him taking some damage, but not much at all.

Lydia really just wanted acting as defensive as I hoped she would. She did well as a meatshield because I gave her really nice armor and shield, but there were no defensive tactics exhibited and she was repeatedly "knocked out" in almost every fight (I had all them set to essential). Enemies really focused on her though as the only melee threat while I was usually the second closest person using my flames spell I was rarely attacked unless I wandered too close or there was an archer (in which case they targeted me rather than shooting into the melee, which was good AI I believe, same with Mages).

I don't know how the AI affected dragons, I was using Enhanced Mighty Dragons (Mighty or level 5 of 9 in terms of power I think). They were very hard and very long fights. Well not hard so much... just long. I would get one hit by dragons, but most of the time it wasn't a problem. They would repeatedly only go after Lydia as well, she could take a few hits, I would heal, etc. Even when she was knocked unconcious I didn't see them go after me or Jzargo or Faendal except with their breath weapon. Usually they would land, Lydia would run up and they would melee her, but as I approached into range they would 90% of the time use it against me and 10% of the time against Lydia (even if I was flanking), rarely did they pursue me, though the few times I got too close I was crushed by their tail or bitten and thrown and instantly killed. I noticed Jzargo and Faendal would take damage from the dragon fights as well, but mostly from breath weapons as well. I don't think the dragons pursued or attacked us real ranged threats very well at all. 

The only time I ran into problems was in against a

dragon mask priest at Shearpoint 

They did a good job keeping their distance from melee and running from me and Jzargo as we closed in on them in casting range, but eventually they ran right over a cliff and down a mountainside and I had a hell of a time recouping my group (they spread out and went in crazy directions or stood at the cliffs edge even though the enemy was out of range and just stood there.. I eventually ran into them with sprint to try and get them to move and find a path, which worked when they were on the edge of the shallow cliff, but not the big mountainside one) and getting us all down to them (had to use EFF group stop combat, follow me, fast travel to get them to group up with me), only for them to go back up the cliff where my followers AI couldn't reach (and I had a hard time since it was very sheer cliff) only to chase them back down further to another cliff.

they regenerated so much health, we were barely doing any damage, especially since my magic was doing nothing to him, so this fight kept dragging on and on as he continued backpedaling shooting his magic (he used up an entire staffs worth of charges on a fireball staff and then continued with his own magic). We reached the bottom of the mountain, chased him around in circles in the forest where he was attacked by some spiders which he focused on instead of lydia and me (he did a good job targeting me the MAJORITY of the time with his fireball staff and ice spikes), then we eventually chased him further to this excavation site? Filled with imperial soldiers. He fell into it and we cornered him against the wall along with 5 or so imperial guards and thus began a good 5 minute burn down of his health. It was entirely frustrating and boring, he managed to kill one imperial guard, but the rest were at the very least "protected" status. I know it wasn't legit because all my companions were essential and these guards were essential or something, but god he regenerated health so fast.. He really didn't manage to do much damage after he used up the staff because I think my lightning spells had drained all his mana by that point.

Anyways, there was some good parts about the AI, but most of it was terrible- although to be fair without essential status all of us would have been dead (well I healed really easily, so I would have ran). 

Overall, I wouldn't say it's bad and better than what I saw in vanilla AI (although I didn't play much vanilla, only 8 hours or so), but I will be looking at SkyRe's next because it supposedly enhances the AI to promote survivability over just sheer aggressiveness (which this mod wasn't lacking in at all- if you love aggressive enemies then get it for sure, because that part of it was very good). Depends on how you want to play.

Guys, EEAI does not replace Duel - Combat Realism. The term "AI" can be confusing it seems like.

EEAI only edit the Combat Style. In Skyrim, every NPC are assigned a Combat Style which basically make them either aggressive or defensive.

It also affect how they will fight. Likeliness of using melee, range, spell, etc.

EEAI is 100% compatible with Duel - Combat Realism since the latter only edit "Game Settings". (basically make the NPC bash or block more often amongst other things)

Duel does not touch "Combat Style" at all.

In my opinion, EEAI was meant to be used in conjunction with combat mods like Duel.

As OMGoblins described EEAI behavior, it's pretty hard to get a feeling of what exactly EEAI does and if it does it well.

The Combat Style setting are pretty vague to understand unless you do a lot of testing and even then it seem unpredictable.

EEAI is compatible with most if not all combat mods. The .esp needs to be placed after any combat mods as stated on the description page. It is not in itself an AI package but rather an enhancement to the AI of all enemies (not followers), so it should not be used on it's own. Erkiel recommends using a combat mod alongside his ERSO package and chooses DUEL as his recommended mod. It does seem to make fights more difficult, how much more is hard to guage - esp slots are obviously at a premium with a full SR install.

:)