Come Together N Out of the Way (by Nausicaa)

Quitch

• 4 weeks later...

I think that this is fine to accept. Will require some more elaborate mod notes though.

Does anyone have any recommended settings for this mod based upon their own usage?

When I last installed this, I was going through the STEP list, which took near 8 to 10 hours, and so unless a mod in the list had specific instructions or settings to use, once installed I moved on to the next one.  I like that STEP outlines recommended settings, which makes things easy to get a functioning setup working.  As long as the instructions are followed exactly, even a beginner who has never modded Skyrim can get this up and running without much problem, though having a working knowledge of what modding is, helps.

The problem with this mod in the current STEP guide is that it doesn't do a whole lot unless you configure the settings that allow it to function.  As an example, even though I had the mod installed, I ended up getting trapped inside a room I rented at an Inn in Riften because my follower and his wolf blocked the doorway.  It took me installing "Move It Dammit" for me to be able to exit the room, and then wondering why such a mod wasn't in STEP.

While I had previously looked at the MCM for this mod when I first launched the game, I didn't really understand what the settings meant, and wasn't going to change them since it could have messed things up, and in most cases the default settings are often the Author's recommended settings.  It doesn't help that the settings aren't really explained even on the mod's nexus page.  The name of the mod isn't all that descriptive either.  Something like "NPC Follower Tweaker" makes a lot more sense.

It actually took reading this thread for me to realize that this mod allows you to configure follower distance settings and when NPCs move out of the way.  I was thinking about uninstalling it, because it seemed like it didn't do anything, and I get that annoying message popping up each time I load the game.

With regards to settings, having had a chance to try it out, I'd recommend "Reaction Delay Time" and "Reaction Wait Timer" to be set to 0.  If I'm moving through an area and I collide with an NPC or follower, I most likely want them to move out of the way immediately.  Reaction Delay Time represents how long they delay before moving aside, while Reaction Wait Timer determines how long after they have moved out of the way before they will move out of the way a second time.  The defaults are 1 second and 3 seconds respectively, but I find even my follower doesn't try to move when Reaction Delay Time is set to 10, whereas I just want them out of the way if they are in the way.

Settings: TL;DR: Set "Reaction Delay Time" and "Reaction Wait Timer" to 0.

• +1 2

• 2 years later...

There is a fix, an update, in the optional files. What about it?

And while I am necroing this thread I want to stress the annoyance of that message in the top left corner. I do not use this mod because of it. Maybe the STEP patches could fix that, if it has not already.

Edited by TorNyan

What message in the top left corner? The only messages I recall seeing there is the message from ENBoost (each time you start the game) and the notification of mods being added to the MCM menu (the first time you load a save or start a new game with mods that include an MCM menu).

You only need the fix if you're experiencing a freeze of your followers/NPCs list. The message only displays on load for a few seconds so...yeah. It can't be fixed by the STEP Patches as these messages are generated by the scripts.

@Greg,

It's the message on load about the jump height setting.

You only need the fix if you're experiencing a freeze of your followers/NPCs list. The message only displays on load for a few seconds so...yeah. It can't be fixed by the STEP Patches as these messages are generated by the scripts.

I thought, since the file is called Script fix, maybe it is something that everyone should install. The file has a higher version number too. Main file is 1.2 and the script fix is 1.2a.

It's the message on load about the jump height setting.

As I remember it, it appears after each loading screen, like when entering an interior cell. It is quite immersion breaking in my opinion. It drags my attention and is annoying. And other people seem to think so too.

This mod is similar but inferior in terms of features: Move it Dammit for NPC Companions and Followers (by Apogee777). There is a version for Special Edition too.

Edited by TorNyan

Oh boy... I had forgotten all about the jump height message. :blush: I think primarily because it usually appears onscreen after that really annoying message from ENBoost and I'm trying my best to ignore that part of the screen.

Oh boy... I had forgotten all about the jump height message. :blush: I think primarily because it usually appears onscreen after that really annoying message from ENBoost and I'm trying my best to ignore that part of the screen.

Yeah, I'm on an SSD so I generally see the ENB message in-game too and not just on the loading screens. I go in and out of the game for mod testing and development so much that my brain tends to filter out those messages up there. I forget such things can be annoying for regular players. :^_^:

• 3 weeks later...

Does the orange/brown glow effect fade away with time?

I wasn't aware they had it bound to F2 by default. And every time I switched equipment sets it would fire the magic beam. Making objects(activatable objects like smelter/tanning rack/grindstone) glow.

I just remapped the key so it isn't very intrusive.