Yet another Freeze Thread

phazer11

Question

Yeah I know... but I can't keep beating my head against the proverbial wall much longer.

If I could figure this out on my own I would. Ok so I've given up on using any sort of resource monitor as they never seem to give accurate info (likely because they can't) but 95-97% of my freezes or CTD's occur in the wilderness. Now it's mostly freezes and I don't think it's VRAM or the RAM limit as it occurs even when I decrease my monitor and game resolution down to 1280x720 from 1600x900. I'm also using optimized 1k textures for all landscape and the largest resolution textures I have are my armors which have also been optimized (2k at most in this case)

I'm posting one of my latest logs at the bottom of this thread; I have more if you wish me to post them. If needed I can work up a mod list though at the moment the only non Skyrim Revisited mods or mods not in the SkyRe thread are The Black Sacrament Armor by AmethystDeceiver, Think to Yourself Messages, Real Shelter, Real Rain, Immersive Armors, Immersive Weapons, and Jaysus Swords, Unlimited Rings and Amulets, Guess the Distance and Blacksmith Forge Water Fix. 

Papyrus.0.7z

• Answers 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

What is the 32nd mod in your load order? My guess would be Real Shelter. That particular mod has way too many log entries.

EDIT: Sorry, I said the 32nd mod, but meant the 32nd item (well, 33rd really). This means skyrim.esm is item 0, DLC's are probably 1, 2, and 3 etc.

I'll post the log. And that was the mod's position unchanged from the time of the freeze.

I think you should refuse from using realshelter, as I before.

Do you use Jaysus swords fixed by sharlikran esp? It's important.

Some of qotsafans patches provide support for jaysus swords you should look for it, I don't remember which, but seems it will be qotsafans levelledlists+Miscellaneous ReProccer + Destruction Tweak Atronach 50 Patch.esp

I believe I installed the SkyRe compatibility patch for Jaysus swords and I use Sharlikrans version. As far as Real Shelter I wish it wasn't needed but it raining under roofs really bothers me; you said you mentioned it before? Anyone have an alternative?

I believe I installed the SkyRe compatibility patch for Jaysus swords and I use Sharlikrans version. As far as Real Shelter I wish it wasn't needed but it raining under roofs really bothers me; you said you mentioned it before? Anyone have an alternative?

no I mean that I stopped to use realshelter because of script errors long ago. I thought they were rewritten when gave you link. I don't know alternatives.

Try to disable realshelter and make run from helgen till first dragon, without enb.

Ok, got it. I was incorrect earlier about it being item #32. Skyrim uses hexadecimal to number everything in your load order so 32 in hex means 50 in decimal (doh!). Knowing the ID of the esp/esm file lets us know which mods are causing problems (note that not all entry logs that look like errors will actually cause any issues). Here are a few relatively harmless examples before we tackle what are probably the real problems:

[06/22/2013 - 09:35:57PM] warning: Property InventorUpgradeDefault on script KRY_TVPlayerAliasScript attached to alias PlayerAlias on quest KRY_TradingMCMStartupQuest (1B001831) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

***This entry tells us that the property InventorUpgradeDefault  has been deleted from the KRY_TVPlayerAliasScript script (which is tagged by the PlayerAlias alias (i.e. your character) which is used by the KRY_TradingMCMStartupQuest quest). This log entry is probably benign and the property is probably defined at a later time in the script. The important piece here are the first two hex digits in (1B001831). This tells us that all of this is happening in object number 1B (or 27 in decimal) in your load order. That item happens to be kryptopyr's "Trade and Barter"***

[06/22/2013 - 09:36:02PM] Error: File "Convenient Horse Herding.esp" does not exist or is not currently loaded.

stack:

.Game.GetFormFromFile() - "" Line ?

[CH (39020329)].chquestscript.GameLoaded() - "chquestscript.psc" Line 96

[CH (39020329)].chquestscript.OnUpdate() - "chquestscript.psc" Line 126

***This is an example of a stack dump where the last item listed called the function above it, which in turn called the top function. The top function is where the error occurred. Again, we don't have to dig too deeply into this entry but we can see that object number 39 in hex (or 57 in decimal) ultimately tried to get something from a file called "Convenient Horse Herding.esp" which you do not have in your mod directory. If we look at item 57 in your load order we see that the Convenient Horses mod was responsible.***

Now, as I said earlier not every entry in the log means there is a problem, but if there is an entry immediately before a CTD or a ton of entries from the same mod followed by the VM freezing there is definitely something wrong. As you can see in your log item number 32 (or 50 in decimal) is spamming your papyrus log. This mod turns out to be "Real Shelter". You can confirm the the script "GetShelterTBScript.psc" belongs to "Real Shelter" by navigating to your mod directory>Real Shelter v99 - Climates of Tamriel Version>Scripts>Source and seeing that the offender is there.

I would recommend uninstalling Real Shelter via MO, then making sure the Real Shelter folder in your mod directory (along with it's contents) are deleted. Start a fresh game and see if this solves the problem. These Papyrus log spams may not be an issue for people with fewer heavily scripted mods installed, but since you are running so many mods (many of which run recurring scripts) this type of error could be a major problem. I also see the "Wet and Cold" mod with recurring entries, but I don't think they are the major reason your game is freezing.

As a final note, after looking over the source code and using my knowledge of coding in general (granted I know nothing of the Papyrus scripting language but briefly reviewed the Creation Kit's wiki) it would appear that the author of Real Shelter did not declare a few of his properties correctly, which causes the errors in his mod. I'll leave him a message over at the nexus.

PS, sorry for the long post. Hope it provided some insight into how to interpret the Papyrus Log so that you can find the root of any future problems.

PPS, Notepad++ is a great tool for viewing your load order ;)

Thanks for the positive feedback guys, I hope it helped :). So I have contacted Real Shelter's author and have suggested a few fixes to her scripts. They should eliminate the Papyrus spamming and also make the code more efficient. Until then, you don't have to necessarily remove the mod. If you disable Papyrus logging the freezes it is potentially causing should be eliminated.

Well I removed it and I wouldn't say that everything is hunky dory yet but so far I've only gotten an infinite loading screen. I'll post my two longer logs and see what you make of them. I think the one with the infinite loading screen is Papyrus.2

Going to see if disabling logging let's me continue from the save I made just before the infinite loading screen.

Up to infinite loading screen.7z