Which mods break with Climates of Tamriel?

Quitch

Question

There are a number of mods which do work with the sky effects and so I'm wondering which of the following work/break with CoT:

Lightning During Thunderstorms (Minty Lightning) - Has a compatibility patch

Rainbows - Unknown

Shooting Stars - Unknown

Skyrim Sunglare - Not compatible

Can be solved by creating a climatesoftamriel sub-folder at the mod's lowest level and copying the files in there. It will then overwrite the CoT version in your install order (assuming you place CoT higher up)

Immersive Thunder - Not compatible

Rain sounds will still work

Did I miss any?

EDIT:

Sounds of Skyrim - Has compatibility patches

15 answers to this question

There are a number of mods which do work with the sky effects and so I'm wondering which of the following work/break with CoT:

Lightning During Thunderstorms (Minty Lightning) - Has a compatibility patch

Rainbows - Unknown

Shooting Stars - Unknown

Skyrim Sunglare - Not compatible

Can be solved by creating a climatesoftamriel sub-folder at the mod's lowest level and copying the files in there. It will then overwrite the CoT version in your install order (assuming you place CoT higher up)

Immersive Thunder - Not compatible

Rain sounds will still work

Did I miss any?

Pretty sure you can use Skyrim Sunglare if you simply install it after CoT. It's only one file that is overwritten. I don't think you need to make a subfolder or anything. It should replace the correct texture.

Not according to the author:

This mod is fully compatible with Climates of Tamriel. Install CoT first, then download my files and replace both sun.dds and sunglare.dds files in Data/Textures/Sky/climatesoftamriel folder with mine. It's done!

There's a similar workaround for Immersive Thunder, except you have to rename files and make multiple copies, so I didn't bother posting it.

@those who like to use this mod with CoT:

- create this folder in your Skyrim data folder -> ...data\sound\fx\climatesoftamriel

- extract the thunder files from wordees Immersive Skyrim Thunder into that newly created folder

- rename one of wordees files to "cotsnd01", another one to "cotsnd02", another one to "cotsnd03" and so on...up to "cotsnd17" (those are the names of the thunder sounds from CoT)

...you only have to replace and arrange these files to your liking and then you can have ISTV6 together with CoT

This simply works because loose files have higher priority than the files inside a bsa-archive and so CoT thunder sound files get overridden

Not according to the author:

This mod is fully compatible with Climates of Tamriel. Install CoT first, then download my files and replace both sun.dds and sunglare.dds files in Data/Textures/Sky/climatesoftamriel folder with mine. It's done!

There's a similar workaround for Immersive Thunder, except you have to rename files and make multiple copies, so I didn't bother posting it.

@those who like to use this mod with CoT:

- create this folder in your Skyrim data folder -> ...data\sound\fx\climatesoftamriel

- extract the thunder files from wordees Immersive Skyrim Thunder into that newly created folder

- rename one of wordees files to "cotsnd01", another one to "cotsnd02", another one to "cotsnd03" and so on...up to "cotsnd17" (those are the names of the thunder sounds from CoT)

...you only have to replace and arrange these files to your liking and then you can have ISTV6 together with CoT

This simply works because loose files have higher priority than the files inside a bsa-archive and so CoT thunder sound files get overridden

Oh nice. Thanks. I'm glad you posted this. I guess I was doing it wrong. I was just installing skyrim sunglare over climates of tamriel and assuming it was working. Woops! Does immersive thunder sound better than the sounds in CoT? How do I do this if I install CoT as loose files? Just replace the files in the sound\fx\climatesoftamriel folder with the IMST files and then rename?

I haven't compared the two sound-wise so couldn't say. But yeah, you basically install as loose and replace those files with yours, though as Immersive Thunder only has 4 files and CoT has 17 you'll need to make some copies.

I haven't compared the two sound-wise so couldn't say. But yeah you basically install as loose and replace those files with yours, though as Immersive Thunder only has 4 files and CoT has 17 you'll need to make some copies.

Eh I think I'll just stick with CoT. The thunder noise is really good and from what you said, it has more variety too. Skyrim Sunglare I want though.

If you want to replace the sun and sunglare textures. you need to go to to the \sky folder of CoT and replace the textures there. CoT links to a different path then the vanilla sun and sunglare texture, so to avoid any potential issues of a double sun or the like then just replace the one inside the CoT folder.

if i want to add CoT to step, where would I put this in the install order? I see I need a compatibility patch to make this work with minty lightning.

how come CoT was not included in STEP? I saw an old STEP guide that said it would not be updated because there is too much time.

If you like the sounds more then just rename the files to the CoT names and they will be used without any fuss.

The only real issue comes if you want to have all the sounds at once, since then you may have to create a patch so that the CoT.esm links to all of the sounds.

If you like the sounds more then just rename the files to the CoT names and they will be used without any fuss.

The only real issue comes if you want to have all the sounds at once, since then you may have to create a patch so that the CoT.esm links to all of the sounds.

Eh I'm wondering if this is even worth it now. I wish I had a comparison between the CoT thunder and IMST.