More Dynamic Shadows and Striping Fixed (by puuloo)

skwareballz

First: Again, the criticism hasn't been about the quality of your work since that is great, it has been about the compatibility of it due to some very common mistakes you've made while creating the mod, which sadly among other things makes it incompatible with one of the most popular mods ever created for Skyrim.

Second: Isn't that the same thing? o_O

Third: I think it mostly had to do with the comment I quoted in my previous reply, where you said you couldn't give a **** about STEP etc. This is the STEP forums after all. :)Your attitude overall in the 2 posts you've made has been extremely confrontational.

Last: As you can see next to his name he is indeed an Admin here. :P

Also, I doubt you should be calling me child (I assume part of it is referring to me atleast, as I'm the one who brought up the issue with the UDRs) as I have a good feeling I am quite a bit older than you. ;) You should note that I've made very clear that the mod is excellent for the people who are not using conflicting mods, which again brings back point #1, that the criticism has nothing to do with the quality of your shadows. STEP as a project *must* make sure that all mods are compatible, or it has failed. I suppose there might be a language barrier of some kind that does not make this clear?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow i think another mod maker that can't take a little criticism. If he is a veteren in modding like he says he is he should know that his mod isen't going to work perfectly with everybodys game and not everybody is going to think its the best thing since sliced bread. From what i have read in this thread no body was bashing the mod for work done or anything they where just stating there points and maybe trying to point out errors in the mod which i think in most cases is caused by the crappy buggy CK and not the mod maker

And remember Puuloo your not the king of all and every body has the right to voice there opinion as long as its within the forum rules as with your post you are trying to state your opinion but i think its on the verge of breaking a few of our rules but i won't do anything out of haste i will see what the others think first

First, I need to see you take criticism about something which you've spent countless hours on. :dry: :ox:

Second, I'm not a veteran at modding! I just have been in modding for a long time. :no:

Third, and what rules am i on the "verge of breaking"?????

Last, are you some kind of a boss here to do something "in haste"?:lol:

I just hate to see some children giving estimates here and there and someone, who wants to check the mod out see them and then turn the other way!!!! :down: So, i don't have to take anything from you! :down:

I do not normally like to involve myself in this sort of dispute but as an Admin and Moderator of this site I will add my responce to that of Vond because, whether English is your first language or not Puuloo, you should be aware that your use of language verges on arrogant and insulting, both to our project and to individuals using this site.

I understand that you wish to defend your mod which you have dedicated 'countless hours' to creating. However without attention to constructive criticism how will you ever perfect that work?

As stated, the aim of STEP is to advise on a modded setup that can be expected to have few if any conflicts - as such it is a guide, not a formal specification of mods to use.

But if there are potential issues with a mod we are bound to express those on this site.

For mod authors this should be a helpful resource to identify those problems and improve their work.

Perhaps you would prefer that these problems were raised in your Nexus forum thread instead?

As to your final comments: I am 55 years old and a Lecturer in Information Technology, I try to treat everyone with due respect and acknowledge their efforts to improve a game I enjoy playing in my spare time. I also try to help improve those efforts if I see a way to do so, as I assume that is the aim of a dedicated mod author.

"i don't have to take anything from you! :down:" - No you don't, but that works in both directions. Please attempt to act in a civil, adult and reasoned manner if you wish to participate on our forum.

@Puloo

I actully take [align=left]criticism very well i think since i was the one who originally created these forums on a free board and was taking all the comment's on how to improve the free boards most of the comments i took and tried to do the best i could with the free boards and turned out the free boards just sucked so we voted on moving to a paid forums board which even tho i put alot of work in the forums from the free forums i was useing and all the work i put in to it i didn't complain cuz i knew it was going to be better and FIX the things I coulden't do on the free boards which is way i took the

criticism and agreed with everybody [/align]

@puuloo

I am glad you created the mod and hope that you will spend some time bringing it up to standard now that this has been pointed out. It should be a good learing experience for you as well as a testament to your fans that you are a mod author that is likely to produce good things ahead.

STEP is a great venue for an up-and-coming mod author :yes:

• Your mod is fabulous and the shadows are gorgeous. Thanks for all the time and effort :thumbsup:
  • Due to a design error on Bethesda's part while making the CK, records from Skyrim.esm can be marked deleted instead of being merely disabled.
  • Unfortunately this broken design has made your mod incompatible with many others.
  • It is one of the primary purposes of STEP to test for incompatibilities in a mod.

Lol, i didn't expect such fast response. :happy:

I should have apologised earlier but i remembered just now to check it.

I was mad very angry the other day and i was just looking for something to get my rage on but that was a mistake. :ermm:

I didn't mean you are all kids! I used that word when i was angry state but now i don't think so. :rolleyes:

I HOPE YOU ALL FORGIVE ME.

Now, i want to ask you something.

I saw you mentioned converting deleted records to disables. But how can this be done within the CK?

Or is it another program? :?

Thank you for your apology Puuloo, we all occasionally say things online in the heat of the moment that we later regret. Apology accepted :)

As to the convertion of delete to disable I will leave that question for someone like Vond to respond as they understand this area of things much better than I do.

I hope you will continue to check out our forum and contribute on the basis of your modding knowledge.

This is from a post another post on the matter and explains it very well:

set PlayerREF as the enable parent of the stuff you want gone, then tick the "Set enable state to opposite of parent" flag. The player is persistent and is never disabled, so the parented references will assuredly not render even if saved as enabled.

To remove "deleted" references from a plugin, open it with the CK, then File > Data > Details and sort by "Deleted", select/multiselect any and all "Deleted" cell children noting their FormID's, then hit the delete key to mark them "Ignored" and save. The next time the CK closes, all "Ignored" forms will be removed. From there, one can revisit the forms and remove them via enable parentage as described above

Ok, i've done ignoring all the deleted records and now i have to re-edit all interiors i have previously editted. And i have editted all skyrim interiors minus 2 or 3 interiors. Well, it will take a very very long time but i will do it in the name of all people who play skyrim. :)

It's like starting all over. Grrrrr.

That's why I mentioned earlier that I'd understand if you wouldn't want to do it for this mod, since it's a loooooot of work. :)

So if you do it: awesome!

If you don't: atleast you know what to avoid for your next mod!

I'm already doing it. Right where i started, with Riverwood! :)

It's strange.

EDIT: It looks like most of the interiors are more good-looking with some of the earlier deleted non-shadowcasting lights!

That saves a lot of time!

I'm already doing it. Right where i started, with Riverwood! :)

It's strange.

EDIT: It looks like most of the interiors are more good-looking with some of the earlier deleted non-shadowcasting lights!

That saves a lot of time!

Ah, even more awesome! Atleast something quality-wise comes out of it aswell then. :)