More Dynamic Shadows and Striping Fixed (by puuloo)

skwareballz

Personally I got a considerable amount of shadow/light flickering with MDS... I assume due to the fact that he's running into the limit on dynamic light sources the engine has. Same issue Lighting Placement Fix has.

Well, if it's possible, can you tell me where you got this flickering? If i know the place it can be easily fixed :)

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been over a month since I tried it, but off the top of my head... entrance to Markarth, the Jarl's quarters in Morthal, and the entrance to Dragonsreach. There were also some general places in Whiterun where I could pan my camera around and see some torches going on and off.

I'm guessing a higher FoV causes this bug to happen more often as well?

Umm puuloo its included in Project Enb so its still in STEP. I think you need to actually install STEP sometime before getting crazy with these conspiracy theories.

Not really, though.

TC has advised against using MDS due to some apparent bugs (I can't elaborate on that), ENB Choices page on STEP Wiki tells users not to not use any optional files, and one of the earlier STEP revisions had linked to a pastebin by TC that excluded MDS and some other optional files from Project ENB.

So MDS is certainly not in STEP 2.2 as of now.

That is an error, project enb looks terrible without the additional files (I mean it was totally designed with them in mind). And COT is core STEP not an optional install (unless using Dawnguard which I don't recommend until it is fixed), the wording needs to be updated.

Definitely use countervibe or another ENB if not using the extra's. These things happen when we release quickly, easily fixed. Also need to include SMAA on the enb choices page.

• 6 years later...